|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla ask her counselor about his wrist?
(a) If his wrist hurts.
(b) If he had broken his wrist.
(c) If the tattoo on it is disconcerting.
(d) If he was forced to tattoo his wrist.
2. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He wants to form a new resistance movement.
(c) His wife is dying.
(d) To protest to the new law about tattoos.
3. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
(a) An article on the evils of tattoos.
(b) An application for a tattoo.
(c) An article on the advantages of tattoos.
(d) A sympathy card.
4. What does Mfumbe Taylor do when Kayla is still in the stairwell?
(a) Drops a book and almost hits her.
(b) Tells her to move out of the way.
(c) Trips over her feet.
(d) Makes a sarcastic remark to Kayla.
5. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In an art gallery in Paris.
(c) On top of a bare mountain near the coast.
(d) In a crowd of people headed for a large city.
6. When are students supposed to receive their tattoo?
(a) On their 21st birthday.
(b) At their high school graduation.
(c) On their 10th birthday.
(d) On their 17th birthday.
7. Where are Kayla and Amber when Kayla has a vision?
(a) Signing classmates' yearbooks.
(b) Standing in a line at the Global-1 office.
(c) Arguing with Amber's father.
(d) Shopping at the mall.
8. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her cat.
9. When does Kayla have another vision?
(a) While cleaning bloodstains in the bathroom.
(b) At her tattoo party.
(c) At her father's funeral.
(d) While sleeping.
10. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) Hodgkin's disease.
(d) Heart disease.
11. Where does Kayla find a job?
(a) An ice cream drive in.
(b) A re-cycle center.
(c) An art supply shop.
(d) A thrift shop.
12. What does Kayla's counselor say is a matter of convenience?
(a) Doing all his shopping at the State store.
(b) Living at the bachelor quarters at the school.
(c) The bar code tattoo.
(d) Walking to his job.
13. What does Kayla suggest for her and Amber to do?
(a) Find out if the thrift shop will hire Amber.
(b) Drive to Las Vegas.
(c) Drive to Denver.
(d) Find a place to live together.
14. What does the doctor at the hospital insist they do with Kayla?
(a) Make Kayla wait to leave until her aunt and uncle arrive.
(b) Let her leave the hospital without a tattoo.
(c) Tattoo her.
(d) Pretend her mother is still alive.
15. What does Amber have that Kayla does not?
(a) A supportive family.
(b) Gorgeous looks.
(c) A bar code tattoo.
(d) Lots of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
2. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
3. According to Amber, what does not hurt?
4. Why are Amber's parents feeling stressed about a planned move?
5. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)