|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Amber done concerning Kayla?
(a) Told Kayla they can no longer be friends.
(b) Told the authorities Kayla is avoiding applying for a bar code.
(c) Applied for a bar code tattoo for Kayla.
(d) Told Kayla's parents that Kayla plans to run away.
2. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
(a) Her brother is choking their mother.
(b) Her mother has slit her wrists.
(c) Her mother is being handcuffed.
(d) Her mother is on fire.
3. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are uninformed.
(b) The opponents are just young rebels.
(c) The opponents are anarchist hippies.
(d) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
5. Why does Zekeal apologize to Kayla?
(a) For not believing Kayla about the tattoos.
(b) For being mean to her the week before.
(c) For not showing up on time for their date.
(d) For scaring her.
6. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
(a) Nedra is using an alias.
(b) Nedra has given the CIA all their names.
(c) Nedra is a government agent.
(d) He and Nedra have broken up.
7. What does Kayla suggest are related?
(a) Cloning and tattooing.
(b) Cloning and the religious right.
(c) Tattooing and the radical left.
(d) Tattooing and the Bull market.
8. What does Kayla's counselor say is a matter of convenience?
(a) Walking to his job.
(b) Living at the bachelor quarters at the school.
(c) The bar code tattoo.
(d) Doing all his shopping at the State store.
9. What is Kayla's mother looking at on the computer?
(a) A list of agents who will help people re-locate out of the country.
(b) Pictures of Kayla's father as a boy.
(c) A list of illegal activities being carried out by the government.
(d) A database file on her father.
10. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
(a) About her fight with Mfumbe.
(b) About the scholarship.
(c) About her low grades.
(d) About her parents' attitude.
11. What does Kayla search for in the warehouse district?
(a) Her father's new place of employment.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) Another job.
(d) A club.
12. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
(a) An application for a tattoo.
(b) An article on the advantages of tattoos.
(c) A sympathy card.
(d) An article on the evils of tattoos.
13. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
(a) The providers could use coding to determine fee schedules.
(b) She does not mention genetic coding in her talk.
(c) The providers could plan ahead financially if they knew the types of illnesses the people they insure might have.
(d) The providers could use genetic coding as a basis for denying insurance.
14. What neighbor of Kayla's is arrested?
(a) An elderly man who had been on the lam for years.
(b) A young, foreign student.
(c) The deceased's roommate.
(d) No one.
15. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) Amber's father.
(c) Kayla's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
2. What is one argument against the tattoo?
3. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
4. What does Kayla ask her counselor about his wrist?
5. What e-mail does Kayla find in Zekeal's inbox?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)