|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jockey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use when mentioning Amelia's very brief marriage to Marvin Macy?
2. Why is Frances' playing so emotionless?
(a) She hates the pieces she has to play.
(b) She is distracted.
(c) She has better things to do.
(d) She is depressed.
3. What eventually happens to the town?
(a) It revitalizes the downtown area.
(b) It develops suburbs.
(c) It maintains a steady growth.
(d) It decays.
4. What eventually happens to Amelia's cafe?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It is boarded up.
(c) It is sold as a franchise.
(d) It is expanded.
5. Amelia takes Lymon to picture shows and ______________.
(b) horse races.
(c) football games.
(d) dog races.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Amelia retreat after her defeat?
2. What instrument does the student in the magazine profile play?
3. How does Amelia behave toward Lymon by this point in time?
4. Why will Bitsy's young jockey friend never ride a horse in a race again?
5. Marvin Macy is characterized as ____________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)