|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates to Frank that he should leave his current location?
2. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
3. What is Decodyne?
4. What happens when Candy raises his hands as he is hunting?
5. Why does Bobby think he should get out of the van?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
2. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
3. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
4. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
5. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
6. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
7. What insights does Julie have about her brother and what does she think will make him happy?
8. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
9. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
10. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what way were differences in people described throughout the novel? Were these descriptions positive or negative? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways could this novel be classified as a horror novel? In what ways could it be classified as a fantasy novel? What genre would you label this novel? Why?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)