|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank strip the bed?
(a) He wants to wash the sheets himself.
(b) The sheets irritate his scratches.
(c) He can't sleep on blood stained sheets.
(d) He has never had sheets before.
2. Whose picture is on the documents Frank finds in the bag?
(b) A man he does not recognize.
(c) Someone who he recognizes but cannot name.
(d) No ones.
3. How does Frank escape?
(a) He holds onto the tailgate of a van.
(b) He dives into a body of water.
(c) He opens a window and climbs out on the roof.
(d) He hides under some debris.
4. What is unique about Verbina?
(a) She never speaks.
(b) She does not like animals.
(c) She is older than Violet.
(d) She is always ill.
5. What form of entertainment does Frank engage in before he heads back to the motel?
(a) He goes for a run.
(b) He goes to a movie.
(c) He goes to a fair.
(d) He goes to a park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Rasumussen?
2. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
3. Where do Bobby and Julie want to live?
4. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
5. Why do Bobby and Julie agree to have the police help them find Rasmussen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Candy doing when he leaves his house and what part is he doing to please his mother?
2. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
3. What does Frank find as he does a complete search of the bag he has been carrying?
4. What does Frank find as he searches his own pockets and unzips the bag?
5. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
6. What does Bobby say to Julie to reassure her that she is a good person?
7. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
8. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
9. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
10. After Bobby and Julie make love, what sudden feeling does Bobby get and how does he respond to this feeling?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)