|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bobby and Julie want to do while they are still young?
2. What does Frank find in his hands when he wakes up in the car?
3. What does Thomas tell Julie about outside?
4. What does Candy consider a gift from his mother?
5. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
2. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
3. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
4. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
5. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
6. What do Bobby and Julie find out that Rasmussen is up to in Decodyne?
7. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
8. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
9. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
10. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Doc Fogarty. In what ways is this character in line with the traditional image of a doctor? In what ways does he contradict the traditional image of a doctor?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)