|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
2. How does Thomas try to communicate with Julie?
3. What are Bobby and Julie afraid Rasmussen has stolen?
4. What are Bobby and Julie discussing as the walk on the beach?
5. What does Frank run into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
2. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
3. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
4. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
5. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
6. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
7. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
8. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
9. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
10. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Bobby and Julie choose a wise course of action when they decided to help Frank? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author develop various characters throughout the novel? Are these positive outlooks? What character portrayals conflict with each other? How?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)