|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
(a) He tells jokes.
(b) He does impersonations.
(c) He wiggles his ears.
(d) He turns cartwheels.
2. Amelia takes Lymon to picture shows and ______________.
(b) football games.
(c) dog races.
(d) horse races.
3. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A school secretary.
(c) A dance hall girl.
(d) The occupant of the largest house in town.
4. Why is Frances' playing so emotionless?
(a) She hates the pieces she has to play.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is distracted.
(d) She has better things to do.
5. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
6. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
(a) A jukebox.
(b) A big screen TV.
(c) An espresso machine.
(d) A mechanical piano.
7. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A place for socialization.
(b) A good meal.
(c) A place to play cards.
(d) A sense of worth.
8. What does Lymon give Marvin permission to do one day?
(a) Drive his car.
(b) Run the cafe.
(c) Re-marry Amelia.
(d) Move into the house.
9. What piece does Frances recall that she and the student in #78 played?
(a) Opus #5.
(c) Ode to Joy.
(d) Moonlight Sonata.
10. What instrument does the student in the magazine profile play?
11. What will the man in #12 be called?
(a) Mr. Andrews.
(c) Cousin Lymon.
(d) Sir Morton.
12. What eventually happens to Amelia's cafe?
(a) It is sold as a franchise.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It is boarded up.
(d) It is expanded.
13. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
14. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
(a) In renovation.
(b) Ready to collapse.
(c) Brand new.
(d) Torn down.
15. How old is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrecks Amelia's cafe?
2. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
3. Who is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
4. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
5. What does the author call a meeting of men on Amelia's porch?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)