|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank think he really is?
2. Which word best describes Frank's reaction at the content of the bag?
3. Where is Frank Pollard when he wakes up?
4. What does Frank seem to be most concerned about?
5. Why does Frank strip the bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
2. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
3. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
4. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
5. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
6. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
7. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
8. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
9. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
10. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways were disabilities used in the novel? Were they positively or negatively depicted? Support your answer with specific examples from the reading.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)