|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Amber's parents fighting when Kayla arrives at Amber's house?
(a) Amber's mother wants to take a vacation.
(b) They have been denied a home loan.
(c) They are fighting over where Amber will go to college.
(d) Amber's mother wants Amber to stop seeing Kayla and her father doesn't want that..
2. What is Kayla's mother looking at on the computer?
(a) Pictures of Kayla's father as a boy.
(b) A database file on her father.
(c) A list of illegal activities being carried out by the government.
(d) A list of agents who will help people re-locate out of the country.
3. Who or what is at Kayla's house when she gets home?
(b) A crowd of people.
(d) A fire truck.
4. How is the killing justified?
(a) The deceased reached towards the glove box of his car.
(b) The deceased deserved it.
(c) Drake reached into his pocket.
(d) The deceased was pointing a gun at the killer(s).
5. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) At school.
(d) At tennis practice.
6. Why is a particular character in the story residing at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) The person is evading the law.
(b) The person manages the motel.
(c) The person is unemployed.
(d) The person has been evicted from their home.
7. According to Amber, what does not hurt?
(a) Taking some time off after graduation.
(b) Cultivating the right people's friendship.
(c) Researching options.
(d) The tattoo.
8. Why does Amber ask Kayla to come to where she is staying?
(a) So Kayla can help Amber with an art project.
(b) So Kayla can take Amber to the thrift shop.
(c) So Amber can introduce Kayla to Amber's good-looking cousin who is visiting.
(d) So Amber can say goodbye to Kayla.
9. What else happens when someone gets the tattoo?
(a) A blood test.
(b) A full-body scan.
(c) An iris imprinting.
(d) A microchip is implanted.
10. Who is Gene Drake?
(a) A next-door neighbor.
(b) Kayla's mother's cousin.
(c) Kayla's uncle.
(d) Another school chum of Kayla's.
11. What is Gene's job?
(a) Window clerk.
(b) Tattoo artist.
(d) Maintenance worker.
12. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(c) Amber's father.
(d) Kayla's uncle.
13. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Calls her mother.
(d) Throws her books.
14. What school does Kayla want to attend?
(a) Architect school.
(b) Art school.
(c) Pharmacy school.
(d) Film school.
15. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her art classes are not varied enough.
(b) Her parents have too much money.
(c) Her grades in computer class are too low.
(d) Her classes were not advanced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla's counselor say is a matter of convenience?
2. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
3. According to Ashley, what is happening to the healthy babies at the hospital?
4. What does Kayla suggest for her and Amber to do?
5. What does Kayla refrain from doing when Mfumbe asks her something?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)