|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of blood is the blood that was on Frank's shirt?
2. Why is Hal staying with Frank?
3. What type of stones are the red stones?
4. Why does Thomas hide in his bed?
5. Why does death terrify Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
2. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
3. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
4. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
5. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
6. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
7. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
8. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
9. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
10. What is odd about Frank's clothing after he teleports?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author develop various characters throughout the novel? Are these positive outlooks? What character portrayals conflict with each other? How?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)