|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Rasumussen?
2. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
3. What is one thing that Rasmussen is afraid of?
4. What type of music do Julie and Bobby enjoy?
5. What does Thomas (Julie's brother) have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
2. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
3. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
4. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
5. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
6. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
7. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
8. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
9. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
10. What does Frank find when he wakes up in the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author develop various characters throughout the novel? Are these positive outlooks? What character portrayals conflict with each other? How?
Essay Topic 2
In what way were differences in people described throughout the novel? Were these descriptions positive or negative? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)