|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a wunderkind?
(a) Child genius.
(b) Cartoon character.
(c) German priest.
(d) Opera singer.
2. To whom does Lymon seem attracted now?
3. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
(a) Slams the door in his face.
(b) Trips him on the stairs.
(c) Has him beaten up in the alley.
(d) Poisons his coffee.
4. What is the weather as the story opens?
(a) Very hot.
5. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
2. Why does Lymon say he is mesmerized by Marvin?
3. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
4. Both Frances and the student in #78 have been dubbed ________________.
5. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amelia react when Marvin moves into the house?
2. How does John connect with his ex-wife, Elizabeth, while in New York?
3. What does Martin Meadows find when he arrives at his home early one Friday afternoon?
4. How do Amelia and Marvin prepare for their big fight?
5. What is the main theme in this story?
6. What does John's address book symbolize?
7. What does the author reveal about Miss Amelia's character and personality?
8. Compare and contrast John's life now with the new life Elizabeth has created.
9. How have Lymon's feelings for Marvin altered the love triangle of Amelia, Marvin, and Lymon?
10. Explain the role of misfits in McCullers' work and how Cousin Lymon and Amelia both fall into that category.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)