|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candy feel about his brother?
2. Who does Frank think he really is?
3. Why does Bobby think Julie will be sick now that they are home?
4. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
5. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
2. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
3. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
4. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
5. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
6. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
7. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
8. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
9. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
10. What do Bobby and Julie find out that Rasmussen is up to in Decodyne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author represent the idea of working to achieve a dream in this novel? Do you think this is an accurate representation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What part do animals play in this novel? How does the author justify the use of the animals throughout the novel? Do you think this is an appropriate justification? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Did Doc Fogarty behave appropriately? Why? What would you have done if you were the doctor?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)