|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Violet and Verbina have?
2. Which of the following words best describes how Derek feels about Thomas's warnings?
3. Why doesn't Frank want to go to sleep in the hospital?
4. Which of the following best describes how Chen reacted to the things that have been happening to Frank?
5. What hunting animal does Violet meld her mind with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
2. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
3. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
4. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
5. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
6. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
7. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
8. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
9. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
10. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)