|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candy capture his prey?
2. What is Decodyne?
3. Where do Bobby and Julie want to live?
4. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
5. What does Frank use to help him escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
2. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
3. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
4. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
5. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
6. What do Bobby and Julie find out that Rasmussen is up to in Decodyne?
7. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
8. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
9. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
10. How does Bobby's dream about Julie change from the start where it is the ideal life in their new home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways were disabilities used in the novel? Were they positively or negatively depicted? Support your answer with specific examples from the reading.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters truly seem to be pure of heart throughout the novel? Which ones seem to be selfishly driven? What theme does this seem to represent? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)