|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Brook find unusual about Madame Zilensky's home a few weeks after her arrival?
(a) The rooms are empty and bare.
(b) The windows have been boarded up.
(c) There are no lights in any of the rooms.
(d) All of the rooms are painted pink.
2. What musical instrument does Elizabeth play?
3. What conclusion does Mr. Brook arrive at regarding Madame Zilensky?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She will generate revenue for the school.
(c) She is a pathological liar.
(d) She is a murderess.
4. What unusual item does Bitsy place in his mouth at the table?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A rose petal.
(d) A pack of matches.
5. What topic of conversation creates anxiety in Andy?
(d) Medical tests.
6. Who walks past Ferris' hotel room window?
(a) A voodoo queen.
(b) A policeman.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
7. What does Bitsy realize is coming to an end?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His racing career.
(c) His club membership.
(d) His oldest friendship.
8. What is a symbol for the passage of time in Ferris' life?
(a) His father's funeral.
(b) His appointment book.
(c) His birthday cake.
(d) His divorce.
9. How does Martin feel about the state of his family?
10. Where does Ferris agree to meet his ex-wife?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A museum.
11. What is the setting for this story?
(a) A church.
(b) A dining room.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A train car.
12. How many children does Ferris' fiance have?
13. Why does Martin Meadows leave his office early one Friday?
(a) To go to a doctor's appointment.
(b) To spend time with his family.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To pick up a client at the airport.
14. What is the central theme in this story?
(a) Man vs. nature.
(b) The search for love.
(c) Regret and loss.
15. How does Madame Zilensky refer to the father of one of her children?
(a) That French.
(b) A megolomaniac.
(c) Her one passion.
(d) What a jerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Bitsy chew and then spit out on the carpet?
2. How is Bitsy dressed in the story?
3. Who is Ferris' ex-wife?
4. What is a libertine?
5. What is a quirky habit that Mr. Brook notices about Madame Zilensky's children?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)