|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to happen to Julie in Bobby's nightmare?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Bobby is feeling at this time?
3. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
4. How does Frank know that the way he woke up is different than the way he went to sleep?
5. What form of entertainment does Frank engage in before he heads back to the motel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
2. What insights does Julie have about her brother and what does she think will make him happy?
3. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
4. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
5. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
6. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
7. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
8. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
9. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
10. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what way were family relationships described throughout the novel? What relationships seemed to contradict each other? Do you think this was intentional? Why or why not?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)