|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clint do while Bobby and Thomas talk?
(a) Calls a scientist in Hawaii to examine the sand.
(b) Reads the poems Thomas wrote.
(c) Tries to get back in touch with Frank.
(d) Goes out to walk along the beach.
2. Despite his disabilities, which of the following is true about Thomas?
(a) He is quite articulate.
(b) He conveys his thoughts very well.
(c) He is able to connect with others.
(d) He demonstrates intelligence.
3. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
(a) His sisters see them arrive at Doc Fogarty's house and tell him.
(b) He listens in on the police scanner.
(c) Clint confesses where they were going before he kills himself.
(d) He makes Hal tell him where they were headed.
4. How does Thomas feel about the Bad Thing he can feel?
(a) It angers him.
(b) It horrifies him.
(c) It tempts him.
(d) It surprises him.
5. What does Frank ask of Hal?
(a) He asks him to protect him.
(b) He asks him to go with him.
(c) He begs him to stop him.
(d) He asks him to find Candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clint tell the doctor is dependent on the client's wishes?
2. What happens to Clint?
3. What does Thomas thinks happens to you if you die?
4. Who handled the Farris family estate?
5. What does Candy swear to doing in regard to Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
2. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
3. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
4. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
5. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
6. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
7. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
8. What do the Phans tell Bobby and Julie about George Farris?
9. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
10. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)