|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marvin do to Lymon to get him to be quiet?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Tells him to sshhhhh.
(c) Bashes him on the head.
(d) Slaps him.
2. Who is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
3. Who is Mister Bilderbach?
(d) Piano teacher.
4. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
5. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is entranced by Marvin?
2. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
3. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
4. How old is Frances?
5. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lymon try to ingratiate himself to Marvin?
2. How do Bitsy's advancing years and his friend's accident force him to face the reality of his life?
3. What does Lymon admit to Amelia is his attraction to Marvin?
4. What does Martin Meadows find when he arrives at his home early one Friday afternoon?
5. Compare and contrast John's life now with the new life Elizabeth has created.
6. What is the nature of the altercation between Martin and his wife, Emily?
7. What does John's address book symbolize?
8. How does Amelia react when Marvin moves into the house?
9. What do the men think about Bitsy especially in light of the accident suffered by his good friend?
10. Who is Mr. Brook and what feat has he just managed to pull off for his college?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)