|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author characterize Mr. Brook?
(a) A taskmaster.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A pastel person.
(d) A has-been.
2. What does the rich man dip into his water glass?
(a) His tie.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His napkin.
(d) His fork.
3. How many children does Ferris' fiance have?
4. What is Bitsy Barlow's profession?
5. Why does Emily get drunk?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She has inherited the disease.
(c) To escape reality.
(d) She is an alcoholic.
6. Who is Martin's son?
7. Why can Bitsy not partake in the sumptuous meal?
(a) He has already had dinner.
(b) He has another obligation.
(c) He was not invited.
(d) He must stay very thin.
8. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He is very pale.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He is gaining weight.
(d) He is exhausted.
9. What makes Bitsy exceptionally upset lately?
(a) He is going through a divorce.
(b) He is gaining weight.
(c) He had some bad investment tips.
(d) He has had migraines.
10. How many children does Madame Zilensky have?
11. What behavior does Emily exhibit when she is drunk?
(a) An English accent.
(b) Obsequious nature.
(c) Slurred speech.
(d) Combative nature.
12. In what city does Ferris' ex-wife live?
(b) New York.
13. How can Madame Zilensky's home life be characterized?
14. What beverage does Bitsy order at the table?
(a) Seltzer water.
(d) Kentucky bourbon.
15. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
(a) He broke his pelvis.
(b) One leg is shorter than the other.
(c) He has entered a different career.
(d) He has retired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
2. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
3. Bitsy looks at the table of elegant food with longing and _____________.
4. What does Bitsy call the men before stomping away?
5. Which of the following is NOT a person sitting in the location in #92?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)