|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ashley tell Kayla to do?
(a) Don't get the tattoo.
(b) Get the tattoo.
(c) Join the youth rebellion.
(d) Think very hard before getting the tattoo.
2. Why is a particular character in the story residing at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) The person manages the motel.
(b) The person is evading the law.
(c) The person is unemployed.
(d) The person has been evicted from their home.
3. Why does Amber have to go with her parents?
(a) They have to use her barcode for expenses.
(b) She is still a minor.
(c) Her mother is very ill.
(d) She has to watch her younger siblings while they look for jobs.
4. According to Ashley, what is the cause of Joseph's death?
(a) The bar code.
(b) Weak heart.
(c) A mixture of prescription drugs.
(d) A protest over the direction society is taking.
5. What does Kayla search for in the warehouse district?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) Another job.
(c) A club.
(d) Her father's new place of employment.
6. What does Kayla not want to reveal about being late to the meeting?
(a) She was trying to decide if she wanted to come to the meeting.
(b) She was dealing with her brother who had used cocaine.
(c) She was dealing with her drunken mother.
(d) She was interrogated by government agents.
7. What does Kayla's counselor say is a matter of convenience?
(a) Living at the bachelor quarters at the school.
(b) Doing all his shopping at the State store.
(c) The bar code tattoo.
(d) Walking to his job.
8. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
(a) Her mother is being handcuffed.
(b) Her mother has slit her wrists.
(c) Her mother is on fire.
(d) Her brother is choking their mother.
9. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) The death of her younger brother.
(b) The accidental injury of her dad.
(c) The acceptance of bribes.
(d) The acceptance of the bar code tattoo.
10. What does Kayla want to buy for Amber's birthday?
(a) A new movie.
(b) A sitting for a video.
(c) A music chip.
(d) A meal chip.
11. Against what does Senator David Young speak?
(a) The whole bar code system.
(b) The public assistance proposal.
(c) Requiring children under the age of eighteen to be bar coded.
(d) Requiring children who attend public school to be bar coded.
12. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(b) Kayla's uncle.
(d) Amber's father.
13. According to Amber, what does not hurt?
(a) The tattoo.
(b) Cultivating the right people's friendship.
(c) Researching options.
(d) Taking some time off after graduation.
14. Why are Amber's parents fighting when Kayla arrives at Amber's house?
(a) Amber's mother wants to take a vacation.
(b) Amber's mother wants Amber to stop seeing Kayla and her father doesn't want that..
(c) They are fighting over where Amber will go to college.
(d) They have been denied a home loan.
15. According to Ashley, what is happening to the healthy babies at the hospital?
(a) They are being sent to training schools and their parents told they are dead.
(b) They are being genetically enhanced.
(c) They are being "adopted" by the State.
(d) They are being swapped to the best parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor at the hospital insist they do with Kayla?
2. Who is Gene Drake?
3. What law does the government pass?
4. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
5. How is the killing justified?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)