|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
(a) He listens in on the police scanner.
(b) His sisters see them arrive at Doc Fogarty's house and tell him.
(c) Clint confesses where they were going before he kills himself.
(d) He makes Hal tell him where they were headed.
2. What happened to the zipper on Frank's pants?
(a) It is made out of fabric.
(b) There are no teeth.
(c) Some of the teeth turned to rubber.
(d) It is completely missing.
3. Why do Bobby and Julie believe the Roman family was burned?
(a) To throw them off of track.
(b) To cover up the family's crimes.
(c) To hide the bite marks.
(d) To make it less suspicious.
4. What does Julie want Chen to do?
(a) Protect her brother, Thomas.
(b) Hypnotize Frank.
(c) Place a tracking device on Frank.
(d) Trace the money.
5. Which of Roselle's children was the only one born deformed?
6. Which phrase below seems to describe Candy's relationship with his mother?
(a) He was afraid of her.
(b) He does not understand her.
(c) He did not trust her.
(d) He worshipped her.
7. What does Candy notice just as he tears into his prey?
(a) He sees his sisters walking toward him.
(b) He feels a good presence nearby.
(c) He feels someone touch his head.
(d) He senses his mother's approval.
8. What is Dr. Manfred's role?
(a) He is to stop Frank's sleep walking.
(b) He is to identify the insect Frank had.
(c) He is to help Candy track down Frank.
(d) He is to consult on Frank's case with Bobby and Julie.
9. Where does Candy go to weep?
(a) His mother's grave.
(b) Frankie's bedroom.
(c) Deep into the canyon.
(d) His bedroom.
10. How does Hal know there is another person who can teleport?
(a) Frank heard the same flute-like music before the blue light came after him.
(b) Frank told them he knows of one other person who can do it.
(c) Julie remembers Thomas talking about such a man.
(d) A man suddenly appeared in Frank's bed while he was gone.
11. What hunting animal does Violet meld her mind with?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A cat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A coyote.
12. Which of the following characters is not killed by Candy?
13. Why does death terrify Thomas?
(a) Because he doesn't know anyone who died.
(b) Because you can't come back from death.
(c) Because his parents died.
(d) Because he doesn't understand it.
14. What kind of blood is the blood that was on Frank's shirt?
15. Why does Clint say he won't go out with Lisa?
(a) He has to get to the lab.
(b) He is married.
(c) He doesn't date co-workers.
(d) He is gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Candy harm the Dakotas?
2. What does the creature Dr. Manfred examines eat?
3. Where do the red stones come from?
4. Where do they find the missing parts of the metal zipper?
5. What type of stones are the red stones?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)