|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not killed by Candy?
2. What does Hal hear before he finds Frank back in bed?
3. What kind of blood is the blood that was on Frank's shirt?
4. What does Julie want Chen to do?
5. Where does Bobby take Clint as soon as he arrives back at the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
2. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
3. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
4. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
5. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
6. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
7. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
8. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
9. What is odd about Frank's clothing after he teleports?
10. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 3
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)