|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the story take place?
2. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) The end of Prohibition.
(b) The opening of her cafe.
(c) Her engagement party.
(d) Her housewarming party.
3. Amelia and Cousin Lymon are both ____________.
4. How many years has Lymon been at Amelia's by this time?
5. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She can take him or leave him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She can't stand him.
(d) She is amused by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
2. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
3. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
4. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
5. What is the weather as the story opens?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)