|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what disability does Clint's wife suffer?
2. What happened to the James Roman's family and his house?
3. What does Candy swear to doing in regard to Frank?
4. What does Hal hear before he finds Frank back in bed?
5. How does Candy find his next clue on where to search for Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
2. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
3. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
4. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
5. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
6. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
7. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
8. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
9. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
10. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Doc Fogarty. In what ways is this character in line with the traditional image of a doctor? In what ways does he contradict the traditional image of a doctor?
Essay Topic 3
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)