|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What department does Mr. Brook head up at the college?
2. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
3. What is Martin's wife's condition when he confronts her?
4. In what state did Martin and Emily live before moving to the big city?
5. Which of the following is NOT a person sitting in the location in #92?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carson McCullers is famous for her use of shocking situations for her characters. Select three situations from any of the stories and explain why they fit into this classification.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Cousin Lymon. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him, if anything, at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the story. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the story?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)