|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the creature Dr. Manfred examines eat?
2. Why do Julie and Bobby plan on spending the night on the road?
3. Why does Candy get angry with himself for killing Thomas?
4. Which of the following is true about Clint?
5. What kind of blood is the blood that was on Frank's shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
2. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
3. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
4. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
5. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
6. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
7. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
8. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
9. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
10. What is odd about Frank's clothing after he teleports?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)