|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the investigators think might be happening to Frank's body?
2. What does Julie want Chen to do?
3. Where do they find the missing parts of the metal zipper?
4. Why does Bobby tell Thomas that Julie might not visit him the next week?
5. Which phrase below seems to describe Candy's relationship with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
2. What happened to Mrs. Farris, her daughters, and her brother?
3. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
4. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
5. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
6. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
7. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
8. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
9. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
10. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters in the novel were portrayed as victims? Do you agree with this portrayal? Which characters do you believe were truly not victims and made their own decisions? On what do you base this assertion?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)