|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to understand Thomas's warnings?
2. What does Candy believe happened to Samantha?
3. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
4. How does Candy feel about his brother?
5. What does Frank find right away in the bag he is holding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
2. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
3. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
4. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
5. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
6. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
7. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
8. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
9. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
10. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of greed portrayed throughout the novel? Which characters were affected by their greed? Do you think this was a realistic portrayal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)