Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates to Frank that he should leave his current location?
(a) He hears a voice calling to him to escape.
(b) The sound of flutes
(c) He sees a man enter the same place as he is.
(d) A blue light pulse.
2. How does Candy hope to find Frankie?
(a) By waiting for him to return.
(b) By following his footsteps.
(c) By getting a sense of him from where he stood outside.
(d) By using the cats to track his scent.
3. Whose picture is on the documents Frank finds in the bag?
(b) A man he does not recognize.
(c) Someone who he recognizes but cannot name.
(d) No ones.
4. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
(a) Fireflies in a windstorm.
(b) Flutes in the wind.
(c) Blue light pulses chasing him.
(d) People calling him by many different names.
5. How does Thomas create poems?
(a) Through words.
(b) Through pictures.
(c) Through songs.
(d) Through movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby want Julie to do to help with his feelings of uneasiness?
2. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
3. Why does Candy pray to his mother?
4. What does Thomas refer to his feelings as?
5. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frank opens up the door to the abandoned car he finds and what does this cause to happen?
2. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
3. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
4. What realization does Frank come to based on how he feels after teleporting in the hospital?
5. What does Julie say to Rasmussen when she gets the chance to interview him?
6. How does Violet react to her brother's anger directed to her?
7. How does Thomas feel about death and why does he feel this way?
8. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
9. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
10. What does the jeweler tell Bobby about the red stones?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)