|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cafe seem to provide to people?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A sense of worth.
(c) A place for socialization.
(d) A place to play cards.
2. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
(a) Her engagement party.
(b) Her housewarming party.
(c) The opening of her cafe.
(d) The end of Prohibition.
3. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
4. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
5. In what season of the year does Marvin return to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
2. How does Cousin Lymon try to make Marvin laugh?
3. What do the people in town think has happened to the man in #14 when he is not seen the next day?
4. How does Amelia spend the rest of her life?
5. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)