|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
(a) Just a few blocks.
(b) For a few hours.
(c) For a few miles.
(d) Until the truck stops.
2. Why does Bobby think he should get out of the van?
(a) He is afraid it will explode.
(b) He needs to find out who tried to kill him.
(c) He needs to check to see how Julie is doing.
(d) He has lost contact with Rasmussen.
3. Who is Frankie?
(a) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's brother.
(b) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's neighbor.
(c) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's father.
(d) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's friend.
4. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) Further away from the city he woke up in.
(c) To a motel.
(d) To the police.
5. Why does Candy go out into the night?
(a) To hunt.
(b) To find his brother.
(c) To protect his sisters.
(d) To get food for the cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture is on the documents Frank finds in the bag?
2. How does Thomas create poems?
3. Why do Bobby and Julie agree to have the police help them find Rasmussen?
4. Why does Julie get angry with Bobby?
5. What seems to knock Thomas to the floor when he opens the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
2. How does Bobby's dream about Julie change from the start where it is the ideal life in their new home?
3. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
4. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
5. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
6. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
7. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
8. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
9. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
10. What do the police find while searching for Rasmussen?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)