|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
(a) As a brothel madam.
(b) As a hermit.
(c) As a philanthropist.
(d) As an event planner.
2. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A sense of worth.
(b) A place to play cards.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A place for socialization.
3. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
(b) He is a sociopath.
(c) He has blackmailed Amelia.
(d) He is a pathological liar.
4. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
5. What will the man in #12 be called?
(a) Sir Morton.
(c) Cousin Lymon.
(d) Mr. Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
2. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
3. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
4. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
5. In what month does the fight between Amelia and Marvin occur?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)