|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 23 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the story take place?
2. What will the man in #12 be called?
(a) Sir Morton.
(b) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Cousin Lymon.
3. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
4. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His albino coloring.
(b) His bald head.
(c) His yellow eyes.
(d) His hunchback.
5. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
2. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
3. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
4. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
5. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)