|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
2. From what disability does Clint's wife suffer?
3. Which of the following is true about Clint?
4. How did showing Frank's picture to the people associated with the fake IDs help?
5. What happens to Clint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
2. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
3. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
4. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
5. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
6. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
7. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
8. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
9. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
10. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author represent the idea of working to achieve a dream in this novel? Do you think this is an accurate representation? Why or why not?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)