|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the red stones come from?
2. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
3. How did showing Frank's picture to the people associated with the fake IDs help?
4. What animal does Candy eat in the canyon?
5. What does Thomas see in his vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
2. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
3. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
4. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
5. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
6. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
7. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
8. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
9. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
10. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 2
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
Essay Topic 3
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)