|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
2. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
3. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
(c) keys to everything.
(d) safe deposit box.
4. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
5. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) The end of Prohibition.
(b) The opening of her cafe.
(c) Her engagement party.
(d) Her housewarming party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
2. How old is Frances?
3. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
4. What did critics say about Frances' performance of the piece in #83?
5. What does Lymon give Marvin permission to do one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Martin to feel love and not anger for Emily?
2. What becomes of Amelia after Cousin Lymon and Marvin wreck her cafe and then leave town?
3. What is the setting of the story and who are the characters introduced?
4. What do the men think about Bitsy especially in light of the accident suffered by his good friend?
5. What happens to Marvin after Amelia kicks him out of the house?
6. Why has Frances begun to dread her piano lessons even though she is technically very competent?
7. Does Frances know why her piano playing has become lifeless?
8. What is the main theme in this story?
9. How does the relationship between Amelia and Lymon compare to the one between Amelia and Marvin?
10. Why does Mr. Brook rationalize that Madame Zilensky has created a world of lies?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)