|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
(a) She cannot stand him.
(b) She dotes on him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She tolerates him.
2. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
3. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 10 weeks.
4. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(c) A school secretary.
(d) A dance hall girl.
5. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) The opening of her cafe.
(b) Her engagement party.
(c) Her housewarming party.
(d) The end of Prohibition.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the story take place?
2. Amelia takes Lymon to picture shows and ______________.
3. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
4. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
5. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)