|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
2. How much money is in the bag Frank has?
3. What seems to knock Thomas to the floor when he opens the window?
4. What did Frankie do that bothers Violet?
5. Who is Frankie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
2. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
3. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
4. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
5. What does Thomas do to try and save his sister?
6. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
7. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
8. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
9. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
10. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of greed portrayed throughout the novel? Which characters were affected by their greed? Do you think this was a realistic portrayal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did the author foreshadow events throughout the novel? Was the foreshadowing effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)