|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 10 weeks.
2. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
(a) Tall and gawky.
(b) Petite and tentative.
(c) Strong and mannish.
(d) Delicate and frail.
3. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
4. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
5. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
(a) He turns cartwheels.
(b) He wiggles his ears.
(c) He does impersonations.
(d) He tells jokes.
6. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Joe Ernest.
(b) Ed Feverfew.
(c) Marvin Macy.
(d) Mack Todd.
7. What will the man in #12 be called?
(a) Sir Morton.
(c) Cousin Lymon.
(d) Mr. Andrews.
8. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
9. What eventually happens to the town?
(a) It develops suburbs.
(b) It decays.
(c) It revitalizes the downtown area.
(d) It maintains a steady growth.
10. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
(a) He is a traveling salesman.
(b) He is a convicted felon.
(c) He is "the life of the party".
(d) He is an ex-priest.
11. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
12. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
13. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
(a) Marvin has remarried.
(b) Marvin has a terminal illness.
(c) Marvin is out of jail.
(d) Marvin has died.
14. What is a wunderkind?
(a) German priest.
(b) Opera singer.
(c) Child genius.
(d) Cartoon character.
15. What does Frances do when Mr. Bilderbach wants her to play?
(a) She plays brilliantly.
(b) She breaks down and cries.
(c) She leaves the house with no warning.
(d) She says she needs a break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
2. Who has Marvin's brother brought with him to Amelia's cafe?
3. On what day do Amelia and Marvin have a big fight?
4. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
5. Who is Miss Amelia?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)