|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
(a) an evil man.
(b) a jolly man.
(c) a rambling man.
(d) a holy man.
2. Who is entranced by Marvin?
(a) Cousin Lymon.
3. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
4. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
5. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
(a) keys to everything.
(c) safe deposit box.
6. What is the sole focus of Frances' life?
7. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
8. What eventually happens to Amelia's cafe?
(a) It is boarded up.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It is sold as a franchise.
(d) It is expanded.
9. Frances believes she can never be ___________________.
(a) a mother.
(b) an opera singer.
(c) a great pianist.
(d) a teacher.
10. Who is Mister Lafkowitz?
(c) Piano teacher.
11. On what day do Amelia and Marvin have a big fight?
(b) Groundhog Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
12. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
(a) He wiggles his ears.
(b) He tells jokes.
(c) He does impersonations.
(d) He turns cartwheels.
13. What is the Harmonious Blacksmith?
(a) A book about the Wild West.
(b) A show about careers.
(c) A piece Frances used to love.
(d) A book about horses.
14. Who is Mister Bilderbach?
(a) Piano teacher.
15. Who wrecks Amelia's cafe?
(a) A local gang.
(b) A group of vandals.
(c) Sam and Eddie.
(d) Marvin and Lymon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
2. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
3. Who jumps onto Amelia when she has Marvin in a defeated pin?
4. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
5. What does Lymon give Marvin permission to do one day?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)