|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas equate the Bad Place with?
2. What does Frank think will happen to him?
3. What happened to the James Roman's family and his house?
4. Which phrase below seems to describe Candy's relationship with his mother?
5. Which of the following characters is not killed by Candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
2. What is odd about Frank's clothing after he teleports?
3. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
4. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
5. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
6. What happens to Violet as she goes into the mind of the squirrel while Candy is biting into it?
7. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
8. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
9. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
10. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did the author foreshadow events throughout the novel? Was the foreshadowing effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)