|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
2. What does Julie want Chen to do?
3. What was the black substance in the jar?
4. What does Clint tell the doctor is dependent on the client's wishes?
5. What animal does Candy eat in the canyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
2. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
3. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
4. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
5. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
6. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
7. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
8. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
9. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
10. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the author foreshadow events throughout the novel? Was the foreshadowing effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 3
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)