|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for this story?
(a) A dining room.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A church.
(d) A train car.
2. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
3. What food does Bitsy chew and then spit out on the carpet?
4. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
(a) They never wear shoes.
(b) They always walk in single-file.
(c) They never speak.
(d) They eat with their eyes closed.
5. By what name was Ferris' father known?
(a) Papa Ferris.
(c) Mr. Ferris.
(d) Big Daddy.
6. Why does Emily get drunk?
(a) She has inherited the disease.
(b) To escape reality.
(c) She is an alcoholic.
(d) She is angry.
7. How many children does Madame Zilensky have?
8. Where is John Ferris' current home?
9. With what college is Mr. Brook associated?
(a) Ryder College.
10. What has Bitsy just done prior to encountering the three men?
(a) Visited his mother.
(b) Gone to a funeral.
(c) Ridden a horse in a race.
(d) Flown in from Los Angeles.
11. Who does Ferris call from his hotel room?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
12. What does Mr. Brook do about Madame Zilensky's lies?
(a) Fires her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Confronts her.
13. What is Bitsy Barlow's profession?
14. From whom is Andy expecting a visit?
(a) Santa Claus.
(b) The Easter Bunny.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) The tooth fairy.
15. What does the rich man dip into his water glass?
(a) His tie.
(b) His napkin.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His fork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Emily do to Marianne one night when Emily was drunk?
2. Who is Martin's wife?
3. How does the author characterize Mr. Brook?
4. What does Bitsy realize is coming to an end?
5. What does Bitsy call the men before stomping away?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)