|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bobby and Julie live?
2. Why is Thomas unable to sleep?
3. What does Frank look for when he finally feels safe?
4. What does Thomas refer to his feelings as?
5. Where is Frank Pollard when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
2. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
3. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
4. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
5. What insights does Julie have about her brother and what does she think will make him happy?
6. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
7. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
8. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
9. How does Frank feel in Chapter eleven and what doe she do because of this feeling?
10. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were Frank how would you have reacted to the situation? Would you have done what he did at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Frank feel that he had no value or purpose in life? Do you agree with his beliefs? In the end, was Frank correct or incorrect? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
How did the author portray power in the novel? Do you feel this was an accurate representation? Was power necessary for success? Why or why not?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)