|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the fight between Amelia and Marvin occur?
2. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
3. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
4. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
5. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
(a) Amelia has murdered him.
(b) He is a very late sleeper.
(c) He went to work.
(d) He skipped town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
2. Amelia and Cousin Lymon are both ____________.
3. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
4. What is happening to Frances that Mr. Bilderbach is unaware of?
5. What is a wunderkind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martin Meadows find when he arrives at his home early one Friday afternoon?
2. How does John connect with his ex-wife, Elizabeth, while in New York?
3. What is the main theme in this story?
4. What is Leo's role in the story?
5. What are some of the strange situations that Mr. Brook finds at Madame Zilensky's house?
6. How does Lymon try to ingratiate himself to Marvin?
7. Why does Mr. Brook rationalize that Madame Zilensky has created a world of lies?
8. Why is John Ferris is a New York hotel and what seems to consume his thoughts?
9. What does Mister Bilderbach try to get Frances to play in her lesson to get her enthused again?
10. How does Cousin Lymon ultimately betray Amelia?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)