|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas thinks happens to you if you die?
(a) You go to the Bad Place.
(b) You are in a sort of limbo.
(c) You go to heaven.
(d) The Evil thing wins.
2. What happens to Frank several times before he returns to the hospital bed for good?
(a) He finds many more red stones.
(b) He disappears and returns several times.
(c) He loses his ability to talk.
(d) He is bitten and scratched.
3. What type of stones are the red stones?
4. What does Clint do while Bobby and Thomas talk?
(a) Goes out to walk along the beach.
(b) Reads the poems Thomas wrote.
(c) Tries to get back in touch with Frank.
(d) Calls a scientist in Hawaii to examine the sand.
5. Why does Bobby tell Thomas that Julie might not visit him the next week?
(a) Because of the things Frank has done.
(b) Because of the Bad Thing.
(c) Because of the case they are working on.
(d) Because she has to go to Hawaii.
6. What does Candy swear to doing in regard to Frank?
(a) Killing him and anyone that helps him.
(b) Burying him next to his mother.
(c) Finding him.
(d) Getting revenge with him.
7. Which of the following is true about Clint?
(a) He seems to have many disabilities like Thomas.
(b) He communicates only when necessary.
(c) He is often rude.
(d) He is a spy.
8. Why does Doc Fogarty indicate he did not do something about the Pollard family?
(a) He did not know what to do.
(b) He had no way to stop anything that was happening.
(c) He enjoyed watching the horror they created.
(d) It was not his job.
9. What happens to Clint?
(a) He is killed by Candy.
(b) Candy shoots him.
(c) He lives through the attack.
(d) He kills himself.
10. From what disability does Clint's wife suffer?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She is a paraplegic.
(c) She has Downs Syndrome.
(d) She is deaf.
11. Why does Clint say he won't go out with Lisa?
(a) He doesn't date co-workers.
(b) He is married.
(c) He has to get to the lab.
(d) He is gay.
12. Where do the red stones come from?
(a) No one can tell them.
(c) Blood dries into them.
(d) The creature makes them from dirt.
13. What hunting animal does Violet meld her mind with?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A snake.
(d) A cat.
14. Which of the following best describes how Chen reacted to the things that have been happening to Frank?
(a) He is unfazed.
(b) He does not believe the stories.
(c) He is shocked and in disbelief.
(d) He says he knows others like Frank.
15. What disappears with Frank?
(a) Metal bed rail.
(b) All of the red stones.
(c) His bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase below seems to describe Candy's relationship with his mother?
2. Where does Candy go to weep?
3. What thoughts does Thomas send to Bobby before he dies?
4. Where do they find the missing parts of the metal zipper?
5. Why does death terrify Thomas?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)