|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bobby and Julie discussing as the walk on the beach?
(a) The Dream.
(b) The Company.
(c) Their next case.
(d) Thomas's warnings.
2. What is unique about Verbina?
(a) She is older than Violet.
(b) She never speaks.
(c) She is always ill.
(d) She does not like animals.
3. What does Frank seem to be most concerned about?
(a) His wife.
(b) His job.
(c) His safety.
(d) The bag.
4. Where does Frank decide to go after he wakes up finding the black sand in his hand?
(a) To the police.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) Further away from the city he woke up in.
(d) To a motel.
5. What is Bobby Dakota doing as he sits in his van?
(b) Looking at a map for directions.
(c) Video taping his wife on vacation.
(d) Conducting surveillance.
6. What do Julie and Bobby hope can happen some day in regards to Thomas?
(a) He can come to live with them.
(b) He can learn to read.
(c) He can move to a nicer facility.
(d) He can overcome his illness.
7. What does Frank find in his hands when he wakes up in the car?
(a) More money.
(c) Black sand.
8. Why do Julie, Bobby and Frank meet?
(a) Frank wants to hire them.
(b) They are all walking on the beach together.
(c) They end up staying at the same motel.
(d) They both know Thomas.
9. What does Frank hear in the wind?
(a) Police sirens.
(b) People calling his name.
(c) Strange flute like music.
(d) Screams for help.
10. Who seems to understand Thomas's warnings?
11. Why does Candy go out into the night?
(a) To protect his sisters.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To get food for the cats.
(d) To find his brother.
12. Why does Candy hunt for animals near his home?
(a) He does not want to leave his sisters.
(b) He prefers to use animal blood.
(c) To kill others would arouse the suspicion of the police.
(d) It is the most convenient place for him.
13. What does Frank carry with him?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A book.
(c) A sealed envelope.
(d) A flight bag.
14. How does Bobby know Julie?
(a) They do not know each other.
(b) They are partners.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They work together.
15. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
2. How does Candy kill people?
3. How does Candy feel about his brother?
4. What has finally driven Frank to seek out help from Bobby and Julie?
5. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)