|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts does Thomas send to Bobby before he dies?
2. Why does Bobby tell Thomas that Julie might not visit him the next week?
3. What animal does Candy eat in the canyon?
4. What does Thomas equate the Bad Place with?
5. Which of the following is true about Clint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
2. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
3. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
4. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
5. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
6. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
7. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
8. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
9. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
10. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way were differences in people described throughout the novel? Were these descriptions positive or negative? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways were disabilities used in the novel? Were they positively or negatively depicted? Support your answer with specific examples from the reading.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)