|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bobby know there will be trouble?
2. Who seems to understand Thomas's warnings?
3. How much money is in the bag Frank has?
4. What are Bobby and Julie afraid Rasmussen has stolen?
5. Who does Candy know will be upset with his plans to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
2. What does Frank find when he wakes up in the car?
3. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
4. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
5. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
6. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
7. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
8. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
9. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
10. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author represent the idea of working to achieve a dream in this novel? Do you think this is an accurate representation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)