|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy believe happened to Samantha?
2. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
3. What pets do Candy's sisters keep?
4. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
5. What does Frank look for when he finally feels safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
2. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
3. What did Frank tell Bobby about the places he teleported him and how did Bobby respond?
4. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
5. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
6. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
7. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
8. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
9. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
10. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Doc Fogarty. In what ways is this character in line with the traditional image of a doctor? In what ways does he contradict the traditional image of a doctor?
Essay Topic 2
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)