|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank think will happen to him?
2. Which of the following is something Frank has forgotten how to do?
3. What gift do Violet and Verbina have?
4. Which character dies by falling out of a window?
5. How do Bobby and Frank try to trace Frank's identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
2. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
3. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
4. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
5. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
6. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
7. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
8. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
9. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
10. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author develop various characters throughout the novel? Are these positive outlooks? What character portrayals conflict with each other? How?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)