|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Frank several times before he returns to the hospital bed for good?
(a) He is bitten and scratched.
(b) He loses his ability to talk.
(c) He disappears and returns several times.
(d) He finds many more red stones.
2. What do the investigators think might be happening to Frank's body?
(a) It is not reconstructing with everything in the correct place.
(b) Teleportation is killing him.
(c) It is being attacked while he is in these other locations.
(d) The fear and stress are causing him to have serious health problems.
3. What kind of blood is the blood that was on Frank's shirt?
4. What does Clint do while Bobby and Thomas talk?
(a) Goes out to walk along the beach.
(b) Tries to get back in touch with Frank.
(c) Reads the poems Thomas wrote.
(d) Calls a scientist in Hawaii to examine the sand.
5. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
(a) Through the eyes of two of his cats.
(b) By connecting with Candy's mind.
(c) Through the eyes of a hawk.
(d) Out their bedroom window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Candy harm the Dakotas?
2. Why does Bobby tell Thomas that Julie might not visit him the next week?
3. Why do Julie and Bobby plan on spending the night on the road?
4. Where do they find the missing parts of the metal zipper?
5. What is Chen's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hal begins to hear flute-like music?
2. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
3. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
4. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
5. How does Candy find Frank and Bobby?
6. What is Thomas's biggest fear?
7. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
8. What does Thomas know about the Bad Thing and what does he do when he senses it close?
9. What promise does Dr. Manfred make to Clint?
10. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)