|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas feel about the Bad Thing he can feel?
2. What does Clint do while Bobby and Thomas talk?
3. Why does death terrify Thomas?
4. What hunting animal does Violet meld her mind with?
5. Where does Clint take Frank's blood stained shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
2. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
3. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
4. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
5. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
6. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
7. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
8. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
9. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
10. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Doc Fogarty. In what ways is this character in line with the traditional image of a doctor? In what ways does he contradict the traditional image of a doctor?
Essay Topic 3
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)