|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie hope to learn from Rasmussen?
2. Where do Bobby and Julie live?
3. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
4. Who does Candy know will be upset with his plans to kill?
5. What is the only other living thing Frank notices in the alley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
2. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
3. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
4. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
5. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
6. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
7. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
8. How is Bobby feeling about his wife and how does he handle these feelings?
9. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
10. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways were disabilities used in the novel? Were they positively or negatively depicted? Support your answer with specific examples from the reading.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)