|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
(a) Brand new.
(b) Torn down.
(c) In renovation.
(d) Ready to collapse.
2. What magazine does Mister Lafkowitz point out to Frances?
(a) Musical Courier.
(c) Ladies Home Journal.
3. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
(a) A big screen TV.
(b) An espresso machine.
(c) A jukebox.
(d) A mechanical piano.
4. Who is Mister Bilderbach?
(b) Piano teacher.
5. Who wrecks Amelia's cafe?
(a) A group of vandals.
(b) Sam and Eddie.
(c) Marvin and Lymon.
(d) A local gang.
6. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
7. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
8. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Joe Ernest.
(b) Ed Feverfew.
(c) Marvin Macy.
(d) Mack Todd.
9. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 10 years.
10. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
11. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
(a) As a hermit.
(b) As a brothel madam.
(c) As a philanthropist.
(d) As an event planner.
12. To whom does Lymon seem attracted now?
13. How many years has Lymon been at Amelia's by this time?
14. Who is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
15. What is a wunderkind?
(a) German priest.
(b) Cartoon character.
(c) Child genius.
(d) Opera singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
2. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
3. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
4. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
5. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)