|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an evil omen about Marvin?
(a) He cannot cry.
(b) He doesn't sweat.
(c) He never laughs.
(d) He has constant hiccups.
2. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
(a) He is a traveling salesman.
(b) He is a convicted felon.
(c) He is an ex-priest.
(d) He is "the life of the party".
3. Who has Marvin's brother brought with him to Amelia's cafe?
(a) His new bride.
(b) His mother.
(d) A sick child.
4. Why does Lymon say he is mesmerized by Marvin?
(a) Marvin is a compassionate person.
(b) Marvin is very witty.
(c) Marvin has been to Atlanta and to jail.
(d) Marvin is very intelligent.
5. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marvin and Lymon do together?
2. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
3. To where does Amelia retreat after her defeat?
4. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
5. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)