|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
(a) He has entered a different career.
(b) He has retired.
(c) He broke his pelvis.
(d) One leg is shorter than the other.
2. What is a symbol for the passage of time in Ferris' life?
(a) His appointment book.
(b) His divorce.
(c) His father's funeral.
(d) His birthday cake.
3. What is a libertine?
(a) A person without morals.
(b) A Democrat.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A criminal.
4. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
(a) She is a murderess.
(b) She will generate revenue for the school.
(c) She is a pathological liar.
(d) She is insane.
5. Who is the father of Madame Zilensky's children?
(a) Her estranged husband.
(b) Three different men.
(c) The King of Finland.
(d) A Frenchman.
6. What food does Bitsy chew and then spit out on the carpet?
7. Why has Ferris visited the state in #129?
(a) A business convention.
(b) His father's funeral.
(c) To sell a house.
(d) A class reunion.
8. How is Bitsy dressed in the story?
(b) In uniform.
9. What had Martin's wife sprinkled on toast instead of cinnamon?
(a) Cayenne Pepper.
10. Why can Bitsy not partake in the sumptuous meal?
(a) He was not invited.
(b) He must stay very thin.
(c) He has already had dinner.
(d) He has another obligation.
11. How does Martin feel about the state of his family?
12. What do the men note about Bitsy's appearance?
(a) He is very pale.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He is gaining weight.
(d) He is exhausted.
13. What happened to Bitsy's good friend six months ago?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He got divorced.
(d) His legs were trampled by a horse.
14. Who walks past Ferris' hotel room window?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A voodoo queen.
15. Why does Emily get drunk?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She has inherited the disease.
(c) She is angry.
(d) To escape reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martin feel about Emily by the time he goes to bed?
2. Mr. Brook skipped out on a faculty trip to __________.
3. What is the central theme in this story?
4. What has Bitsy just done prior to encountering the three men?
5. Why does Martin Meadows leave his office early one Friday?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)