|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
2. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
3. What does the author call a meeting of men on Amelia's porch?
(a) Busybody brigade.
(b) An "evil festival".
(c) A lynching.
(d) A consortium.
4. What is the weather as the story opens?
(d) Very hot.
5. Amelia and Cousin Lymon are both ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the story take place?
2. How many years has Lymon been at Amelia's by this time?
3. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
4. What role does Amelia enjoy playing in the community?
5. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)