|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is Andy expecting a visit?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) The Easter Bunny.
(c) The tooth fairy.
(d) Santa Claus.
2. What is unusual about Madame Zilensky mentioning the King of Finland?
(a) Finland does not have a king.
(b) The king is dead.
(c) The king is a young boy.
(d) The king is in exile.
3. What is the setting for this story?
(a) A church.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A train car.
(d) A dining room.
4. Why does Emily get drunk?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She has inherited the disease.
(d) To escape reality.
5. What behavior does Emily exhibit when she is drunk?
(a) Slurred speech.
(b) Combative nature.
(c) An English accent.
(d) Obsequious nature.
6. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
(a) He has retired.
(b) He broke his pelvis.
(c) One leg is shorter than the other.
(d) He has entered a different career.
7. What does Bitsy call the men before stomping away?
8. What makes Bitsy exceptionally upset lately?
(a) He has had migraines.
(b) He is going through a divorce.
(c) He is gaining weight.
(d) He had some bad investment tips.
9. What is Madame Zilensky's claim to fame?
(a) Music composer.
(c) Portrait painter.
10. What does Emily think Martin is doing with the children?
(a) Teaching them how to cheat at cards.
(b) Telling lies about her.
(c) Feeding them fast food.
(d) Letting them stay up too late.
11. What food does Bitsy chew and then spit out on the carpet?
12. What is the only item Madame Zilensky bemoan not having when their luggage is lost?
(a) A metronome.
(b) A makeup case.
(c) A hat box.
(d) A Bible.
13. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
(b) New Jersey.
14. How does the author characterize Mr. Brook?
(a) A taskmaster.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A has-been.
(d) A pastel person.
15. As the story opens, John Ferris is in a hotel room in what city?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a symbol for the passage of time in Ferris' life?
2. What happened to Bitsy's good friend six months ago?
3. How many children does Madame Zilensky have?
4. How does Martin feel about Emily by the time he goes to bed?
5. Who is Martin's son?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)