|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
2. For how long do Amelia and Marvin throw punches at each other?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Two hours.
3. On what day do Amelia and Marvin have a big fight?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) Groundhog Day.
4. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
(a) An espresso machine.
(b) A big screen TV.
(c) A jukebox.
(d) A mechanical piano.
5. Why does Lymon say he is mesmerized by Marvin?
(a) Marvin is very witty.
(b) Marvin is very intelligent.
(c) Marvin has been to Atlanta and to jail.
(d) Marvin is a compassionate person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
2. Who is entranced by Marvin?
3. What does the author call a meeting of men on Amelia's porch?
4. What is an evil omen about Marvin?
5. Who is Marvin Macy's brother?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)