|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Brook skipped out on a faculty trip to __________.
2. What happened to Bitsy's good friend six months ago?
3. What is Madame Zilensky's character flaw?
4. How old is Ferris on this birthday?
5. From whom is Andy expecting a visit?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the THE BALLAD OF THE SAD CAFE? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall settings for the stories. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the stories? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)