|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Madame Zilensky's children?
2. By what name was Ferris' father known?
3. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
4. What had Martin's wife sprinkled on toast instead of cinnamon?
5. What has Bitsy just done prior to encountering the three men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks to create "Ballad of the Sad Cafe." Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Amelia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Carson McCullers is famous for her use of shocking situations for her characters. Select three situations from any of the stories and explain why they fit into this classification.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)