|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
2. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A dance hall girl.
(b) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A school secretary.
3. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
(a) Ed Feverfew.
(b) Mack Todd.
(c) Joe Ernest.
(d) Marvin Macy.
4. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His yellow eyes.
(b) His bald head.
(c) His albino coloring.
(d) His hunchback.
5. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
2. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
3. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
4. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
5. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)