|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frances believes she can never be ___________________.
(a) a great pianist.
(b) a teacher.
(c) an opera singer.
(d) a mother.
2. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
3. What is a wunderkind?
(a) Child genius.
(b) Opera singer.
(c) Cartoon character.
(d) German priest.
4. In what month does the fight between Amelia and Marvin occur?
5. How many years has Lymon been at Amelia's by this time?
6. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
(a) a holy man.
(b) a rambling man.
(c) an evil man.
(d) a jolly man.
7. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Ed Feverfew.
(b) Joe Ernest.
(c) Mack Todd.
(d) Marvin Macy.
8. Who accidentally gets the plate of poisoned food when Amelia tries to poison Marvin?
9. What happens to Amelia after the activity in #66?
(a) She leaves town.
(b) She hires a hitman.
(c) She loses her vitality.
(d) She files a lawsuit.
10. How old is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
11. Who jumps onto Amelia when she has Marvin in a defeated pin?
12. To whom does Lymon seem attracted now?
13. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
(a) Marvin is out of jail.
(b) Marvin has a terminal illness.
(c) Marvin has remarried.
(d) Marvin has died.
14. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His hunchback.
(b) His albino coloring.
(c) His bald head.
(d) His yellow eyes.
15. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
2. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
3. Amelia takes Lymon to picture shows and ______________.
4. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
5. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)