|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amber have that Kayla does not?
(a) A supportive family.
(b) Lots of money.
(c) A bar code tattoo.
(d) Gorgeous looks.
2. What does Kayla want to buy for Amber's birthday?
(a) A music chip.
(b) A meal chip.
(c) A sitting for a video.
(d) A new movie.
3. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
(a) The patient in the bed next to her dies.
(b) Zekeal arrives.
(c) There is a loud crashing noise.
(d) She has a vision.
4. What does Ashley tell Kayla to do?
(a) Join the youth rebellion.
(b) Don't get the tattoo.
(c) Think very hard before getting the tattoo.
(d) Get the tattoo.
5. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Throws her books.
(d) Calls her mother.
6. What is Zekeal reading when Kayla gets to his apartment?
(a) A manual for Tattoo Gen.
(b) Her father's file.
(c) A manual on passive resistance.
(d) A manual on building Molotov cocktails.
7. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
(a) Her mother is on fire.
(b) Her mother has slit her wrists.
(c) Her brother is choking their mother.
(d) Her mother is being handcuffed.
8. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) The accidental injury of her dad.
(b) The acceptance of the bar code tattoo.
(c) The acceptance of bribes.
(d) The death of her younger brother.
9. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) Kayla's uncle.
(d) Amber's father.
10. According to Amber, what does not hurt?
(a) The tattoo.
(b) Taking some time off after graduation.
(c) Cultivating the right people's friendship.
(d) Researching options.
11. What is Nedra covered in when she arrives at the meeting?
(b) Paper strings.
12. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her classes were not advanced.
(b) Her grades in computer class are too low.
(c) Her art classes are not varied enough.
(d) Her parents have too much money.
13. Where does Kayla find a job?
(a) A re-cycle center.
(b) An ice cream drive in.
(c) A thrift shop.
(d) An art supply shop.
14. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
(a) He is ill.
(b) To protest to the new law about tattoos.
(c) He wants to form a new resistance movement.
(d) His wife is dying.
15. Amber argues in favor of ___________________.
(a) Going to film school instead of a traditional college.
(b) The tattoo.
(c) Having her grandparents convince her parents to sign the applications.
(d) Mfumbe as a boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does the government pass?
2. What does Kayla suggest for her and Amber to do?
3. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
4. What does Kayla do in the vision she has at Zekeal's place?
5. Where does August suggest the group might meet up if they have to leave their homes?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)