|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual item does Bitsy place in his mouth at the table?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(b) A rose petal.
(c) A pack of matches.
(d) A napkin.
2. Why has Ferris visited the state in #129?
(a) A class reunion.
(b) A business convention.
(c) His father's funeral.
(d) To sell a house.
3. How does Madame Zilensky refer to the father of one of her children?
(a) That French.
(b) A megolomaniac.
(c) What a jerk.
(d) Her one passion.
4. What happened to Bitsy's good friend six months ago?
(a) His legs were trampled by a horse.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He got divorced.
(d) He was in a car accident.
5. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
(c) New Jersey.
6. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
(a) She is a pathological liar.
(b) She will generate revenue for the school.
(c) She is insane.
(d) She is a murderess.
7. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He has lost weight.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He is gaining weight.
(d) He is very pale.
8. What is a libertine?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A person without morals.
(c) A Democrat.
(d) A philanthropist.
9. How old is Ferris on this birthday?
10. With what college is Mr. Brook associated?
(c) Ryder College.
11. What is the central theme in this story?
(a) The search for love.
(c) Regret and loss.
(d) Man vs. nature.
12. Why can Bitsy not partake in the sumptuous meal?
(a) He has another obligation.
(b) He was not invited.
(c) He must stay very thin.
(d) He has already had dinner.
13. From whom is Andy expecting a visit?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) The Easter Bunny.
(c) Santa Claus.
(d) The tooth fairy.
14. How does the author characterize Mr. Brook?
(a) A has-been.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A taskmaster.
(d) A pastel person.
15. What is Bitsy Barlow's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Brook skipped out on a faculty trip to __________.
2. Who is Martin's daughter?
3. What does Mr. Brook ultimately do with Madame Zilensky?
4. What does the rich man dip into his water glass?
5. What is unusual about Madame Zilensky mentioning the King of Finland?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)