|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual item does Bitsy place in his mouth at the table?
2. How does Martin feel about Emily by the time he goes to bed?
3. What is a symbol for the passage of time in Ferris' life?
4. What book does Ferris review and ponder?
5. Which of the following is NOT a person sitting in the location in #92?
Essay Topic 1
"Ballad of the Sad Cafe" is a classic story of love and betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Select three characters from any of the stories and project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)