|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Amelia's demeanor toward the sick child?
2. What literary technique does McCullers use when she addresses the ruined marriage between Amelia and Marvin and the future failed relationship between Amelia and Lymon.
3. What is the weather as the story opens?
(a) Very hot.
4. Who jumps onto Amelia when she has Marvin in a defeated pin?
5. What is the busiest night in Amelia's cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
2. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
3. How old was Marvin Macy when he married Amelia?
4. What is wrong with the sick child brought to see Amelia?
5. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)