|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
(a) A big screen TV.
(b) A jukebox.
(c) A mechanical piano.
(d) An espresso machine.
2. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
3. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She can't stand him.
(b) She can take him or leave him.
(c) She is amused by him.
(d) She loves him.
4. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
(a) Puts them in storage.
(b) Sells them in her general store.
(c) Shows them to her friends.
(d) Puts them on display.
5. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) Her housewarming party.
(b) The end of Prohibition.
(c) Her engagement party.
(d) The opening of her cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
2. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
3. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
4. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
5. Who has Marvin's brother brought with him to Amelia's cafe?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)