|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boxing match between Amelia and Marvin transitions into __________________.
(a) a murder.
(b) a free-for-all.
(c) a brawl.
(d) a wrestling match.
2. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
3. What does Frances do when Mr. Bilderbach wants her to play?
(a) She breaks down and cries.
(b) She says she needs a break.
(c) She leaves the house with no warning.
(d) She plays brilliantly.
4. Who is Mister Lafkowitz?
(d) Piano teacher.
5. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
(a) Delicate and frail.
(b) Strong and mannish.
(c) Petite and tentative.
(d) Tall and gawky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
2. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
3. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
4. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
5. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Frances share the title of "wunderkind" and why does she think she cannot live up to the name?
2. What is the nature of the cafe in the four years since Cousin Lymon arrived?
3. Why has Frances begun to dread her piano lessons even though she is technically very competent?
4. Why is John Ferris is a New York hotel and what seems to consume his thoughts?
5. What is Leo's role in the story?
6. What is happening to Frances which Mister Bilderbach is completely unaware of?
7. What does Martin Meadows find when he arrives at his home early one Friday afternoon?
8. What happens when a young boy enters a diner one night?
9. How do the townspeople know that Amelia is in love with Cousin Lymon?
10. Why does Mr. Brook rationalize that Madame Zilensky has created a world of lies?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)