|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zekeal reading when Kayla gets to his apartment?
(a) A manual on building Molotov cocktails.
(b) Her father's file.
(c) A manual on passive resistance.
(d) A manual for Tattoo Gen.
2. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her classes were not advanced.
(b) Her art classes are not varied enough.
(c) Her grades in computer class are too low.
(d) Her parents have too much money.
3. What did Kayla see next door on the night the person whose death was reported in the newspaper was killed?
(a) A fight between a boy and his parents.
(b) A party at the neighbor's house.
(c) A fight between a husband and wife.
(d) A search of the deceased's house.
4. What is Zekeal's explanation for the email?
(a) It was sent to him in error.
(b) He is a double agent.
(c) He was planning to tell Kayla.
(d) He hopes to subvert Tattoo Gen from the inside.
5. What does Kayla realize will happen if she gets a tattoo?
(a) Zekeal will love her.
(b) She will at least be able to function in society.
(c) Her future is over.
(d) She will not have to run anymore.
6. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) At school.
(c) At tennis practice.
(d) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
7. What law does the government pass?
(a) No one can suffer discrimination as a result of refusing to be tattooed.
(b) Everyone must be genetically tested regardless of whether they have a bar code or not.
(c) Those who refuse to be tattooed may not work in any critical-service field.
(d) Everyone must have a tattoo.
8. When are students supposed to receive their tattoo?
(a) On their 17th birthday.
(b) At their high school graduation.
(c) On their 10th birthday.
(d) On their 21st birthday.
9. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
(a) He and Nedra have broken up.
(b) Nedra is using an alias.
(c) Nedra has given the CIA all their names.
(d) Nedra is a government agent.
10. What does Kayla do in the vision she has at Zekeal's place?
(a) Persuade people to remove their tattoos.
(b) Blow up the President's home.
(c) Blow up a bar code records repository.
(d) Persuade the pilot to leave the area.
11. What e-mail does Kayla find in Zekeal's inbox?
(a) One from Nedra saying she is pregnant.
(b) One from a CIA agent offering Zekeal a job.
(c) One from Nedra saying where Zekeal can meet her in Nevada.
(d) One with congratulations from the Tattoo Gen organization.
12. Why does Amber ask Kayla to come to where she is staying?
(a) So Kayla can take Amber to the thrift shop.
(b) So Amber can say goodbye to Kayla.
(c) So Kayla can help Amber with an art project.
(d) So Amber can introduce Kayla to Amber's good-looking cousin who is visiting.
13. What is Nedra covered in when she arrives at the meeting?
(d) Paper strings.
14. Why does Zekeal apologize to Kayla?
(a) For not showing up on time for their date.
(b) For not believing Kayla about the tattoos.
(c) For scaring her.
(d) For being mean to her the week before.
15. What does Kayla suggest for her and Amber to do?
(a) Find a place to live together.
(b) Drive to Las Vegas.
(c) Find out if the thrift shop will hire Amber.
(d) Drive to Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gene's job?
2. How is the killing justified?
3. What neighbor of Kayla's is arrested?
4. What does Kayla decide to do for the rest of the day?
5. Why does Amber have to go with her parents?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)