|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do Amelia and Marvin have a big fight?
(a) Groundhog Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
2. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His yellow eyes.
(b) His hunchback.
(c) His bald head.
(d) His albino coloring.
3. To where does Amelia retreat after her defeat?
(a) The beauty salon.
(b) Her office.
(c) Her bedroom.
4. To whom does Lymon seem attracted now?
5. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
2. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
3. What does the man who comes to Amelia's house tell her?
4. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
5. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)