|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
(a) He is "the life of the party".
(b) He is an ex-priest.
(c) He is a traveling salesman.
(d) He is a convicted felon.
2. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
(a) He is a distant relative.
(b) He is looking for a job.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He wants to write an article about her.
3. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
4. What magazine does Mister Lafkowitz point out to Frances?
(c) Musical Courier.
(d) Ladies Home Journal.
5. Where does Marvin serve time for committing crimes?
(a) Atlanta penitentiary.
(b) Leavenworth prison.
(c) Sing Sing prison.
(d) Alcatraz prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
2. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
3. Why does Lymon say he is mesmerized by Marvin?
4. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
5. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the one-sided relationship between Amelia and Cousin Lymon?
2. How does the end of Marvin and Amelia's marriage foreshadow what will happen to Amelia and Cousin Lymon?
3. What do the men think about Bitsy especially in light of the accident suffered by his good friend?
4. Why is John Ferris is a New York hotel and what seems to consume his thoughts?
5. What causes Martin to feel love and not anger for Emily?
6. How do Amelia and Marvin prepare for their big fight?
7. Who is Mr. Brook and what feat has he just managed to pull off for his college?
8. What stage is the old man in in his system of learning to love?
9. Compare and contrast John's life now with the new life Elizabeth has created.
10. How does the relationship between Amelia and Lymon compare to the one between Amelia and Marvin?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)