|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank ask of Hal?
2. What was Frank wearing when he disappeared?
3. What thoughts does Thomas send to Bobby before he dies?
4. Why does Bobby tell Thomas that Julie might not visit him the next week?
5. Why does Thomas hide in his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
2. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
3. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
4. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
5. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
6. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
7. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
8. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
9. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
10. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)