|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the creature Dr. Manfred examines eat?
2. What makes Thomas happy when he wakes up?
3. What kind of blood is the blood that was on Frank's shirt?
4. What happened to the James Roman's family and his house?
5. What does Candy notice just as he tears into his prey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
2. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
3. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
4. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
5. What is odd about Frank's clothing after he teleports?
6. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
7. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
8. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
9. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
10. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of greed portrayed throughout the novel? Which characters were affected by their greed? Do you think this was a realistic portrayal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)