|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Brook find unusual about Madame Zilensky's home a few weeks after her arrival?
(a) The windows have been boarded up.
(b) The rooms are empty and bare.
(c) There are no lights in any of the rooms.
(d) All of the rooms are painted pink.
2. Who does Ferris call from his hotel room?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. As the story opens, John Ferris is in a hotel room in what city?
(a) New York City.
4. Which of the following is NOT a person sitting in the location in #92?
(a) A priest.
(b) A bookie.
(c) A horse trainer.
(d) A rich investor.
5. What does Mr. Brook do about Madame Zilensky's lies?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Confronts her.
(d) Fires her.
6. What topic of conversation creates anxiety in Andy?
(c) Medical tests.
7. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
8. Who is Ferris' ex-wife's new husband?
(a) Ed Smith.
(b) Ron Hightower.
(c) Bill Bailey.
(d) Jack Paulsen.
9. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) A museum.
(d) A bar.
10. What is Martin's wife's condition when he confronts her?
11. Who is Ferris' ex-wife?
(a) Anne Marie.
12. What beverage does Bitsy order at the table?
(a) Kentucky bourbon.
(d) Seltzer water.
13. What does Mr. Brook ultimately do with Madame Zilensky?
(a) Indulges her fantasy world.
(b) Terminates her.
(c) Promotes her.
(d) Publicizes her work.
14. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He is very pale.
(c) He has lost weight.
(d) He is gaining weight.
15. What had Martin's wife sprinkled on toast instead of cinnamon?
(a) Cayenne Pepper.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is Andy expecting a visit?
2. What did Emily do to Marianne one night when Emily was drunk?
3. What behavior does Emily exhibit when she is drunk?
4. What is the central theme in this story?
5. How can Madame Zilensky's home life be characterized?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)