|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hal staying with Frank?
2. How does the red light reflection affect Clint?
3. What does Derek promise to do if Thomas tells him the Bad Thing is coming?
4. What do the investigators think might be happening to Frank's body?
5. Which phrase below seems to describe Candy's relationship with his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way were differences in people described throughout the novel? Were these descriptions positive or negative? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)