|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is at Kayla's house when she gets home?
(a) A fire truck.
(d) A crowd of people.
2. What is proposed about persons seeking public assistance?
(a) Their bar code would have to be read each time they came in for their check.
(b) They would have to have a bar code to receive assistance.
(c) They would be given a free tattoo and genetic check when on public assistance.
(d) They could not get assistance if they had enough money for a bar code.
3. Where does August suggest the group might meet up if they have to leave their homes?
(b) Lake Placid.
(c) Cape May.
4. According to Ashley, what is happening to the healthy babies at the hospital?
(a) They are being sent to training schools and their parents told they are dead.
(b) They are being genetically enhanced.
(c) They are being swapped to the best parents.
(d) They are being "adopted" by the State.
5. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
(b) The opponents are anarchist hippies.
(c) The opponents are just young rebels.
(d) The opponents are uninformed.
6. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
(a) A sympathy card.
(b) An application for a tattoo.
(c) An article on the advantages of tattoos.
(d) An article on the evils of tattoos.
7. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) Kayla's uncle.
(c) Amber's father.
8. Whom does Amber know in Nevada?
(a) No one.
(b) Her best friend from elementary school.
(c) A cousin.
(d) Her great-grandmother.
9. Where are Kayla and Amber when Kayla has a vision?
(a) Signing classmates' yearbooks.
(b) Standing in a line at the Global-1 office.
(c) Shopping at the mall.
(d) Arguing with Amber's father.
10. Whose killing is reported by the newspaper?
(a) Amber's father.
(b) The President.
(c) One of Kayla's classmates.
(d) Gene Drake.
11. Who is Gene Drake?
(a) Kayla's uncle.
(b) Kayla's mother's cousin.
(c) Another school chum of Kayla's.
(d) A next-door neighbor.
12. What does Kayla search for in the warehouse district?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) A club.
(c) Her father's new place of employment.
(d) Another job.
13. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
(a) He finishes her calculus homework.
(b) He moves the living room furniture.
(c) He bathes her dog.
(d) He hacks back into her father's file.
14. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
(a) Nedra is a government agent.
(b) He and Nedra have broken up.
(c) Nedra is using an alias.
(d) Nedra has given the CIA all their names.
15. Why does Amber have to go with her parents?
(a) They have to use her barcode for expenses.
(b) She is still a minor.
(c) Her mother is very ill.
(d) She has to watch her younger siblings while they look for jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what illness did Kayla's paternal grandmother suffer?
2. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
3. In what year does Kayla's father die?
4. What does Kayla reveal that she learned?
5. What do Amber and Kayla hear as they are running away from the post office?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)