|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Marvin's brother brought with him to Amelia's cafe?
(a) His mother.
(b) His new bride.
(c) A sick child.
2. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(b) A dance hall girl.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A school secretary.
3. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She can't stand him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She can take him or leave him.
(d) She is amused by him.
4. Amelia and Cousin Lymon are both ____________.
5. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Joe Ernest.
(b) Ed Feverfew.
(c) Marvin Macy.
(d) Mack Todd.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
2. What role does Amelia enjoy playing in the community?
3. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
4. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
5. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)