|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hal hear before he finds Frank back in bed?
2. What disappears with Frank?
3. What does Frank think will happen to him?
4. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
5. What kind of blood is the blood that was on Frank's shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
2. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
3. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
4. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
5. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
6. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
7. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
8. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
9. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
10. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of greed portrayed throughout the novel? Which characters were affected by their greed? Do you think this was a realistic portrayal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Doc Fogarty. In what ways is this character in line with the traditional image of a doctor? In what ways does he contradict the traditional image of a doctor?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)