|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Candy capture his prey?
(a) The light shows where the animals are hiding, so he can grab them.
(b) The animals are attracted to the light and run to him.
(c) He lies in wait until he sees an animal and then grabs it.
(d) As the animals run from the shaking earth, he grabs them.
2. What type of music do Julie and Bobby enjoy?
3. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
(a) People calling him by many different names.
(b) Flutes in the wind.
(c) Fireflies in a windstorm.
(d) Blue light pulses chasing him.
4. Whose picture is on the documents Frank finds in the bag?
(b) A man he does not recognize.
(c) Someone who he recognizes but cannot name.
(d) No ones.
5. How does Frank know that the way he woke up is different than the way he went to sleep?
(a) The scratches on his face are still bleeding.
(b) He remembers looking at himself in the mirror before he went to sleep.
(c) There is no sign of blood outside of the room.
(d) The busy motel would not have let him get a room with blood on his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
2. What does Thomas (Julie's brother) have?
3. What was the name of the file on the discs that Rasmussen had attempted to steal?
4. What is Decodyne?
5. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank want to leave the alleyway?
2. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
3. What pledge does Candy make while he is at his mother's grave?
4. What experience do Violet and Verbina have with the hawk and how do they share this experience?
5. What insights does Julie have about her brother and what does she think will make him happy?
6. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
7. What does Frank find when he wakes up in the car?
8. What information do Dr. Manfred and his colleague share with Bobby and Clint about the insect he was to dissect?
9. Describe Bobby and Julie's living situation and why it is this way.
10. How does Frank learn who he was and how does he feel when he learns the truth?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)