|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
2. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(c) Boil on his thigh.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
3. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
4. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
5. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
(a) He is a convicted felon.
(b) He is a traveling salesman.
(c) He is "the life of the party".
(d) He is an ex-priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
2. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
3. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
4. Eventually Lymon has access to Amelia's house, cash register and __________________.
5. What is the weather as the story opens?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)