|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Zilensky refer to the father of one of her children?
2. What is Madame Zilensky's claim to fame?
3. How old is Ferris on this birthday?
4. Mr. Brook skipped out on a faculty trip to __________.
5. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Ballad of the Sad Cafe" is a classic story of love and betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall settings for the stories. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the stories? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Select three stories from this collection and explain the significance of their titles. What did the author mean by naming the stories like she did? Cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)