|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to understand Thomas's warnings?
2. Why does Candy hunt for animals near his home?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Bobby is feeling at this time?
4. What happens when Candy raises his hands as he is hunting?
5. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
2. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
3. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
4. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
5. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
6. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
7. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
8. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
9. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
10. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
In what way were differences in people described throughout the novel? Were these descriptions positive or negative? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)