|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frankie?
(a) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's friend.
(b) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's brother.
(c) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's father.
(d) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's neighbor.
2. What does Frank find in his hands when he wakes up in the car?
(b) Black sand.
(d) More money.
3. How many sisters does Candy have?
4. What did Frankie do that bothers Violet?
(a) He broke into the house.
(b) He hurt Candy.
(c) He tried to talk to Verbina.
(d) He killed a cat.
5. Why does Bobby think Julie will be sick now that they are home?
(a) She could not eat all day.
(b) The adrenaline rush is over.
(c) She does not like their new home.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates to Frank that he should leave his current location?
2. Why does Candy hunt for animals near his home?
3. What do Bobby and Julie want to do while they are still young?
4. How does Candy kill people?
5. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy do with a woman that is the same as what he used to do with his own mother?
2. What does Thomas find strange about his connection to Bobby and Julie and his ability to convey his thoughts and feelings?
3. What does Julie see when she drives toward Bobby and what does she do?
4. How does Frank try to rationalize his inability to sleep and then what does he eventually admit is the true reason for this inability?
5. What does Thomas do after he is knocked down to the floor?
6. What does Frank do after he jumps out of the window of the abandoned apartment complex and what does he hope to learn?
7. Describe both of Candy's sisters.
8. What leads Bobby to tell Julie about his fears and how does she respond?
9. What did Thomas try to tell Julie when she visited him and how did this work for him?
10. What does Frank see as he looks out the window of the abandoned apartment complex he has chosen as his hiding place?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)