|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Bitsy's good friend six months ago?
(a) He died from cancer.
(b) He got divorced.
(c) His legs were trampled by a horse.
(d) He was in a car accident.
2. Where is John Ferris' current home?
3. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
(a) They eat with their eyes closed.
(b) They never wear shoes.
(c) They never speak.
(d) They always walk in single-file.
4. What has Bitsy just done prior to encountering the three men?
(a) Visited his mother.
(b) Flown in from Los Angeles.
(c) Gone to a funeral.
(d) Ridden a horse in a race.
5. How does the author characterize Mr. Brook?
(a) A has-been.
(b) A pastel person.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A taskmaster.
6. Who is the father of Madame Zilensky's children?
(a) The King of Finland.
(b) Three different men.
(c) A Frenchman.
(d) Her estranged husband.
7. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
(a) He has retired.
(b) One leg is shorter than the other.
(c) He broke his pelvis.
(d) He has entered a different career.
8. In what city does Ferris' ex-wife live?
(a) New York.
9. Who is Martin's daughter?
10. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
(a) She is a murderess.
(b) She will generate revenue for the school.
(c) She is a pathological liar.
(d) She is insane.
11. What dominates Madame Zilensky's life?
12. What department does Mr. Brook head up at the college?
13. Why does Martin Meadows leave his office early one Friday?
(a) To go to a doctor's appointment.
(b) To spend time with his family.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To pick up a client at the airport.
14. What book does Ferris review and ponder?
(c) Address book.
15. Mr. Brook skipped out on a faculty trip to __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name was Ferris' father known?
2. What is Madame Zilensky's claim to fame?
3. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
4. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
5. What did Emily do to Marianne one night when Emily was drunk?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)