|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Marvin's brother brought with him to Amelia's cafe?
(a) A sick child.
(b) His new bride.
(c) His mother.
2. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
(a) keys to everything.
(b) safe deposit box.
3. Amelia takes Lymon to picture shows and ______________.
(a) horse races.
(b) football games.
(d) dog races.
4. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
(a) He is looking for a job.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He wants to write an article about her.
(d) He is a distant relative.
5. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
2. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
3. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
4. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
5. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)