|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) A half hour.
2. What does Lymon give Marvin permission to do one day?
(a) Re-marry Amelia.
(b) Run the cafe.
(c) Drive his car.
(d) Move into the house.
3. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
4. How old is Frances?
5. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
(a) A jukebox.
(b) An espresso machine.
(c) A mechanical piano.
(d) A big screen TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day do Amelia and Marvin have a big fight?
2. What eventually happens to the town?
3. What is a wunderkind?
4. Who wrecks Amelia's cafe?
5. Who accidentally gets the plate of poisoned food when Amelia tries to poison Marvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lymon admit to Amelia is his attraction to Marvin?
2. Does Frances know why her piano playing has become lifeless?
3. What are some of the strange situations that Mr. Brook finds at Madame Zilensky's house?
4. What is the dilemma the author writes about in the title of the story?
5. How do the townspeople know that Amelia is in love with Cousin Lymon?
6. How does Mr. Brook finally confront Madame Zilensky and how does he ultimately handle the situation with her?
7. What details does McCullers provide which would serve to especially infuriate Bitsy about the men?
8. What happens when a young boy enters a diner one night?
9. How do Bitsy's advancing years and his friend's accident force him to face the reality of his life?
10. How does the end of Marvin and Amelia's marriage foreshadow what will happen to Amelia and Cousin Lymon?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)