|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ferris call from his hotel room?
2. What are Martin's children doing when he arrives home?
3. What department does Mr. Brook head up at the college?
4. How does Martin feel about Emily by the time he goes to bed?
5. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Carson McCullers is famous for her use of shocking situations for her characters. Select three situations from any of the stories and explain why they fit into this classification.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Marvin Macy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)