|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Frances that Mr. Bilderbach is unaware of?
(a) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(b) Her parents are divorcing.
(c) She is in love with a boy in school.
(d) She will be moving soon.
2. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
(a) As a philanthropist.
(b) As an event planner.
(c) As a brothel madam.
(d) As a hermit.
3. What happens to Amelia after the activity in #66?
(a) She loses her vitality.
(b) She hires a hitman.
(c) She files a lawsuit.
(d) She leaves town.
4. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
(a) A mechanical piano.
(b) A jukebox.
(c) A big screen TV.
(d) An espresso machine.
5. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
(a) He has a peg leg.
(b) His left arm is shorter than the right.
(c) He is a hunchback.
(d) He has a stripe of white hair.
6. What did critics say about Frances' performance of the piece in #83?
(a) It was virtuoso level.
(b) It lacked emotion.
(c) It was brilliant.
(d) It was inspired.
7. In what month does the fight between Amelia and Marvin occur?
8. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 10 weeks.
9. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She can take him or leave him.
(b) She is amused by him.
(c) She can't stand him.
(d) She loves him.
10. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
11. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
(a) Marvin is out of jail.
(b) Marvin has remarried.
(c) Marvin has a terminal illness.
(d) Marvin has died.
12. What is a wunderkind?
(a) Child genius.
(b) Opera singer.
(c) Cartoon character.
(d) German priest.
13. Both Frances and the student in #78 have been dubbed ________________.
(c) poor learners.
(d) child geniuses.
14. Who wrecks Amelia's cafe?
(a) A local gang.
(b) A group of vandals.
(c) Marvin and Lymon.
(d) Sam and Eddie.
15. What piece does Frances recall that she and the student in #78 played?
(b) Opus #5.
(c) Ode to Joy.
(d) Moonlight Sonata.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
2. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
3. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
4. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
5. What business does Amelia run from her house?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)