|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
(a) Sells them in her general store.
(b) Shows them to her friends.
(c) Puts them in storage.
(d) Puts them on display.
2. What will the man in #12 be called?
(a) Sir Morton.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Cousin Lymon.
3. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
(b) He has blackmailed Amelia.
(c) He is a pathological liar.
(d) He is a sociopath.
4. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A sense of worth.
(c) A place for socialization.
(d) A place to play cards.
5. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
(a) He is "the life of the party".
(b) He is a convicted felon.
(c) He is an ex-priest.
(d) He is a traveling salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
2. What does the author call a meeting of men on Amelia's porch?
3. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
4. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
5. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)