|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call a meeting of men on Amelia's porch?
(a) Busybody brigade.
(b) An "evil festival".
(c) A consortium.
(d) A lynching.
2. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(b) A dance hall girl.
(c) A schoolteacher.
(d) A school secretary.
3. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
(a) As a brothel madam.
(b) As a philanthropist.
(c) As an event planner.
(d) As a hermit.
4. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
(a) Has him beaten up in the alley.
(b) Slams the door in his face.
(c) Trips him on the stairs.
(d) Poisons his coffee.
5. Why does Amelia not say anything to Lymon about giving so many privileges to Marvin?
(a) She is waiting for the right time to kick them out.
(b) She is secretly in love with Marvin.
(c) She is afraid of living alone again.
(d) She doesn't want to make a scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
2. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
3. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
4. What will the man in #12 be called?
5. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)