Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
2. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
3. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
4. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A place to play cards.
(b) A good meal.
(c) A place for socialization.
(d) A sense of worth.
5. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
2. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
3. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
4. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
5. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)