|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Amelia retreat after her defeat?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her office.
(c) The beauty salon.
2. What does Marvin rub on his body prior to the big fight?
(b) Hog lard.
(c) Baby oil.
(d) Cocoa butter.
3. What role does Amelia enjoy playing in the community?
(d) Country doctor.
4. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
5. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
(a) He is a very late sleeper.
(b) He skipped town.
(c) Amelia has murdered him.
(d) He went to work.
6. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
(a) He is a distant relative.
(b) He wants to write an article about her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is looking for a job.
7. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
(c) Pacific Northwest.
8. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His bald head.
(b) His hunchback.
(c) His albino coloring.
(d) His yellow eyes.
9. On what day do Amelia and Marvin have a big fight?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) Groundhog Day.
10. Amelia and Cousin Lymon are both ____________.
11. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(c) A school secretary.
(d) A dance hall girl.
12. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
13. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She can't stand him.
(c) She is amused by him.
(d) She can take him or leave him.
14. What is a wunderkind?
(a) Opera singer.
(b) Child genius.
(c) Cartoon character.
(d) German priest.
15. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
(a) His left arm is shorter than the right.
(b) He is a hunchback.
(c) He has a peg leg.
(d) He has a stripe of white hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather as the story opens?
2. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
3. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
4. What do Marvin and Lymon do together?
5. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)