|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla realize will happen if she gets a tattoo?
(a) She will not have to run anymore.
(b) Zekeal will love her.
(c) Her future is over.
(d) She will at least be able to function in society.
2. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) Amber and her parents.
(b) Kayla's grandfather.
(c) Kayla's older brother.
(d) Gene Drake's former roommate.
3. What does Kayla want to buy for Amber's birthday?
(a) A sitting for a video.
(b) A new movie.
(c) A meal chip.
(d) A music chip.
4. Against what does Senator David Young speak?
(a) The public assistance proposal.
(b) The whole bar code system.
(c) Requiring children who attend public school to be bar coded.
(d) Requiring children under the age of eighteen to be bar coded.
5. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her art classes are not varied enough.
(b) Her classes were not advanced.
(c) Her parents have too much money.
(d) Her grades in computer class are too low.
6. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) Kayla's uncle.
(d) Amber's father.
7. Where do Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) The police station.
(b) The library.
(c) Global-1 offices.
(d) The mall.
8. What is proposed about persons seeking public assistance?
(a) They would have to have a bar code to receive assistance.
(b) They could not get assistance if they had enough money for a bar code.
(c) Their bar code would have to be read each time they came in for their check.
(d) They would be given a free tattoo and genetic check when on public assistance.
9. What is Gene's job?
(b) Tattoo artist.
(c) Maintenance worker.
(d) Window clerk.
10. What law does the government pass?
(a) No one can suffer discrimination as a result of refusing to be tattooed.
(b) Everyone must have a tattoo.
(c) Everyone must be genetically tested regardless of whether they have a bar code or not.
(d) Those who refuse to be tattooed may not work in any critical-service field.
11. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Hodgkin's disease.
12. What happens if the hospital determines a child may have a future problem?
(a) They send the child for rehabilitation.
(b) They actively or passively kill the child..
(c) They give the parents the option of letting their child die.
(d) They work to change the genes of the child.
13. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
(a) They are a great convenience.
(b) They are necessary for crowd control.
(c) They are a means of helping people in distress.
(d) They are evil.
14. What is one argument against the tattoo?
(a) It is potentially dangerous.
(b) It is unsightly.
(c) It is an infringement on privacy.
(d) It leads to the State having too much power.
15. Why are Amber's parents fighting when Kayla arrives at Amber's house?
(a) Amber's mother wants to take a vacation.
(b) They are fighting over where Amber will go to college.
(c) They have been denied a home loan.
(d) Amber's mother wants Amber to stop seeing Kayla and her father doesn't want that..
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
2. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
3. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
4. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
5. What is Zekeal's explanation for the email?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)