|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
2. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He has blackmailed Amelia.
(b) He is a pathological liar.
(c) He is a sociopath.
(d) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
3. Who has Marvin's brother brought with him to Amelia's cafe?
(b) His mother.
(c) A sick child.
(d) His new bride.
4. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
5. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(c) A dance hall girl.
(d) A school secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
2. What will the man in #12 be called?
3. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
4. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
5. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)