|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after seeing her at the location in question fifty-seven?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To a secret meeting.
(c) To her home.
(d) To his house.
2. Where are Kayla and Amber when Kayla has a vision?
(a) Shopping at the mall.
(b) Signing classmates' yearbooks.
(c) Standing in a line at the Global-1 office.
(d) Arguing with Amber's father.
3. Who is Amber Thorn?
(a) Kayla's best friend.
(b) Kayla's cousin.
(c) Kayla's brother's girlfriend.
(d) Mfumbe's sister.
4. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Throws her books.
(c) Calls her mother.
5. What did Kayla see next door on the night the person whose death was reported in the newspaper was killed?
(a) A search of the deceased's house.
(b) A party at the neighbor's house.
(c) A fight between a boy and his parents.
(d) A fight between a husband and wife.
6. Where does August suggest the group might meet up if they have to leave their homes?
(a) Cape May.
(b) Lake Placid.
7. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
(a) The providers could plan ahead financially if they knew the types of illnesses the people they insure might have.
(b) The providers could use genetic coding as a basis for denying insurance.
(c) The providers could use coding to determine fee schedules.
(d) She does not mention genetic coding in her talk.
8. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
(a) At the library.
(b) At home.
(c) At school.
(d) In a vision.
9. Who is Gene Drake?
(a) Kayla's uncle.
(b) A next-door neighbor.
(c) Another school chum of Kayla's.
(d) Kayla's mother's cousin.
10. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
(a) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
(b) It is the end of the school year.
(c) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
(d) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
11. What is Zekeal reading when Kayla gets to his apartment?
(a) A manual for Tattoo Gen.
(b) A manual on passive resistance.
(c) Her father's file.
(d) A manual on building Molotov cocktails.
12. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
(a) Depression about being passed over for promotion.
(b) Breathing poor air in the mines.
(c) Not having gone to a doctor in a number of years.
(d) Being drunk and falling in the water.
13. Where does Kayla find a job?
(a) An ice cream drive in.
(b) A re-cycle center.
(c) A thrift shop.
(d) An art supply shop.
14. What does Kayla discover when she gets to work?
(a) She's been fired.
(b) She has a new boss.
(c) The place is closed.
(d) They are having a big special event.
15. Amber argues in favor of ___________________.
(a) The tattoo.
(b) Mfumbe as a boyfriend.
(c) Having her grandparents convince her parents to sign the applications.
(d) Going to film school instead of a traditional college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other person does Kayla know who is in the same situation as the person living in the Motor Inn?
2. What has Amber done concerning Kayla?
3. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
4. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
5. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)