|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
2. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(b) A dance hall girl.
(c) A school secretary.
(d) A schoolteacher.
3. What eventually happens to Amelia's cafe?
(a) It is sold as a franchise.
(b) It is boarded up.
(c) It is expanded.
(d) It burns down.
4. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
(a) Petite and tentative.
(b) Tall and gawky.
(c) Delicate and frail.
(d) Strong and mannish.
5. What role does Amelia enjoy playing in the community?
(b) Country doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
2. Who was Miss Amelia's husband?
3. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
4. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
5. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)