|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lymon say he is mesmerized by Marvin?
(a) Marvin has been to Atlanta and to jail.
(b) Marvin is very witty.
(c) Marvin is a compassionate person.
(d) Marvin is very intelligent.
2. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is a distant relative.
(c) He wants to write an article about her.
(d) He is looking for a job.
3. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
4. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
(a) Tall and gawky.
(b) Delicate and frail.
(c) Strong and mannish.
(d) Petite and tentative.
5. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
(c) Pacific Northwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
2. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
3. What does Lymon give Marvin permission to do one day?
4. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
5. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)