|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank think he really is?
2. What does Frank use to help him escape?
3. What does Candy consider a gift from his mother?
4. What does Candy find disgusting?
5. What does Frank seem to be most concerned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
2. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
3. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
4. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
5. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
6. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
7. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
8. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
9. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
10. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Doc Fogarty. In what ways is this character in line with the traditional image of a doctor? In what ways does he contradict the traditional image of a doctor?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)