|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bobby and Julie agree to have the police help them find Rasmussen?
2. How does Frank escape?
3. What do Bobby and Julie want to do while they are still young?
4. What do Bobby and Julie both live for?
5. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
2. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
3. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
4. What does Frank find when he wakes up in the car?
5. How is Bobby feeling about his wife and how does he handle these feelings?
6. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
7. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
8. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
9. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
10. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Doc Fogarty. In what ways is this character in line with the traditional image of a doctor? In what ways does he contradict the traditional image of a doctor?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)