|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank think will happen to him?
2. What is Chen's profession?
3. Which of Roselle's children was the only one born deformed?
4. What hunting animal does Violet meld her mind with?
5. Who handled the Farris family estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
2. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
3. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
4. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
5. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
6. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
7. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
8. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
9. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
10. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)