|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frankie?
(a) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's neighbor.
(b) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's father.
(c) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's brother.
(d) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's friend.
2. Who does Candy know will be upset with his plans to kill?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His deceased brothers.
(d) His deceased mother.
3. What does Candy consider a gift from his mother?
(a) His sisters.
(b) His awareness of his surroundings.
(c) The plentiful amount of blood available to him.
(d) The fact that he is still alive.
4. Where does Thomas tell Julie he can feel badness?
(a) On his mind.
(b) In his heart.
(c) In his head.
(d) On his skin.
5. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
(c) His life.
(d) What happened to Bobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thomas unable to sleep?
2. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
3. Why does Julie get angry with Bobby?
4. What does Frank run into?
5. What does Candy believe happened to Samantha?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
2. What is different about Frank when he wakes up in the motel room?
3. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
4. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
5. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
6. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
7. What does Bobby do when he hears gunfire and what happens when it stops?
8. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
9. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
10. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)