|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
2. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
3. Who is entranced by Marvin?
(b) Cousin Lymon.
4. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
(a) He is "the life of the party".
(b) He is a traveling salesman.
(c) He is an ex-priest.
(d) He is a convicted felon.
5. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
(a) Shows them to her friends.
(b) Puts them in storage.
(c) Sells them in her general store.
(d) Puts them on display.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an evil omen about Marvin?
2. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
3. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
4. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
5. In what month does the story take place?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)