|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason Julie wants to stick it out with this case?
2. What does Frank think will happen to him?
3. Where does Lisa tell Clint the black sand reminds her of?
4. What does Thomas see in his vision?
5. Which character dies by falling out of a window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
2. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
3. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
4. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
5. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
6. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
7. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
8. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
9. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
10. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)