|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
(a) The providers could plan ahead financially if they knew the types of illnesses the people they insure might have.
(b) She does not mention genetic coding in her talk.
(c) The providers could use genetic coding as a basis for denying insurance.
(d) The providers could use coding to determine fee schedules.
2. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her cat.
3. Why is a particular character in the story residing at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) The person has been evicted from their home.
(b) The person manages the motel.
(c) The person is evading the law.
(d) The person is unemployed.
4. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are anarchist hippies.
(b) The opponents are uninformed.
(c) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
(d) The opponents are just young rebels.
5. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
(a) Her mother is being handcuffed.
(b) Her mother has slit her wrists.
(c) Her brother is choking their mother.
(d) Her mother is on fire.
6. What does Kayla search for in the warehouse district?
(a) Another job.
(b) A club.
(c) Her father's new place of employment.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend.
7. Who is Gene Drake?
(a) A next-door neighbor.
(b) Kayla's uncle.
(c) Another school chum of Kayla's.
(d) Kayla's mother's cousin.
8. What law does the government pass?
(a) Everyone must have a tattoo.
(b) Those who refuse to be tattooed may not work in any critical-service field.
(c) No one can suffer discrimination as a result of refusing to be tattooed.
(d) Everyone must be genetically tested regardless of whether they have a bar code or not.
9. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
(a) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
(b) It is the end of the school year.
(c) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
(d) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
10. When does Kayla have another vision?
(a) While sleeping.
(b) At her tattoo party.
(c) While cleaning bloodstains in the bathroom.
(d) At her father's funeral.
11. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
(a) Nedra is a government agent.
(b) Nedra has given the CIA all their names.
(c) He and Nedra have broken up.
(d) Nedra is using an alias.
12. Where do Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) The mall.
(b) Global-1 offices.
(c) The library.
(d) The police station.
13. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
(a) About her parents' attitude.
(b) About the scholarship.
(c) About her low grades.
(d) About her fight with Mfumbe.
14. Where are Kayla and Amber when Kayla has a vision?
(a) Standing in a line at the Global-1 office.
(b) Signing classmates' yearbooks.
(c) Arguing with Amber's father.
(d) Shopping at the mall.
15. What does Kayla not want to reveal about being late to the meeting?
(a) She was trying to decide if she wanted to come to the meeting.
(b) She was interrogated by government agents.
(c) She was dealing with her drunken mother.
(d) She was dealing with her brother who had used cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other person does Kayla know who is in the same situation as the person living in the Motor Inn?
2. Why are Amber's parents feeling stressed about a planned move?
3. What does Ashley tell Kayla to do?
4. What does Kayla reveal that she learned?
5. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after seeing her at the location in question fifty-seven?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)