|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A place for socialization.
(b) A good meal.
(c) A sense of worth.
(d) A place to play cards.
2. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 10 years.
3. What will the man in #12 be called?
(a) Mr. Andrews.
(c) Cousin Lymon.
(d) Sir Morton.
4. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
5. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Marvin Macy.
(b) Mack Todd.
(c) Ed Feverfew.
(d) Joe Ernest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
2. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
3. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
4. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
5. Who is Mister Lafkowitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Brook and what feat has he just managed to pull off for his college?
2. What literary technique does McCullers use in telling this story and what tone does she set in accomplishing it?
3. Why could Martin's children not eat the meal their mother had prepared for them earlier?
4. What is Mr. Brook's first clue that Madame Zilensky may have mental issues?
5. With whom does Frances share the title of "wunderkind" and why does she think she cannot live up to the name?
6. What do the men think about Bitsy especially in light of the accident suffered by his good friend?
7. What does the old man tell the boy about the woman he had been married to?
8. What unusual event occurs on Marvin and Amelia's wedding night and how does Marvin try to salvage the situation?
9. What becomes of Amelia after Cousin Lymon and Marvin wreck her cafe and then leave town?
10. What does Mister Bilderbach try to get Frances to play in her lesson to get her enthused again?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)