|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to understand Thomas's warnings?
2. What does Thomas refer to his feelings as?
3. What was the name of the file on the discs that Rasmussen had attempted to steal?
4. What is unique about Verbina?
5. Who finds Rasumussen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
2. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
3. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
4. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
5. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
6. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
7. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
8. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
9. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
10. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the author foreshadow events throughout the novel? Was the foreshadowing effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)