|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Candy hunt for animals near his home?
(a) To kill others would arouse the suspicion of the police.
(b) He does not want to leave his sisters.
(c) He prefers to use animal blood.
(d) It is the most convenient place for him.
2. What is unique about Verbina?
(a) She never speaks.
(b) She is older than Violet.
(c) She does not like animals.
(d) She is always ill.
3. What does Frank hear in the wind?
(a) Strange flute like music.
(b) People calling his name.
(c) Police sirens.
(d) Screams for help.
4. What seems to knock Thomas to the floor when he opens the window?
(a) An unknown force.
(c) A sense of evil.
5. How many different identities does Frank find in the bag?
6. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
7. Where does Bobby's dream take place?
(a) At Julie and his current home.
(b) At the computer company.
(c) In the house he and Julie will one day live inside.
(d) At the place where Thomas lives.
8. What pets do Candy's sisters keep?
9. What does Thomas tell Julie about outside?
(a) He says that it is now scary outside.
(b) He says that it is unkind outside.
(c) He says that it is bad outside.
(d) He says that it is dangerous outside.
10. What does Julie find when she reaches Bobby's van?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is bleeding profusely.
(c) He is unharmed.
(d) He is unconscious.
11. How does Candy capture his prey?
(a) As the animals run from the shaking earth, he grabs them.
(b) The animals are attracted to the light and run to him.
(c) The light shows where the animals are hiding, so he can grab them.
(d) He lies in wait until he sees an animal and then grabs it.
12. What form of entertainment does Frank engage in before he heads back to the motel?
(a) He goes for a run.
(b) He goes to a fair.
(c) He goes to a movie.
(d) He goes to a park.
13. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
(a) He is waiting.
(b) He has amnesia.
(c) He is used to being up at night.
(d) He is afraid.
14. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
(a) Their mother was responsible.
(b) Everyone in his family has special gifts.
(c) He is the only family member who has special gifts.
(d) He is the most gifted member of his family.
15. What was the name of the file on the discs that Rasmussen had attempted to steal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Decodyne?
2. Who does Frank think he really is?
3. How many sisters does Candy have?
4. What does Candy consider a gift from his mother?
5. What does Frank carry with him?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)