|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
2. Why does Candy pray to his mother?
3. What does Frank run into?
4. What has finally driven Frank to seek out help from Bobby and Julie?
5. What do Julie and Bobby hope can happen some day in regards to Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
2. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
3. What insights does Julie have about her brother and what does she think will make him happy?
4. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
5. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
6. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
7. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
8. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
9. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
10. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, many different characters had their own dreams. Choose three characters, describe their dreams, and their ability to achieve them. What idea about dreams is the reader left with at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author represent the idea of working to achieve a dream in this novel? Do you think this is an accurate representation? Why or why not?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)