|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jockey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A dance hall girl.
(b) The occupant of the largest house in town.
(c) A school secretary.
(d) A schoolteacher.
2. With what is Marvin associated in the story?
3. What eventually happens to the town?
(a) It develops suburbs.
(b) It revitalizes the downtown area.
(c) It maintains a steady growth.
(d) It decays.
4. What is the physical manifestation of Cousin Lymon's outcast status?
(a) His yellow eyes.
(b) His hunchback.
(c) His bald head.
(d) His albino coloring.
5. In what month does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does McCullers use to tell this story?
2. How many years have passed since the opening of Amelia's cafe?
3. What is one of the ways that Amelia tries to get rid of Marvin?
4. Frances believes she can never be ___________________.
5. What has Lymon convinced Amelia to buy for the cafe?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)