|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Bitsy not partake in the sumptuous meal?
(a) He has another obligation.
(b) He has already had dinner.
(c) He was not invited.
(d) He must stay very thin.
2. What is Madame Zilensky's claim to fame?
(b) Portrait painter.
(d) Music composer.
3. What does Emily think Martin is doing with the children?
(a) Teaching them how to cheat at cards.
(b) Letting them stay up too late.
(c) Feeding them fast food.
(d) Telling lies about her.
4. How is Bitsy dressed in the story?
(a) In uniform.
5. What is a symbol for the passage of time in Ferris' life?
(a) His appointment book.
(b) His divorce.
(c) His father's funeral.
(d) His birthday cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
2. What are Martin's children doing when he arrives home?
3. What is the central theme in this story?
4. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
5. As the story opens, John Ferris is in a hotel room in what city?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)