|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie do when Bobby tells her there will be trouble?
2. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
3. How does Candy feel about his brother?
4. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
5. How does Julie reassure Bobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
2. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
3. How is Bobby feeling about his wife and how does he handle these feelings?
4. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
5. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
6. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
7. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
8. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
9. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
10. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author develop various characters throughout the novel? Are these positive outlooks? What character portrayals conflict with each other? How?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of greed portrayed throughout the novel? Which characters were affected by their greed? Do you think this was a realistic portrayal? Why or why not?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)