|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Bitsy chew and then spit out on the carpet?
2. What had Martin's wife sprinkled on toast instead of cinnamon?
(a) Cayenne Pepper.
3. How many children does Madame Zilensky have?
4. What happened to Bitsy's good friend six months ago?
(a) His legs were trampled by a horse.
(b) He got divorced.
(c) He died from cancer.
(d) He was in a car accident.
5. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She is a murderess.
(c) She is a pathological liar.
(d) She will generate revenue for the school.
6. How does the author characterize Mr. Brook?
(a) A pastel person.
(b) A taskmaster.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A has-been.
7. Why does Emily get drunk?
(a) To escape reality.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) She has inherited the disease.
(d) She is angry.
8. What U.S. state has Ferris recently visited?
(c) New Jersey.
9. What beverage does Bitsy order at the table?
(b) Kentucky bourbon.
(d) Seltzer water.
10. What topic of conversation creates anxiety in Andy?
(a) Medical tests.
11. What does Mr. Brook ultimately do with Madame Zilensky?
(a) Promotes her.
(b) Indulges her fantasy world.
(c) Publicizes her work.
(d) Terminates her.
12. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A bar.
(d) A museum.
13. How does Martin feel about the state of his family?
14. Emily states that Martin always favored _____________.
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) His mother.
15. Who does Ferris call from his hotel room?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Madame Zilensky mentioning the King of Finland?
2. From whom is Andy expecting a visit?
3. As the story opens, John Ferris is in a hotel room in what city?
4. Who is Martin's wife?
5. Who is Martin's daughter?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)