|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Amber's parents feeling stressed about a planned move?
(a) They are moving into an area that is considered unsafe.
(b) They don't have enough money for the moving costs.
(c) They want to buy new furnishings but do not have the money.
(d) They now have nowhere to live.
2. Why is a particular character in the story residing at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) The person is evading the law.
(b) The person has been evicted from their home.
(c) The person manages the motel.
(d) The person is unemployed.
3. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
(a) He bathes her dog.
(b) He finishes her calculus homework.
(c) He hacks back into her father's file.
(d) He moves the living room furniture.
4. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
(a) Nedra is using an alias.
(b) Nedra has given the CIA all their names.
(c) He and Nedra have broken up.
(d) Nedra is a government agent.
5. What does Kayla discover when she gets to work?
(a) She has a new boss.
(b) The place is closed.
(c) They are having a big special event.
(d) She's been fired.
6. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) Kayla's uncle.
(d) Amber's father.
7. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
(a) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
(b) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
(c) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
(d) It is the end of the school year.
8. Amber argues in favor of ___________________.
(a) Going to film school instead of a traditional college.
(b) The tattoo.
(c) Mfumbe as a boyfriend.
(d) Having her grandparents convince her parents to sign the applications.
9. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
(a) In an art gallery in Paris.
(b) On top of a bare mountain near the coast.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In a crowd of people headed for a large city.
10. How does Zekeal explain his choice of reading material to Kayla?
(a) He does not believe in violence.
(b) He thinks they should start destroying the bar code records.
(c) He wants to understand the opposition.
(d) He got it for Kayla.
11. Why does Amber have to go with her parents?
(a) She has to watch her younger siblings while they look for jobs.
(b) They have to use her barcode for expenses.
(c) Her mother is very ill.
(d) She is still a minor.
12. What does Kayla refrain from doing when Mfumbe asks her something?
(a) Lying to him.
(b) Fleeing from him.
(c) Talking sarcastically to him.
(d) Confiding in him.
13. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
(a) In a vision.
(b) At the library.
(c) At home.
(d) At school.
14. Where does Kayla find a job?
(a) An art supply shop.
(b) A thrift shop.
(c) A re-cycle center.
(d) An ice cream drive in.
15. What do Amber and Kayla hear as they are running away from the post office?
(a) A helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
2. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
3. Why does Kayla take the job there?
4. What does Kayla do in the vision she has at Zekeal's place?
5. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)