Ballad of the Sad Cafe, pages 1 - 23
1. In what area of the United States does this story take place?
(d) Pacific Northwest.
2. In what month does the story take place?
3. What is the weather as the story opens?
(a) Very hot.
4. What is the state of the largest house in the center of town?
(a) In renovation.
(b) Torn down.
(c) Brand new.
(d) Ready to collapse.
5. Who is Miss Amelia?
(a) A school secretary.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A dance hall girl.
(d) The occupant of the largest house in town.
6. What business does Amelia run from her house?
(a) General Store.
(b) Child Care Center.
(c) Beauty Salon.
7. For what is Miss Amelia noted for making?
8. What is Miss Amelia's physical appearance?
(a) Strong and mannish.
(b) Petite and tentative.
(c) Delicate and frail.
(d) Tall and gawky.
9. What is Miss Amelia's demeanor?
10. How long did Miss Amelia's only marriage last?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 10 months.
This section contains 3,347 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)