|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Candy eat in the canyon?
2. What does the creature Dr. Manfred examines eat?
3. What does Thomas see in his vision?
(a) His own death.
(b) Julie being swallowed by a wave.
(c) Bobby running toward Julie who is dying.
(d) Derek dead in his bed with scissors in his stomach.
4. Why do Bobby and Julie believe the Roman family was burned?
(a) To make it less suspicious.
(b) To hide the bite marks.
(c) To throw them off of track.
(d) To cover up the family's crimes.
5. Where does Lisa tell Clint the black sand reminds her of?
(b) A volcano.
6. Which of the following is true about Clint?
(a) He seems to have many disabilities like Thomas.
(b) He is often rude.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He communicates only when necessary.
7. Despite his disabilities, which of the following is true about Thomas?
(a) He is able to connect with others.
(b) He is quite articulate.
(c) He demonstrates intelligence.
(d) He conveys his thoughts very well.
8. Why does Thomas hide in his bed?
(a) He knows that the Bad Thing is coming for him.
(b) He is afraid of the power of the Bad Thing.
(c) He is trying to communicate with Bobby again.
(d) He hears a strange noise.
9. What happened to James Roman?
(a) He died in a hunting accident.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He was murdered with his family.
(d) He died in a helicopter crash.
10. What does Thomas equate the Bad Place with?
(a) His sister.
11. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
(a) By connecting with Candy's mind.
(b) Out their bedroom window.
(c) Through the eyes of two of his cats.
(d) Through the eyes of a hawk.
12. How does Candy find his next clue on where to search for Frank?
(a) Candy can sense the places Frank has been.
(b) He gets a clue when he touches Thomas's book of poetry.
(c) His sisters tell him the cats see Frank.
(d) Frank sends him a vision.
13. How does the red light reflection affect Clint?
(a) It causes him to pass out.
(b) It leads him to try and figure out what it is.
(c) It makes him think his wife is pretty.
(d) It upsets him.
14. Where do they find the missing parts of the metal zipper?
(a) In his pants.
(b) In his shirt.
(c) In his shoe.
(d) In his knee.
15. What does Candy notice just as he tears into his prey?
(a) He senses his mother's approval.
(b) He feels a good presence nearby.
(c) He sees his sisters walking toward him.
(d) He feels someone touch his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not killed by Candy?
2. What disappears with Frank?
3. What does Clint do while Bobby and Thomas talk?
4. Why does Candy get angry with himself for killing Thomas?
5. Why doesn't Frank want to go to sleep in the hospital?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)