|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does death terrify Thomas?
2. How does Thomas feel about the Bad Thing he can feel?
3. Despite his disabilities, which of the following is true about Thomas?
4. How does Hal know there is another person who can teleport?
5. What does Clint show his wife that came from Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
2. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
3. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
4. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
5. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
6. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
7. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
8. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
9. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
10. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways were disabilities used in the novel? Were they positively or negatively depicted? Support your answer with specific examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 2
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author represent the idea of working to achieve a dream in this novel? Do you think this is an accurate representation? Why or why not?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)