|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
2. Where does Clint take Frank's blood stained shirt?
3. What does Thomas equate the Bad Place with?
4. What is the real reason Julie wants to stick it out with this case?
5. What does Candy notice just as he tears into his prey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
2. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
3. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
4. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
5. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
6. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
7. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
8. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
9. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
10. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
Essay Topic 2
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways were disabilities used in the novel? Were they positively or negatively depicted? Support your answer with specific examples from the reading.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)