|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the zipper on Frank's pants?
2. What does Frank think will happen to him?
3. What do the investigators think might be happening to Frank's body?
4. What kind of life form does Dr. Manfred identify for Bobby and Clint?
5. From what disability does Clint's wife suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
2. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
3. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
4. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
5. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
6. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
7. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
8. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
9. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
10. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way were differences in people described throughout the novel? Were these descriptions positive or negative? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
How did the author portray power in the novel? Do you feel this was an accurate representation? Was power necessary for success? Why or why not?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)