|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas feel about the Bad Thing he can feel?
(a) It angers him.
(b) It surprises him.
(c) It horrifies him.
(d) It tempts him.
2. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
(a) Out their bedroom window.
(b) By connecting with Candy's mind.
(c) Through the eyes of a hawk.
(d) Through the eyes of two of his cats.
3. What disappears with Frank?
(a) Metal bed rail.
(c) His bag.
(d) All of the red stones.
4. Where do the red stones come from?
(a) No one can tell them.
(b) The creature makes them from dirt.
(c) Blood dries into them.
5. What was the black substance in the jar?
(a) Black soot.
(b) Burnt bones.
(c) Black sand.
6. How does Candy plan of determining who is trying to find out who he is?
(a) He plans on using his mind.
(b) He plans on surprising them.
(c) He plans on lying in wait.
(d) He plans on creating a trap for them.
7. Why is Hal staying with Frank?
(a) To complete a report on his behavior.
(b) To prevent him from leaving.
(c) To keep him from sleepwalking.
(d) To protect Frank.
8. What thoughts does Thomas send to Bobby before he dies?
(a) Thoughts about how sad it was to go to the Bad Place.
(b) Thoughts as to where Candy was.
(c) Thoughts that he never would see Julie again.
(d) Thoughts that the Bad Thing is coming and to save Julie.
9. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
(a) Clint confesses where they were going before he kills himself.
(b) He listens in on the police scanner.
(c) His sisters see them arrive at Doc Fogarty's house and tell him.
(d) He makes Hal tell him where they were headed.
10. Who handled the Farris family estate?
(a) Frank Pollard.
(c) James Roman.
(d) George's brother.
11. What happened to James Roman?
(a) He was murdered with his family.
(b) He died in a hunting accident.
(c) He died in a helicopter crash.
(d) He disappeared.
12. What type of stones are the red stones?
13. Which of the following characters does Candy kill first?
14. What does Frank ask of Hal?
(a) He begs him to stop him.
(b) He asks him to protect him.
(c) He asks him to go with him.
(d) He asks him to find Candy.
15. Why is Frank in the hospital?
(a) He will undergo hypnosis.
(b) They are going to monitor him while he sleeps.
(c) They believe he is mentally unstable.
(d) He needs to have the scratches treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Chen reacted to the things that have been happening to Frank?
2. What is Chen's profession?
3. Why might Candy harm the Dakotas?
4. What happens to Frank several times before he returns to the hospital bed for good?
5. Which phrase below seems to describe Candy's relationship with his mother?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)