|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank find in his hands when he wakes up in the car?
(a) More money.
(b) Black sand.
2. What does Candy believe happened to Samantha?
(a) She went off with Frankie.
(b) She is hiding with the cats.
(c) He can't figure it out.
(d) The cats and his sisters ate her.
3. How does Julie reassure Bobby?
(a) She takes him for a long walk.
(b) She rubs him on the head.
(c) She tells him she will stay with him.
(d) She lets him sit on her lap.
4. What does Julie hope to learn from Rasmussen?
(a) Who hired him.
(b) Why he wanted the discs.
(c) Where he hid the discs.
(d) Why he fired at Bobby.
5. What does Frank seem to be most concerned about?
(a) His wife.
(b) His safety.
(c) The bag.
(d) His job.
6. Why does Candy hunt for animals near his home?
(a) He prefers to use animal blood.
(b) He does not want to leave his sisters.
(c) It is the most convenient place for him.
(d) To kill others would arouse the suspicion of the police.
7. What has finally driven Frank to seek out help from Bobby and Julie?
(a) He does not feel safe again and hopes they can find out to protect him.
(b) He thinks that he is losing his mind.
(c) He tried to stay awake, but couldn't and woke up with more unexplained things.
(d) He had a dream of his own death.
8. Why do Bobby and Julie agree to have the police help them find Rasmussen?
(a) Bobby is not strong enough.
(b) They do not have enough evidence to arrest him.
(c) The police are already there.
(d) He may be armed.
9. What is the only other living thing Frank notices in the alley?
(a) A woman.
(b) A rat.
(c) Another man.
(d) A cat.
10. How does Thomas try to communicate with Julie?
11. What are Bobby and Julie discussing as the walk on the beach?
(a) Thomas's warnings.
(b) The Dream.
(c) Their next case.
(d) The Company.
12. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) Further away from the city he woke up in.
(d) To the police.
13. What is unique about Verbina?
(a) She does not like animals.
(b) She is older than Violet.
(c) She never speaks.
(d) She is always ill.
14. What does Thomas tell Julie about outside?
(a) He says that it is now scary outside.
(b) He says that it is bad outside.
(c) He says that it is unkind outside.
(d) He says that it is dangerous outside.
15. How does Candy capture his prey?
(a) As the animals run from the shaking earth, he grabs them.
(b) The animals are attracted to the light and run to him.
(c) He lies in wait until he sees an animal and then grabs it.
(d) The light shows where the animals are hiding, so he can grab them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas tell Julie he can feel badness?
2. What does Frank hear in the wind?
3. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
4. How does Candy hope to find Frankie?
5. Where does Bobby's dream take place?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)