|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to Amelia's cafe?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It is expanded.
(c) It is boarded up.
(d) It is sold as a franchise.
2. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
(a) As a hermit.
(b) As an event planner.
(c) As a brothel madam.
(d) As a philanthropist.
3. What role does Amelia enjoy playing in the community?
(c) Country doctor.
4. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She can take him or leave him.
(b) She can't stand him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is amused by him.
5. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
(a) Ready to collapse.
(b) Brand new.
(c) In renovation.
(d) Torn down.
6. Why is Frances' playing so emotionless?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She has better things to do.
(c) She hates the pieces she has to play.
(d) She is distracted.
7. What does Marvin do to Lymon to get him to be quiet?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Bashes him on the head.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Tells him to sshhhhh.
8. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
9. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His bald head.
(b) His hunchback.
(c) His albino coloring.
(d) His yellow eyes.
10. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
(a) Slams the door in his face.
(b) Poisons his coffee.
(c) Has him beaten up in the alley.
(d) Trips him on the stairs.
11. Where does Marvin serve time for committing crimes?
(a) Alcatraz prison.
(b) Atlanta penitentiary.
(c) Leavenworth prison.
(d) Sing Sing prison.
12. The boxing match between Amelia and Marvin transitions into __________________.
(a) a wrestling match.
(b) a brawl.
(c) a free-for-all.
(d) a murder.
13. What eventually happens to the town?
(a) It develops suburbs.
(b) It revitalizes the downtown area.
(c) It decays.
(d) It maintains a steady growth.
14. What is an evil omen about Marvin?
(a) He doesn't sweat.
(b) He cannot cry.
(c) He has constant hiccups.
(d) He never laughs.
15. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
(a) safe deposit box.
(c) keys to everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
2. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
3. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
4. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
5. Who is entranced by Marvin?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)