|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amelia takes Lymon to picture shows and ______________.
(a) football games.
(c) horse races.
(d) dog races.
2. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A place to play cards.
(b) A sense of worth.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A place for socialization.
3. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
4. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
(b) Pacific Northwest.
5. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
(a) An espresso machine.
(b) A big screen TV.
(c) A jukebox.
(d) A mechanical piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
2. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
3. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
4. Who has Marvin's brother brought with him to Amelia's cafe?
5. What business does Amelia run from her house?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)