|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters does Candy have?
2. What does Frank find right away in the bag he is holding?
(a) A book.
3. Whose picture is on the documents Frank finds in the bag?
(a) Someone who he recognizes but cannot name.
(b) No ones.
(d) A man he does not recognize.
4. What does Thomas refer to his feelings as?
(a) The Night.
(b) The TV.
(c) The Dream.
(d) The Bad Thing.
5. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
(a) He is used to being up at night.
(b) He is waiting.
(c) He has amnesia.
(d) He is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candy kill people?
2. Which word best describes Frank's reaction at the content of the bag?
3. Why does Candy hunt for animals near his home?
4. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
5. How does Thomas create poems?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
2. What does Frank do after he has been driving for awhile and why does he choose now to do it?
3. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
4. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
5. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
6. What is Candy appalled to learn from Violet?
7. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
8. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
9. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
10. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)