|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
(a) They are necessary for crowd control.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are a means of helping people in distress.
(d) They are a great convenience.
2. What happens just when Kayla is about to accept being tattooed?
(a) There is a loud crashing noise.
(b) Zekeal arrives.
(c) The patient in the bed next to her dies.
(d) She has a vision.
3. How does Zekeal explain his choice of reading material to Kayla?
(a) He thinks they should start destroying the bar code records.
(b) He wants to understand the opposition.
(c) He does not believe in violence.
(d) He got it for Kayla.
4. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
(b) The opponents are just young rebels.
(c) The opponents are anarchist hippies.
(d) The opponents are uninformed.
5. What does Amber have that Kayla does not?
(a) A supportive family.
(b) Lots of money.
(c) Gorgeous looks.
(d) A bar code tattoo.
6. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
(a) In an art gallery in Paris.
(b) On top of a bare mountain near the coast.
(c) In a crowd of people headed for a large city.
(d) In the desert.
7. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
(a) At school.
(b) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) At tennis practice.
8. How does Kayla's father supposedly die?
(a) Accidental drowning.
(c) Heart attack.
9. According to Ashley, what is happening to the healthy babies at the hospital?
(a) They are being "adopted" by the State.
(b) They are being genetically enhanced.
(c) They are being swapped to the best parents.
(d) They are being sent to training schools and their parents told they are dead.
10. Who works at the place where Amber and Kayla agree to meet?
(a) Kayla's uncle.
(c) Amber's father.
11. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) Kayla's grandfather.
(b) Kayla's older brother.
(c) Gene Drake's former roommate.
(d) Amber and her parents.
12. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
(a) He wants to form a new resistance movement.
(b) He is ill.
(c) His wife is dying.
(d) To protest to the new law about tattoos.
13. Why does Kayla decide not to have the tattoo?
(a) Her boyfriend convinced her to wait.
(b) She is angry with Amber.
(c) Because of her vision.
(d) She's afraid of infection.
14. What neighbor of Kayla's is arrested?
(a) A young, foreign student.
(b) The deceased's roommate.
(c) No one.
(d) An elderly man who had been on the lam for years.
15. What is Kayla's mother looking at on the computer?
(a) A list of illegal activities being carried out by the government.
(b) A database file on her father.
(c) Pictures of Kayla's father as a boy.
(d) A list of agents who will help people re-locate out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zekeal take Kayla after seeing her at the location in question fifty-seven?
2. Whose killing is reported by the newspaper?
3. How is the killing justified?
4. Why does Amber ask Kayla to come to where she is staying?
5. How does Zekeal help Kayla when he arrives at her house?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)