|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Candy kill people?
(a) He smothers them while they are sleeping.
(b) He shoots them while they are sleeping.
(c) He pours sand in their mouths.
(d) He bites their necks and drinks their blood.
2. Who does Candy know will be upset with his plans to kill?
(a) His deceased mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His deceased brothers.
3. How does Julie reassure Bobby?
(a) She tells him she will stay with him.
(b) She rubs him on the head.
(c) She takes him for a long walk.
(d) She lets him sit on her lap.
4. How does Candy capture his prey?
(a) As the animals run from the shaking earth, he grabs them.
(b) The light shows where the animals are hiding, so he can grab them.
(c) He lies in wait until he sees an animal and then grabs it.
(d) The animals are attracted to the light and run to him.
5. What did Frankie do that bothers Violet?
(a) He tried to talk to Verbina.
(b) He broke into the house.
(c) He hurt Candy.
(d) He killed a cat.
6. How does Candy feel about his brother?
(a) He needs him.
(b) He doesn't understand him.
(c) He misses him.
(d) He hates him.
7. Why does Candy tell Violet he will hurt Frankie?
(a) Because of what he does to Violet and Verbina.
(b) Because of what he did to their mother.
(c) Because of what he did to Candy.
(d) Because of what he did to the cats.
8. What is Decodyne?
(a) A gun shop.
(b) A car dealership.
(c) A surveillance company.
(d) A computer company.
9. How many different identities does Frank find in the bag?
10. What happens when Candy raises his hands as he is hunting?
(a) The air stills and a red glow permeates around him.
(b) A roar of water comes down between his legs.
(c) The wind blows louder and stronger.
(d) A blue light comes from his fingers and the ground shakes.
11. Who does Frank think he really is?
(a) Frank Pollard.
(b) George Farris.
(c) James Roman.
(d) Tom Rasmussen.
12. Why do Julie, Bobby and Frank meet?
(a) They both know Thomas.
(b) They end up staying at the same motel.
(c) They are all walking on the beach together.
(d) Frank wants to hire them.
13. What do Bobby and Julie want to do while they are still young?
(b) Be successful.
(c) Have children.
(d) Move to a new place.
14. What does Julie like to do after visiting Thomas to bring up her spirits?
(a) Go for a walk on the beach.
(b) Go out to eat.
(c) Go dancing.
(d) Go home and relax.
15. How does Candy hope to find Frankie?
(a) By getting a sense of him from where he stood outside.
(b) By using the cats to track his scent.
(c) By following his footsteps.
(d) By waiting for him to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
2. Why does Candy go out into the night?
3. What does Julie find when she reaches Bobby's van?
4. How many sisters does Candy have?
5. What seems to happen to Julie in Bobby's nightmare?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)