|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose killing is reported by the newspaper?
(a) Amber's father.
(b) One of Kayla's classmates.
(c) The President.
(d) Gene Drake.
2. What has Amber done concerning Kayla?
(a) Told Kayla they can no longer be friends.
(b) Told Kayla's parents that Kayla plans to run away.
(c) Applied for a bar code tattoo for Kayla.
(d) Told the authorities Kayla is avoiding applying for a bar code.
3. According to Ashley, what is the cause of Joseph's death?
(a) A mixture of prescription drugs.
(b) The bar code.
(c) A protest over the direction society is taking.
(d) Weak heart.
4. Why does Kayla decide not to have the tattoo?
(a) She is angry with Amber.
(b) Her boyfriend convinced her to wait.
(c) She's afraid of infection.
(d) Because of her vision.
5. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
(a) About her parents' attitude.
(b) About her low grades.
(c) About the scholarship.
(d) About her fight with Mfumbe.
6. From what illness did Kayla's paternal grandmother suffer?
(a) Multiple Sclerosis.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
7. According to Ashley, what is happening to the healthy babies at the hospital?
(a) They are being "adopted" by the State.
(b) They are being genetically enhanced.
(c) They are being swapped to the best parents.
(d) They are being sent to training schools and their parents told they are dead.
8. What is Zekeal reading when Kayla gets to his apartment?
(a) A manual for Tattoo Gen.
(b) A manual on passive resistance.
(c) A manual on building Molotov cocktails.
(d) Her father's file.
9. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
(a) Not having gone to a doctor in a number of years.
(b) Being drunk and falling in the water.
(c) Breathing poor air in the mines.
(d) Depression about being passed over for promotion.
10. What is one argument against the tattoo?
(a) It is potentially dangerous.
(b) It is an infringement on privacy.
(c) It leads to the State having too much power.
(d) It is unsightly.
11. What did Kayla see next door on the night the person whose death was reported in the newspaper was killed?
(a) A fight between a husband and wife.
(b) A fight between a boy and his parents.
(c) A search of the deceased's house.
(d) A party at the neighbor's house.
12. What school does Kayla want to attend?
(a) Art school.
(b) Pharmacy school.
(c) Film school.
(d) Architect school.
13. What is the consequence of Amber's father's defective tattoo?
(a) He is asked to have the tattoo redone.
(b) He is arrested for tampering with the tattoo.
(c) He is rejected for a home loan.
(d) He is arrested for fraud.
14. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are just young rebels.
(b) The opponents are anarchist hippies.
(c) The opponents are uninformed.
(d) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
15. What does Kayla suggest are related?
(a) Tattooing and the Bull market.
(b) Tattooing and the radical left.
(c) Cloning and tattooing.
(d) Cloning and the religious right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
2. Who is Amber Thorn?
3. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
4. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
5. Why does Amber ask Kayla to come to where she is staying?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)