|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
2. What happens when Candy raises his hands as he is hunting?
3. What does Frank do once he leaves the truck?
4. Why do Julie, Bobby and Frank meet?
5. What does Candy find disgusting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
2. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
3. How is Bobby feeling about his wife and how does he handle these feelings?
4. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
5. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
6. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
7. What do Bobby and Julie find out that Rasmussen is up to in Decodyne?
8. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
9. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
10. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 2
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
Essay Topic 3
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)