|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both Frances and the student in #78 have been dubbed ________________.
(b) poor learners.
(c) child geniuses.
2. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 weeks.
3. What magazine does Mister Lafkowitz point out to Frances?
(b) Ladies Home Journal.
(d) Musical Courier.
4. How old is Frances?
5. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
(b) Pacific Northwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marvin rub on his body prior to the big fight?
2. What business does Amelia run from her house?
3. What eventually happens to Amelia's cafe?
4. Amelia and Cousin Lymon are both ____________.
5. How old is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bitsy's advancing years and his friend's accident force him to face the reality of his life?
2. Why do the men in town get riled up on the day after Cousin Lymon's arrival and what are their plans?
3. What is the nature of the cafe in the four years since Cousin Lymon arrived?
4. How have Lymon's feelings for Marvin altered the love triangle of Amelia, Marvin, and Lymon?
5. How do the wealthy men react to the news that the young injured jockey will never ride again?
6. How does Amelia try to get rid of Marvin?
7. What do the men think about Bitsy especially in light of the accident suffered by his good friend?
8. Why could Martin's children not eat the meal their mother had prepared for them earlier?
9. What does Martin reason is the cause of Emily's alcoholism?
10. What is the setting of the story and who are the characters introduced?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)