|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
(c) New Jersey.
2. As the story opens, John Ferris is in a hotel room in what city?
(a) New York City.
3. What is Bitsy Barlow's profession?
4. Which of the following is NOT a person sitting in the location in #92?
(a) A bookie.
(b) A priest.
(c) A rich investor.
(d) A horse trainer.
5. Who is Martin's wife?
6. Who is Ferris' fiance?
7. What does Mr. Brook ultimately do with Madame Zilensky?
(a) Terminates her.
(b) Indulges her fantasy world.
(c) Promotes her.
(d) Publicizes her work.
8. Who is Martin's daughter?
9. Who is the father of Madame Zilensky's children?
(a) The King of Finland.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) Her estranged husband.
(d) Three different men.
10. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He is very pale.
(c) He has lost weight.
(d) He is gaining weight.
11. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
(a) She will generate revenue for the school.
(b) She is a pathological liar.
(c) She is insane.
(d) She is a murderess.
12. How many children does Ferris' fiance have?
13. What behavior does Emily exhibit when she is drunk?
(a) Obsequious nature.
(b) Combative nature.
(c) An English accent.
(d) Slurred speech.
14. What is the only item Madame Zilensky bemoan not having when their luggage is lost?
(a) A metronome.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A hat box.
(d) A makeup case.
15. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Madame Zilensky's home life be characterized?
2. What department does Mr. Brook head up at the college?
3. What does Bitsy call the men before stomping away?
4. What did Emily do to Marianne one night when Emily was drunk?
5. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)