|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily get drunk?
2. Mr. Brook skipped out on a faculty trip to __________.
3. What department does Mr. Brook head up at the college?
4. What behavior does Emily exhibit when she is drunk?
5. What topic of conversation creates anxiety in Andy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Amelia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks to create "Ballad of the Sad Cafe." Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in "Ballad of the Sad Cafe". Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)