|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rich man dip into his water glass?
2. What does Mr. Brook do about Madame Zilensky's lies?
3. What is Madame Zilensky's character flaw?
4. How many children does Ferris' fiance have?
5. What had Martin's wife sprinkled on toast instead of cinnamon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Marvin Macy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates her, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the story. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Disappointment takes on an almost human persona in these stories. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)