|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
(a) Amelia has murdered him.
(b) He skipped town.
(c) He went to work.
(d) He is a very late sleeper.
2. What does Marvin do to Lymon to get him to be quiet?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Tells him to sshhhhh.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Bashes him on the head.
3. Why does Lymon say he is mesmerized by Marvin?
(a) Marvin is very witty.
(b) Marvin is a compassionate person.
(c) Marvin is very intelligent.
(d) Marvin has been to Atlanta and to jail.
4. How old is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
5. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
6. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
7. Who is Mister Bilderbach?
(a) Piano teacher.
8. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
9. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
10. What instrument does the student in the magazine profile play?
11. What is the Harmonious Blacksmith?
(a) A book about the Wild West.
(b) A piece Frances used to love.
(c) A show about careers.
(d) A book about horses.
12. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) Her housewarming party.
(b) The end of Prohibition.
(c) The opening of her cafe.
(d) Her engagement party.
13. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
(a) Marvin has died.
(b) Marvin has a terminal illness.
(c) Marvin is out of jail.
(d) Marvin has remarried.
14. Who is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
15. In what month does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frances' playing so emotionless?
2. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
3. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
4. What happens to Amelia after the activity in #66?
5. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)