|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
2. How old is Frances?
3. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
(a) a jolly man.
(b) a holy man.
(c) a rambling man.
(d) an evil man.
4. How many years has Lymon been at Amelia's by this time?
5. Where does Marvin serve time for committing crimes?
(a) Atlanta penitentiary.
(b) Alcatraz prison.
(c) Leavenworth prison.
(d) Sing Sing prison.
6. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He is a sociopath.
(b) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
(c) He has blackmailed Amelia.
(d) He is a pathological liar.
7. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
8. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Mack Todd.
(b) Marvin Macy.
(c) Ed Feverfew.
(d) Joe Ernest.
9. To where does Amelia retreat after her defeat?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The beauty salon.
(c) Her office.
10. What does Lymon give Marvin permission to do one day?
(a) Run the cafe.
(b) Drive his car.
(c) Re-marry Amelia.
(d) Move into the house.
11. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
(a) She is afraid of living alone again.
(b) She doesn't want to make a scene.
(c) She is waiting for the right time to kick them out.
(d) She is secretly in love with Marvin.
12. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
(c) keys to everything.
(d) safe deposit box.
13. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
14. Who is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
15. What is the sole focus of Frances' life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the man in #12 be called?
2. What eventually happens to the town?
3. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
4. How old is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
5. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)