|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is at Kayla's house when she gets home?
(a) A crowd of people.
(d) A fire truck.
2. Who is Amber Thorn?
(a) Kayla's best friend.
(b) Mfumbe's sister.
(c) Kayla's brother's girlfriend.
(d) Kayla's cousin.
3. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
(a) To protest to the new law about tattoos.
(b) His wife is dying.
(c) He wants to form a new resistance movement.
(d) He is ill.
4. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
(a) They are evil.
(b) They are a great convenience.
(c) They are a means of helping people in distress.
(d) They are necessary for crowd control.
5. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
(a) In a crowd of people headed for a large city.
(b) In an art gallery in Paris.
(c) On top of a bare mountain near the coast.
(d) In the desert.
6. What else happens when someone gets the tattoo?
(a) A blood test.
(b) A full-body scan.
(c) An iris imprinting.
(d) A microchip is implanted.
7. What does Kayla suggest for her and Amber to do?
(a) Drive to Denver.
(b) Find a place to live together.
(c) Find out if the thrift shop will hire Amber.
(d) Drive to Las Vegas.
8. When are students supposed to receive their tattoo?
(a) On their 10th birthday.
(b) At their high school graduation.
(c) On their 21st birthday.
(d) On their 17th birthday.
9. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
(a) Hodgkin's disease.
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Mental illness.
10. According to Ashley, what happens to the newborns at the hospital where she works?
(a) They are receiving ID chips.
(b) They are being racially culled.
(c) They are being screened for AIDS.
(d) They are being swapped around without the parents knowing it.
11. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
(a) An application for a tattoo.
(b) An article on the advantages of tattoos.
(c) A sympathy card.
(d) An article on the evils of tattoos.
12. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
(a) Calls her mother.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Throws her books.
13. What does Kayla not want to reveal about being late to the meeting?
(a) She was trying to decide if she wanted to come to the meeting.
(b) She was interrogated by government agents.
(c) She was dealing with her brother who had used cocaine.
(d) She was dealing with her drunken mother.
14. Where does August suggest the group might meet up if they have to leave their homes?
(b) Lake Placid.
(c) Cape May.
15. What does Kayla's counselor say is a matter of convenience?
(a) Walking to his job.
(b) Living at the bachelor quarters at the school.
(c) Doing all his shopping at the State store.
(d) The bar code tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of Amber's father's defective tattoo?
2. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
3. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
4. What do Amber and Kayla hear as they are running away from the post office?
5. From what illness did Kayla's paternal grandmother suffer?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)