|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie like to do after visiting Thomas to bring up her spirits?
2. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
3. Where does Thomas tell Julie he can feel badness?
4. What is unique about Verbina?
5. Where do Bobby and Julie want to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
2. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
3. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
4. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
5. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
6. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
7. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
8. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
9. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
10. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways were disabilities used in the novel? Were they positively or negatively depicted? Support your answer with specific examples from the reading.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)