|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Decodyne?
2. What is Bobby Dakota doing as he sits in his van?
3. What does Candy believe happened to Samantha?
4. Where does Thomas tell Julie he can feel badness?
5. What pets do Candy's sisters keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
2. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
3. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
4. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
5. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
6. What does Frank find when he wakes up in the car?
7. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
8. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
9. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
10. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the author foreshadow events throughout the novel? Was the foreshadowing effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)