|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) Her engagement party.
(b) The end of Prohibition.
(c) The opening of her cafe.
(d) Her housewarming party.
2. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
(a) He wants to write an article about her.
(b) He is looking for a job.
(c) He is a distant relative.
(d) He is in love with her.
3. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
(b) He is a sociopath.
(c) He is a pathological liar.
(d) He has blackmailed Amelia.
4. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) A half hour.
(d) Five minutes.
5. What is notable about a man who approaches Amelia's house one day?
(a) He is a hunchback.
(b) He has a peg leg.
(c) His left arm is shorter than the right.
(d) He has a stripe of white hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
2. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
3. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
4. What do Marvin and Lymon do together?
5. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)