|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 49 - 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to the town?
(a) It decays.
(b) It develops suburbs.
(c) It maintains a steady growth.
(d) It revitalizes the downtown area.
2. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
3. What do Marvin and Lymon do together?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Build a house.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Start a business.
4. What does Lymon give Marvin permission to do one day?
(a) Move into the house.
(b) Re-marry Amelia.
(c) Drive his car.
(d) Run the cafe.
5. In this story, McCullers intimates that a certain level of _____________ is part of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Amelia?
2. In what month does the story take place?
3. What do the people in town soon come to realize about the man in #12?
4. What does Amelia do with the gifts Marvin gives her?
5. Amelia takes Lymon to picture shows and ______________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)