|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie want Chen to do?
2. Where does Bobby take Clint as soon as he arrives back at the office?
3. Why is Hal staying with Frank?
4. Which of Roselle's children was the only one born deformed?
5. Why does Candy get angry with himself for killing Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
2. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
3. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
4. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
5. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
6. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
7. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
8. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
9. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
10. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of greed portrayed throughout the novel? Which characters were affected by their greed? Do you think this was a realistic portrayal? Why or why not?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)