|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
(a) They are necessary for crowd control.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are a great convenience.
(d) They are a means of helping people in distress.
2. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. When does Kayla have another vision?
(a) While cleaning blood stains in the bathroom.
(b) At her father's funeral.
(c) At her tattoo party.
(d) While sleeping.
4. How does Zekeal explain having what he is reading?
(a) He wants to understand the opposition.
(b) He thinks they should start destroying the bar code records.
(c) He got it for Kayla.
(d) He does not believe in violence.
5. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after seeing her at the location in question fifty-seven?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To his house.
(c) To her home.
(d) To a secret meeting.
6. What does Ashley say is the cause of Joseph's death?
(a) The bar code.
(b) A protest over the direction society is taking.
(c) Weak heart.
(d) A mixture of prescription drugs.
7. What does Amber say does not hurt?
(a) Taking some time off after graduation.
(b) Cultivating the right people's friendship.
(c) Researching options.
(d) The tattoo.
8. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
(a) At home.
(b) In a vision.
(c) At school.
(d) At the library.
9. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) Kayla's older brother.
(b) Gene Drake's former roommate.
(c) Kayla's grandfather.
(d) Amber and her parents.
10. In Chapter Five, what is special about the day when Kayla wakes one morning?
(a) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
(b) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
(c) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
(d) It is the end of the school year.
11. Who is Gene Drake?
(a) A next-door neighbor.
(b) Kayla's uncle.
(c) Kayla's mother's cousin.
(d) Another school chum of Kayla's.
12. How was the shooting justified by the killer(s)?
(a) The deceased reached towards the glove box of his car.
(b) The deceased deserved it.
(c) TThe deceased was pointing a gun at the killer(s).
(d) Drake reached into his pocket.
13. What does Ashley say is happening to the healthy babies at the hospital?
(a) They are being sent to training schools and their parents told they are dead.
(b) They are being genetically enhanced.
(c) They are being "adopted" by the State.
(d) They are being swapped to the best parents.
14. What does Kayla realize if she gets a tattoo?
(a) She will at least be able to function in society.
(b) Zekeal will love her.
(c) Her future is over.
(d) She will not have to run anymore.
15. Who is Amber Thorn?
(a) Kayla's cousin.
(b) Kayla's brother's girlfriend.
(c) Mfumbe's sister.
(d) Kayla's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if the hospital determines a child may have a future problem?
2. When are students supposed to receive their tattoo?
3. Where is Kayla Reed at the opening to the novel?
4. What has Amber done concerning Kayla?
5. Who is reported in the newspaper to have been killed ?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)