|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
2. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
3. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) Her engagement party.
(b) The end of Prohibition.
(c) The opening of her cafe.
(d) Her housewarming party.
4. What is the weather as the story opens?
(b) Very hot.
5. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She can take him or leave him.
(c) She can't stand him.
(d) She is amused by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
2. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
3. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
4. Where does Marvin serve time for committing crimes?
5. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)