Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
2. Who accidentally gets the plate of poisoned food when Amelia tries to poison Marvin?
3. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
4. What does Marvin rub on his body prior to the big fight?
(a) Hog lard.
(b) Baby oil.
(c) Cocoa butter.
5. What is the Harmonious Blacksmith?
(a) A book about the Wild West.
(b) A piece Frances used to love.
(c) A show about careers.
(d) A book about horses.
6. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Mack Todd.
(b) Joe Ernest.
(c) Ed Feverfew.
(d) Marvin Macy.
7. What does Marvin do to Lymon to get him to be quiet?
(a) Bashes him on the head.
(b) Tells him to sshhhhh.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Ignores him.
8. What is happening to Frances that Mr. Bilderbach is unaware of?
(a) Her parents are divorcing.
(b) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(c) She will be moving soon.
(d) She is in love with a boy in school.
9. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
(a) As a brothel madam.
(b) As a philanthropist.
(c) As an event planner.
(d) As a hermit.
10. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
11. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
12. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
(a) Trips him on the stairs.
(b) Slams the door in his face.
(c) Has him beaten up in the alley.
(d) Poisons his coffee.
13. Frances' piano playing lately has been proficient yet _____________.
14. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
15. What did critics say about Frances' performance of the piece in #83?
(a) It was virtuoso level.
(b) It was inspired.
(c) It lacked emotion.
(d) It was brilliant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boxing match between Amelia and Marvin transitions into __________________.
2. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
3. Who is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
4. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
5. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)