|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a person sitting in the location in #92?
2. What happened to Bitsy's good friend six months ago?
3. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
4. How is Bitsy dressed in the story?
5. How does Martin feel about Emily by the time he goes to bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select three characters from any of the stories and project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Marvin Macy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall settings for the stories. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the stories? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)