|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Mister Lafkowitz point out to Frances?
(a) Musical Courier.
(b) Ladies Home Journal.
2. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
(a) He skipped town.
(b) Amelia has murdered him.
(c) He went to work.
(d) He is a very late sleeper.
3. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
(c) Pacific Northwest.
4. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
(a) She doesn't want to make a scene.
(b) She is secretly in love with Marvin.
(c) She is waiting for the right time to kick them out.
(d) She is afraid of living alone again.
5. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Ed Feverfew.
(b) Joe Ernest.
(c) Mack Todd.
(d) Marvin Macy.
6. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
(a) a rambling man.
(b) a holy man.
(c) an evil man.
(d) a jolly man.
7. To where does Amelia retreat after her defeat?
(b) Her office.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The beauty salon.
8. What does Marvin do to Lymon to get him to be quiet?
(a) Bashes him on the head.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Tells him to sshhhhh.
9. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
10. What do Marvin and Lymon do together?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Start a business.
11. The boxing match between Amelia and Marvin transitions into __________________.
(a) a murder.
(b) a free-for-all.
(c) a brawl.
(d) a wrestling match.
12. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(b) A dance hall girl.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A school secretary.
13. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
14. Why does Lymon say he is mesmerized by Marvin?
(a) Marvin is very intelligent.
(b) Marvin is very witty.
(c) Marvin is a compassionate person.
(d) Marvin has been to Atlanta and to jail.
15. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His albino coloring.
(b) His yellow eyes.
(c) His hunchback.
(d) His bald head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amelia and Cousin Lymon are both ____________.
2. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
3. Who is Mister Bilderbach?
4. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
5. What is the sole focus of Frances' life?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)