|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not killed by Candy?
2. What happens to Clint?
3. Why does Doc Fogarty indicate he did not do something about the Pollard family?
4. What type of stones are the red stones?
5. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
2. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
3. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
4. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
5. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
6. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
7. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
8. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
9. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
10. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 2
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
How did the author portray power in the novel? Do you feel this was an accurate representation? Was power necessary for success? Why or why not?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)