|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) A half hour.
(d) Two hours.
2. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
3. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A sense of worth.
(b) A place to play cards.
(c) A place for socialization.
(d) A good meal.
4. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
(a) He tells jokes.
(b) He wiggles his ears.
(c) He does impersonations.
(d) He turns cartwheels.
5. What does Marvin rub on his body prior to the big fight?
(a) Hog lard.
(b) Baby oil.
(c) Cocoa butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
2. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
3. What news about Marvin does Marvin's brother give to Amelia?
4. Who jumps onto Amelia when she has Marvin in a defeated pin?
5. In what month does the story take place?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)