|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
(a) By connecting with Candy's mind.
(b) Through the eyes of a hawk.
(c) Through the eyes of two of his cats.
(d) Out their bedroom window.
2. Which phrase below seems to describe Candy's relationship with his mother?
(a) He does not understand her.
(b) He worshipped her.
(c) He was afraid of her.
(d) He did not trust her.
3. What do the Phans share with Bobby and Julie about the Farris family?
(a) They all ended up in a mental institution.
(b) They had just moved to the area.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They had bite marks.
4. What hunting animal does Violet meld her mind with?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A cat.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A snake.
5. What does Thomas equate the Bad Place with?
(b) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas feel about the Bad Thing he can feel?
2. What does Candy swear to doing in regard to Frank?
3. How did showing Frank's picture to the people associated with the fake IDs help?
4. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
5. What does Julie want Chen to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
2. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
3. What special gift do Violet and Verbina share?
4. What doe Bobby and Julie think may have happened to the Roman Family?
5. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
6. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
7. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
8. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
9. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
10. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)