|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
2. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
3. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(b) Boil on his thigh.
(d) Chicken Pox.
4. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
(a) He went to work.
(b) He is a very late sleeper.
(c) Amelia has murdered him.
(d) He skipped town.
5. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
2. What is the weather as the story opens?
3. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
4. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
5. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)