|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
(a) Calls her mother.
(b) Throws her books down.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
2. What do Young's opponents say about those who are opposed to bar code tattoos?
(a) The opponents are uninformed.
(b) The opponents are anarchist hippes.
(c) The opponents are just young rebels.
(d) The opponents are people who would not benefit from the tattoo system.
3. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
(a) An application for a tattoo.
(b) A sympathy card.
(c) An article on the advantages of tattoos.
(d) An article on the evils of tattoos.
4. What is the consequence of Amber's father's defective tattoo?
(a) He is rejected for a home loan.
(b) He is arrested for fraud.
(c) He is arrested for tampering with the tattoo.
(d) He is asked to have the tattoo redone.
5. Why is the person(s) living at the Motor Inn?
(a) The person(s) had a fight with their parents.
(b) The person(s) is/are unemployed
(c) The person(s) is/are the manager(s) of the Motor Inn.
(d) The person(s) have been kicked out of their home.
6. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
(a) Mental illness.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Hodgkin's disease.
7. What does Kayla suggest she and Amber do?
(a) Find out if the thrift shop will hire Amber.
(b) Find a place to live together.
(c) Drive to Las Vegas.
(d) Drive to Denver.
8. What is Zekeal reading when Kayla gets to his apartment?
(a) A manual on passive resistance.
(b) A manual for Tattoo Gen.
(c) A manual on building molotov cocktails.
(d) Her father's file.
9. What law does the government pass?
(a) Those who refuse to be tattooed may not work in any critical-service field.
(b) Everyone must be genetically tested regardless of whether they have a bar code or not.
(c) No one can suffer discrimination as a result of refusing to be tattooed.
(d) Everyone must have a tattoo.
10. What does Ashley tell Kayla to do?
(a) Don't get the tattoo.
(b) Join the youth rebellion.
(c) Get the tattoo.
(d) Think very hard before getting the tattoo.
11. Who is living at the Route Nine Motor Inn?
(a) Amber and her parents.
(b) Gene Drake's former roommate.
(c) Kayla's grandfather.
(d) Kayla's older brother.
12. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
(a) Depression about being passed over for promotion.
(b) Being drunk and falling in the water.
(c) Not having gone to a doctor in a number of years.
(d) Breathing poor air in the mines.
13. Where is Kayla when a plane flies overhead and drops bombs?
(a) At school.
(b) At the library.
(c) In a vision.
(d) At home.
14. What does Kayla do in the vision she has a Zekeal's place?
(a) Persuade people to remove their tattoos.
(b) Blow up a bar code records repository.
(c) Persuade the pilot to leave the area.
(d) Blow up the President's home.
15. Who is reported in the newspaper to have been killed ?
(a) The President.
(b) Amber's father.
(c) Gene Drake.
(d) One of Kayla's classmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla search for in the warehouse district?
2. What does Kayla want to do but does not when Mfumbe asks her something?
3. What happens if the hospital determines a child may have a future problem?
4. What does Ashley say about newborns at the hospital where she works?
5. Where are Kayla and Amber when Kayla has a vision?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)