|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Derek feels about Thomas's warnings?
2. What is Dr. Manfred's role?
(a) He is to identify the insect Frank had.
(b) He is to consult on Frank's case with Bobby and Julie.
(c) He is to stop Frank's sleep walking.
(d) He is to help Candy track down Frank.
3. Why does Bobby tell Thomas that Julie might not visit him the next week?
(a) Because of the things Frank has done.
(b) Because of the case they are working on.
(c) Because she has to go to Hawaii.
(d) Because of the Bad Thing.
4. What happens to Frank several times before he returns to the hospital bed for good?
(a) He loses his ability to talk.
(b) He is bitten and scratched.
(c) He disappears and returns several times.
(d) He finds many more red stones.
5. Where does Bobby take Clint as soon as he arrives back at the office?
(a) To the lab for test results.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the residential home where Thomas lived.
(d) To a jeweler to have the stones examined.
6. How do Bobby and Frank try to trace Frank's identity?
(a) Through a computer.
(b) Through DNA.
(c) Through his dreams.
(d) Through public records.
7. Why does Thomas hide in his bed?
(a) He is trying to communicate with Bobby again.
(b) He hears a strange noise.
(c) He is afraid of the power of the Bad Thing.
(d) He knows that the Bad Thing is coming for him.
8. How does Hal know there is another person who can teleport?
(a) Frank heard the same flute-like music before the blue light came after him.
(b) Julie remembers Thomas talking about such a man.
(c) A man suddenly appeared in Frank's bed while he was gone.
(d) Frank told them he knows of one other person who can do it.
9. How do Violet and Verbina watch Candy attack his prey?
(a) Out their bedroom window.
(b) Through the eyes of two of his cats.
(c) Through the eyes of a hawk.
(d) By connecting with Candy's mind.
10. Why do Julie and Bobby plan on spending the night on the road?
(a) To investigate Frank's past.
(b) To stay away from Candy.
(c) To lead Candy away from Thomas.
(d) To find a way to protect Frank.
11. What does Derek promise to do if Thomas tells him the Bad Thing is coming?
(c) Take away the scissors.
12. How does the red light reflection affect Clint?
(a) It leads him to try and figure out what it is.
(b) It upsets him.
(c) It makes him think his wife is pretty.
(d) It causes him to pass out.
13. What does Thomas see in his vision?
(a) Julie being swallowed by a wave.
(b) Bobby running toward Julie who is dying.
(c) His own death.
(d) Derek dead in his bed with scissors in his stomach.
14. Which of Roselle's children was the only one born deformed?
15. Where do the red stones come from?
(b) No one can tell them.
(c) The creature makes them from dirt.
(d) Blood dries into them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clint tell the doctor is dependent on the client's wishes?
2. What does Frank think will happen to him?
3. Which of the following is something Frank has forgotten how to do?
4. What kind of life form does Dr. Manfred identify for Bobby and Clint?
5. What was the black substance in the jar?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)