|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a libertine?
(a) A person without morals.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A Democrat.
(d) A criminal.
2. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
(a) They always walk in single-file.
(b) They eat with their eyes closed.
(c) They never wear shoes.
(d) They never speak.
3. Who is Ferris' ex-wife's new husband?
(a) Ed Smith.
(b) Ron Hightower.
(c) Jack Paulsen.
(d) Bill Bailey.
4. Who is Martin's wife?
5. What is Madame Zilensky's claim to fame?
(b) Portrait painter.
(d) Music composer.
6. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He is very pale.
(d) He is gaining weight.
7. What is the central theme in this story?
(a) The search for love.
(c) Man vs. nature.
(d) Regret and loss.
8. What does Mr. Brook find unusual about Madame Zilensky's home a few weeks after her arrival?
(a) All of the rooms are painted pink.
(b) There are no lights in any of the rooms.
(c) The rooms are empty and bare.
(d) The windows have been boarded up.
9. With what college is Mr. Brook associated?
(a) Ryder College.
10. Why does Emily get drunk?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She has inherited the disease.
(d) To escape reality.
11. Bitsy looks at the table of elegant food with longing and _____________.
12. What are Martin's children doing when he arrives home?
(a) Trying to put up Christmas decorations.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Playing in the sandbox.
13. What had Martin's wife sprinkled on toast instead of cinnamon?
(c) Cayenne Pepper.
14. How does Martin feel about the state of his family?
15. Who does Ferris call from his hotel room?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
2. How does Madame Zilensky refer to the father of one of her children?
3. Mr. Brook skipped out on a faculty trip to __________.
4. Who is the father of Madame Zilensky's children?
5. In what city does Ferris' ex-wife live?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)