|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call a meeting of men on Amelia's porch?
(a) A consortium.
(b) Busybody brigade.
(c) A lynching.
(d) An "evil festival".
2. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
(a) His left arm is shorter than the right.
(b) He is a hunchback.
(c) He has a stripe of white hair.
(d) He has a peg leg.
3. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
4. What role does Amelia enjoy playing in the community?
(c) Country doctor.
5. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
(a) She doesn't want to make a scene.
(b) She is secretly in love with Marvin.
(c) She is afraid of living alone again.
(d) She is waiting for the right time to kick them out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
2. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
3. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
4. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
5. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)