|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else happens when someone gets the tattoo?
(a) A full-body scan.
(b) An iris imprinting.
(c) A microchip is implanted.
(d) A blood test.
2. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
(a) It is the end of the school year.
(b) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
(c) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
(d) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
3. Why does Amber have to go with her parents?
(a) She is still a minor.
(b) She has to watch her younger siblings while they look for jobs.
(c) They have to use her barcode for expenses.
(d) Her mother is very ill.
4. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her classes were not advanced.
(b) Her grades in computer class are too low.
(c) Her parents have too much money.
(d) Her art classes are not varied enough.
5. Amber argues in favor of ___________________.
(a) Mfumbe as a boyfriend.
(b) The tattoo.
(c) Going to film school instead of a traditional college.
(d) Having her grandparents convince her parents to sign the applications.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of Amber's father's defective tattoo?
2. Where does Kayla find a job?
3. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
4. In what year does Kayla's father die?
5. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)