|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
2. What does Mr. Brook find unusual about Madame Zilensky's home a few weeks after her arrival?
3. Who is Ferris' ex-wife's new husband?
4. What does Bitsy realize is coming to an end?
5. Why has Ferris visited the state in #129?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Cousin Lymon. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the stories. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall settings for the stories. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the stories? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)