|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame Zilensky refer to the father of one of her children?
(a) What a jerk.
(b) That French.
(c) Her one passion.
(d) A megolomaniac.
2. Where is John Ferris' current home?
3. How old is Ferris on this birthday?
4. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
(b) New Jersey.
5. What department does Mr. Brook head up at the college?
6. In what state did Martin and Emily live before moving to the big city?
7. What does Mr. Brook find unusual about Madame Zilensky's home a few weeks after her arrival?
(a) The rooms are empty and bare.
(b) The windows have been boarded up.
(c) All of the rooms are painted pink.
(d) There are no lights in any of the rooms.
8. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
(a) They never wear shoes.
(b) They eat with their eyes closed.
(c) They never speak.
(d) They always walk in single-file.
9. By what name was Ferris' father known?
(a) Big Daddy.
(c) Papa Ferris.
(d) Mr. Ferris.
10. What had Martin's wife sprinkled on toast instead of cinnamon?
(b) Cayenne Pepper.
11. What does Bitsy call the men before stomping away?
12. Who is Ferris' ex-wife?
(c) Anne Marie.
13. In what city does Ferris' ex-wife live?
(a) New York.
14. Bitsy looks at the table of elegant food with longing and _____________.
15. From whom is Andy expecting a visit?
(a) The tooth fairy.
(b) The Easter Bunny.
(c) Santa Claus.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dominates Madame Zilensky's life?
2. Who is Martin's wife?
3. What is the central theme in this story?
4. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
5. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)