|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) The opening of her cafe.
(b) Her engagement party.
(c) Her housewarming party.
(d) The end of Prohibition.
2. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
3. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
(a) In renovation.
(b) Ready to collapse.
(c) Torn down.
(d) Brand new.
4. The boxing match between Amelia and Marvin transitions into __________________.
(a) a brawl.
(b) a free-for-all.
(c) a murder.
(d) a wrestling match.
5. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
2. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
3. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
4. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
5. Who is Mister Lafkowitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amelia react when Marvin moves into the house?
2. What is the main theme in this story?
3. What is Leo's role in the story?
4. Compare and contrast John's life now with the new life Elizabeth has created.
5. What causes Martin to feel love and not anger for Emily?
6. What is happening to Frances which Mister Bilderbach is completely unaware of?
7. What literary technique does McCullers use in telling this story and what tone does she set in accomplishing it?
8. What does John's address book symbolize?
9. What does Martin Meadows find when he arrives at his home early one Friday afternoon?
10. Why do the men in town get riled up on the day after Cousin Lymon's arrival and what are their plans?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)