|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of entertainment does Frank engage in before he heads back to the motel?
(a) He goes to a fair.
(b) He goes to a park.
(c) He goes to a movie.
(d) He goes for a run.
2. What does Thomas tell Julie about outside?
(a) He says that it is bad outside.
(b) He says that it is dangerous outside.
(c) He says that it is now scary outside.
(d) He says that it is unkind outside.
3. What do Bobby and Julie both live for?
(a) The need.
(b) The life.
(c) The dream.
(d) The want.
4. How does Candy capture his prey?
(a) The light shows where the animals are hiding, so he can grab them.
(b) He lies in wait until he sees an animal and then grabs it.
(c) The animals are attracted to the light and run to him.
(d) As the animals run from the shaking earth, he grabs them.
5. Why does Bobby think he should get out of the van?
(a) He needs to find out who tried to kill him.
(b) He has lost contact with Rasmussen.
(c) He needs to check to see how Julie is doing.
(d) He is afraid it will explode.
6. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
(a) Blue light pulses chasing him.
(b) Flutes in the wind.
(c) People calling him by many different names.
(d) Fireflies in a windstorm.
7. What type of music do Julie and Bobby enjoy?
8. How does Frank know that the way he woke up is different than the way he went to sleep?
(a) The scratches on his face are still bleeding.
(b) He remembers looking at himself in the mirror before he went to sleep.
(c) There is no sign of blood outside of the room.
(d) The busy motel would not have let him get a room with blood on his clothes.
9. How does Thomas try to communicate with Julie?
10. Which of the following terms best describes how Bobby is feeling at this time?
11. What is one thing that Rasmussen is afraid of?
12. What is Bobby Dakota doing as he sits in his van?
(a) Video taping his wife on vacation.
(c) Conducting surveillance.
(d) Looking at a map for directions.
13. How does Thomas create poems?
(a) Through songs.
(b) Through words.
(c) Through pictures.
(d) Through movements.
14. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
15. Where do Bobby and Julie want to live?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In another country.
(c) On a beach.
(d) On a lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sisters does Candy have?
2. What do Bobby and Julie want to do while they are still young?
3. What does Frank run into?
4. What does Frank find right away in the bag he is holding?
5. How does Frank escape?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)