Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates to Frank that he should leave his current location?
2. How does Candy hope to find Frankie?
3. Whose picture is on the documents Frank finds in the bag?
4. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
5. How does Thomas create poems?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
2. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
3. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
4. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
5. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
6. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
7. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
8. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
9. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
10. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
Essay Topic 1
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
Essay Topic 3
In what way were differences in people described throughout the novel? Were these descriptions positive or negative? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)