|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the story take place?
2. What eventually happens to Amelia's cafe?
(a) It is sold as a franchise.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It is expanded.
(d) It is boarded up.
3. Where does Marvin serve time for committing crimes?
(a) Alcatraz prison.
(b) Atlanta penitentiary.
(c) Leavenworth prison.
(d) Sing Sing prison.
4. Why can Lymon get away with so many things with Amelia?
(a) He does not love Amelia like she loves him.
(b) He has blackmailed Amelia.
(c) He is a pathological liar.
(d) He is a sociopath.
5. How does Amelia feel about Cousin Lymon at the end of the story?
(a) She can take him or leave him.
(b) She can't stand him.
(c) She is amused by him.
(d) She loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
2. What does drinking liquor in Amelia's house signify?
3. What rude name does Marvin call Cousin Lymon?
4. What does Amelia slaughter for a town barbecue?
5. What beverage does Miss Amelia offer the men in her home?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)