|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Frank's reaction at the content of the bag?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Bobby is feeling at this time?
3. Where do Bobby and Julie want to live?
4. Where is Frank Pollard when he wakes up?
5. How does Julie reassure Bobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
2. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
3. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
4. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
5. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
6. What does Frank find when he wakes up in the car?
7. How is Bobby feeling about his wife and how does he handle these feelings?
8. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
9. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
10. How does Bobby's dream about Julie change from the start where it is the ideal life in their new home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the author foreshadow events throughout the novel? Was the foreshadowing effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)