|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
(b) The opponents are anarchist hippes.
(c) The opponents are uninformed.
(d) The opponents are just young rebels.
2. What does Kayla find when she returns to the kitchen after throwing up?
(a) Her mother has slit her wrists.
(b) Her mother is on fire.
(c) Her brother is choking their mother.
(d) Her mother is being handcuffed.
3. What is Zekeal reading when Kayla gets to his apartment?
(a) Her father's file.
(b) A manual for Tattoo Gen.
(c) A manual on building molotov cocktails.
(d) A manual on passive resistance.
4. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
(a) An article on the advantages of tattoos.
(b) An article on the evils of tattoos.
(c) A sympathy card.
(d) An application for a tattoo.
5. What does Allyson say about genetic coding and health care providers?
(a) She does not mention genetic coding in her talk.
(b) The providers could plan ahead financially if they knew the types of illness their insurees might have.
(c) The providers could use coding to determine fee schedules.
(d) The providers could use genetic coding as a basis for denying insurance.
6. In addition to the actual tattoo, what else happens when someone gets the tattoo?
(a) A tracker chip is put in place.
(b) An iris imprinting.
(c) A blood test.
(d) A full-body scan.
7. Who else does Kayla know who is in the same situation as described in the answer to question forty-nine?
(a) Kayla's boyfriend's father.
(b) Amber's older brother.
(c) Kayla's father.
(d) Kayla's mother.
8. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Calls her mother.
(d) Throws her books down.
9. Why does Amber have to go with her parents?
(a) She has to watch her younger siblings while they look for jobs.
(b) They have to use her barcode for expenses.
(c) She is still a minor.
(d) Her mother is very ill.
10. For whose death does Zekeal offer condolences to Kayla?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her grandfather.
(d) Her grandmother.
11. Where does August suggest the group might meet up if they have to leave their homes?
(a) Lake Placid.
(d) Cape May.
12. What do Amber and Kayla hear as they are running away from the post office?
(b) An helicopter.
13. Who is reported in the newspaper to have been killed ?
(a) Gene Drake.
(b) The President.
(c) One of Kayla's classmates.
(d) Amber's father.
14. What does Ashley say is the cause of Joseph's death?
(a) A protest over the direction society is taking.
(b) The bar code.
(c) Weak heart.
(d) A mixture of prescription drugs.
15. What is Kayla's mother looking at on the computer?
(a) A list of illegal activies being carried out by the government.
(b) Pictures of Kayla's father as a boy.
(c) A database file on her father.
(d) A list of agents who will help people re-locate out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school does Kayla want to attend?
2. How does Zekeal explain having what he is reading?
3. How was the shooting justified by the killer(s)?
4. What does Ashley say about newborns at the hospital where she works?
5. What does Zekeal tell Kayla about Nedra when Kayla meets him outside of the warehouse?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)