Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Ferris visited the state in #129?
2. In what city does Ferris' ex-wife live?
3. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
4. Who is Ferris' ex-wife's new husband?
5. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
Essay Topic 1
Prejudice and discrimination against people unlike you is a common thread in McCullers' stories. Cite two examples in this book and explain what you think McCullers was trying to say in each.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Carson McCullers is famous for her use of shocking situations for her characters. Select three situations from any of the stories and explain why they fit into this classification.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)