|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
2. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His bald head.
(b) His yellow eyes.
(c) His hunchback.
(d) His albino coloring.
3. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(c) Boil on his thigh.
(d) Chicken Pox.
4. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
5. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
(a) He has a stripe of white hair.
(b) His left arm is shorter than the right.
(c) He is a hunchback.
(d) He has a peg leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
2. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
3. What business does Amelia run from her house?
4. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
5. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)