|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Madame Zilensky have?
2. What did Emily do to Marianne one night when Emily was drunk?
(a) Scalded her in the bath.
(b) Forgot to pick her up from the sitter.
(c) Dropped her on her head.
(d) Locked her out of the house.
3. What food does Bitsy chew and then spit out on the carpet?
4. How does the author characterize Mr. Brook?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A pastel person.
(c) A taskmaster.
(d) A has-been.
5. How many children does Ferris' fiance have?
6. Which of the following is NOT a person sitting in the location in #92?
(a) A horse trainer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A bookie.
(d) A rich investor.
7. What department does Mr. Brook head up at the college?
8. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He is gaining weight.
(c) He is very pale.
(d) He has lost weight.
9. As the story opens, John Ferris is in a hotel room in what city?
(c) New York City.
10. What has Bitsy just done prior to encountering the three men?
(a) Ridden a horse in a race.
(b) Gone to a funeral.
(c) Flown in from Los Angeles.
(d) Visited his mother.
11. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
(a) One leg is shorter than the other.
(b) He has entered a different career.
(c) He broke his pelvis.
(d) He has retired.
12. In what city does Ferris' ex-wife live?
(a) New York.
13. Who is Martin's wife?
14. Why can Bitsy not partake in the sumptuous meal?
(a) He has already had dinner.
(b) He was not invited.
(c) He must stay very thin.
(d) He has another obligation.
15. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
(a) She will generate revenue for the school.
(b) She is a pathological liar.
(c) She is a murderess.
(d) She is insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
2. What is the only item Madame Zilensky bemoan not having when their luggage is lost?
3. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
4. How does Madame Zilensky refer to the father of one of her children?
5. What is unusual about Madame Zilensky mentioning the King of Finland?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)