|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candy capture his prey?
2. What does Thomas tell Julie about outside?
3. Why does Julie get angry with Bobby?
4. How does Thomas create poems?
5. What seems to happen to Julie in Bobby's nightmare?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
2. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
3. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
4. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
5. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
6. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
7. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
8. What does Frank find when he wakes up in the car?
9. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
10. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters in the novel were portrayed as victims? Do you agree with this portrayal? Which characters do you believe were truly not victims and made their own decisions? On what do you base this assertion?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the theme of hunter and prey was developed throughout the novel. In what ways was this theme overturned? In what ways was it successful?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)