|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Violet and Verbina have?
2. Which of the following best describes how Chen reacted to the things that have been happening to Frank?
3. Where does Lisa tell Clint the black sand reminds her of?
4. What does Clint show his wife that came from Frank?
5. What does Thomas see in his vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
2. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
3. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
4. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
5. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
6. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
7. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
8. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
9. What is odd about Frank's clothing after he teleports?
10. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author represent the idea of working to achieve a dream in this novel? Do you think this is an accurate representation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)