|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to the town?
(a) It maintains a steady growth.
(b) It develops suburbs.
(c) It revitalizes the downtown area.
(d) It decays.
2. Where does Marvin serve time for committing crimes?
(a) Sing Sing prison.
(b) Alcatraz prison.
(c) Atlanta penitentiary.
(d) Leavenworth prison.
3. Who wrecks Amelia's cafe?
(a) A group of vandals.
(b) A local gang.
(c) Marvin and Lymon.
(d) Sam and Eddie.
4. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A place to play cards.
(c) A sense of worth.
(d) A place for socialization.
5. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marvin and Lymon do together?
2. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
3. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
4. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
5. What is an evil omen about Marvin?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)