|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He has blackmailed Amelia.
(b) He is a pathological liar.
(c) He is a sociopath.
(d) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
2. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
3. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
(a) She is afraid of living alone again.
(b) She doesn't want to make a scene.
(c) She is waiting for the right time to kick them out.
(d) She is secretly in love with Marvin.
4. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
(a) He wiggles his ears.
(b) He turns cartwheels.
(c) He does impersonations.
(d) He tells jokes.
5. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
2. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
3. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
4. Who is entranced by Marvin?
5. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)