|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
(a) Boil on his thigh.
(c) Chicken Pox.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
2. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
3. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
(a) Torn down.
(b) Ready to collapse.
(c) In renovation.
(d) Brand new.
4. Who is entranced by Marvin?
(a) Cousin Lymon.
5. Who jumps onto Amelia when she has Marvin in a defeated pin?
6. What happens to Amelia after the activity in #66?
(a) She files a lawsuit.
(b) She loses her vitality.
(c) She hires a hitman.
(d) She leaves town.
7. How old is the student who is profiled in a magazine?
8. To whom does Lymon seem attracted now?
9. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He is a pathological liar.
(b) He is a sociopath.
(c) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
(d) He has blackmailed Amelia.
10. What is the Harmonious Blacksmith?
(a) A book about the Wild West.
(b) A book about horses.
(c) A piece Frances used to love.
(d) A show about careers.
11. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A dance hall girl.
(d) A school secretary.
12. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) Her engagement party.
(b) Her housewarming party.
(c) The opening of her cafe.
(d) The end of Prohibition.
13. What do Marvin and Lymon do together?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Build a house.
(d) Start a business.
14. What is happening to Frances that Mr. Bilderbach is unaware of?
(a) She will be moving soon.
(b) Her parents are divorcing.
(c) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(d) She is in love with a boy in school.
15. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
2. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
3. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
4. What is an evil omen about Marvin?
5. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)