Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Ferris visited the state in #129?
2. In what city does Ferris' ex-wife live?
3. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
4. Who is Ferris' ex-wife's new husband?
5. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall settings for the stories. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the stories? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the stories. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)