|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Martin's son?
2. Who is Ferris' fiance?
3. What is Bitsy Barlow's profession?
4. What makes Bitsy exceptionally upset lately?
(a) He is going through a divorce.
(b) He had some bad investment tips.
(c) He has had migraines.
(d) He is gaining weight.
5. What does Mr. Brook do about Madame Zilensky's lies?
(a) Fires her.
(b) Ignores her.
(d) Confronts her.
6. What is a libertine?
(a) A Democrat.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A person without morals.
7. Where is John Ferris' current home?
8. What book does Ferris review and ponder?
(d) Address book.
9. As the story opens, John Ferris is in a hotel room in what city?
(c) New York City.
10. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He is gaining weight.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He is very pale.
(d) He has lost weight.
11. What does Emily think Martin is doing with the children?
(a) Letting them stay up too late.
(b) Telling lies about her.
(c) Teaching them how to cheat at cards.
(d) Feeding them fast food.
12. What is Madame Zilensky's character flaw?
13. Who does Ferris call from his hotel room?
(a) His father.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
14. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
(a) A bar.
(b) A museum.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Her apartment.
15. What behavior does Emily exhibit when she is drunk?
(a) Combative nature.
(b) Obsequious nature.
(c) Slurred speech.
(d) An English accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Martin's children doing when he arrives home?
2. What is a symbol for the passage of time in Ferris' life?
3. How does Martin feel about Emily by the time he goes to bed?
4. Why has Ferris visited the state in #129?
5. What unusual item does Bitsy place in his mouth at the table?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)