|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Bobby is feeling at this time?
2. What does Frank seem to be most concerned about?
3. What does Frank use to help him escape?
4. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
5. How does Thomas try to communicate with Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
2. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
3. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
4. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
5. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
6. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
7. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
8. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
9. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
10. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author make the ideas of teleportation and telekinesis seem real? What techniques did he use to help the characters seem realistic and believable to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)