|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lisa tell Clint the black sand reminds her of?
(a) A volcano.
2. What happens to Clint?
(a) Candy shoots him.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He lives through the attack.
(d) He is killed by Candy.
3. Where does Candy go to weep?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) Frankie's bedroom.
(c) Deep into the canyon.
(d) His mother's grave.
4. How did showing Frank's picture to the people associated with the fake IDs help?
(a) It didn't, no one recognized him.
(b) They all knew him as Frank.
(c) It was found out that he was George's brother.
(d) One person thought they knew him, but couldn't recall how.
5. Which of the following words best describes how Derek feels about Thomas's warnings?
6. Why is Hal staying with Frank?
(a) To complete a report on his behavior.
(b) To keep him from sleepwalking.
(c) To protect Frank.
(d) To prevent him from leaving.
7. Why do Bobby and Julie believe the Roman family was burned?
(a) To throw them off of track.
(b) To cover up the family's crimes.
(c) To hide the bite marks.
(d) To make it less suspicious.
8. How does Candy find Bobby, Julie and Frank?
(a) Clint confesses where they were going before he kills himself.
(b) He listens in on the police scanner.
(c) His sisters see them arrive at Doc Fogarty's house and tell him.
(d) He makes Hal tell him where they were headed.
9. How does Candy find his next clue on where to search for Frank?
(a) Frank sends him a vision.
(b) Candy can sense the places Frank has been.
(c) His sisters tell him the cats see Frank.
(d) He gets a clue when he touches Thomas's book of poetry.
10. Where does Clint take Frank's blood stained shirt?
(a) To the office.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To his house.
(d) To a lab.
11. What happens to Frank several times before he returns to the hospital bed for good?
(a) He loses his ability to talk.
(b) He finds many more red stones.
(c) He disappears and returns several times.
(d) He is bitten and scratched.
12. What does Hal notice right before Frank is gone?
(a) A blue light.
(b) A drip.
(c) A noise.
(d) The wind pick up.
13. Why does Bobby tell Thomas that Julie might not visit him the next week?
(a) Because of the Bad Thing.
(b) Because she has to go to Hawaii.
(c) Because of the things Frank has done.
(d) Because of the case they are working on.
14. How does Hal know there is another person who can teleport?
(a) A man suddenly appeared in Frank's bed while he was gone.
(b) Julie remembers Thomas talking about such a man.
(c) Frank heard the same flute-like music before the blue light came after him.
(d) Frank told them he knows of one other person who can do it.
15. How does Thomas feel about the Bad Thing he can feel?
(a) It tempts him.
(b) It horrifies him.
(c) It surprises him.
(d) It angers him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift do Violet and Verbina have?
2. What does Clint tell the doctor is dependent on the client's wishes?
3. What does Frank ask of Hal?
4. What is Dr. Manfred's role?
5. Why do Julie and Bobby plan on spending the night on the road?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)