|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disability does Clint's wife suffer?
(a) She has Downs Syndrome.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She is a paraplegic.
2. Why does Thomas hide in his bed?
(a) He knows that the Bad Thing is coming for him.
(b) He hears a strange noise.
(c) He is trying to communicate with Bobby again.
(d) He is afraid of the power of the Bad Thing.
3. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
(a) Clint confesses where they were going before he kills himself.
(b) His sisters see them arrive at Doc Fogarty's house and tell him.
(c) He makes Hal tell him where they were headed.
(d) He listens in on the police scanner.
4. Why does Candy get angry with himself for killing Thomas?
(a) He knows the police will be involved now.
(b) He could have used him to lure Julie to him.
(c) He was the only link he had to his mother.
(d) He didn't find out answers before he killed him.
5. What type of stones are the red stones?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doc Fogarty indicate he did not do something about the Pollard family?
2. How do Bobby and Frank try to trace Frank's identity?
3. Which of the following best describes how Chen reacted to the things that have been happening to Frank?
4. Which of the following characters does Candy kill first?
5. How does Candy plan of determining who is trying to find out who he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa tell Bobby and Clint about the black sand and what suggestion does she give them?
2. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
3. What has changed about Frank according to Hal and what steps do the Dakotas take to protect Frank?
4. What happens when Lisa asks Clint out on a date and how does she feel about his response?
5. What is Chen's opinion of using the computer to trace the money Frank has?
6. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
7. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
8. What does Candy wonder about as he lies in bed?
9. Where do Frank and Bobby stop after they jump from place to place trying to stay away from Candy and what does Bobby come to see and realize about this place?
10. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)