|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank seem to be most concerned about?
2. What has finally driven Frank to seek out help from Bobby and Julie?
3. What does Frank carry with him?
4. Where do Bobby and Julie live?
5. What indicates to Frank that he should leave his current location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
2. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
3. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
4. What does Thomas do to try and save his sister?
5. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
6. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
7. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
8. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
9. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
10. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)