|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A dance hall girl.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A school secretary.
(d) The occupant of the largest house in town.
2. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
(c) Pacific Northwest.
3. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
(a) He has a peg leg.
(b) He is a hunchback.
(c) He has a stripe of white hair.
(d) His left arm is shorter than the right.
4. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) The end of Prohibition.
(b) The opening of her cafe.
(c) Her housewarming party.
(d) Her engagement party.
5. How many years has Lymon been at Amelia's by this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
2. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
3. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
4. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
5. What does the author call a meeting of men on Amelia's porch?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)