|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Verbina?
(a) She is older than Violet.
(b) She does not like animals.
(c) She never speaks.
(d) She is always ill.
2. What seems to knock Thomas to the floor when he opens the window?
(b) An unknown force.
(c) A sense of evil.
3. How does Candy kill people?
(a) He bites their necks and drinks their blood.
(b) He smothers them while they are sleeping.
(c) He pours sand in their mouths.
(d) He shoots them while they are sleeping.
4. What form of entertainment does Frank engage in before he heads back to the motel?
(a) He goes for a run.
(b) He goes to a movie.
(c) He goes to a park.
(d) He goes to a fair.
5. Why does Candy tell Violet he will hurt Frankie?
(a) Because of what he does to Violet and Verbina.
(b) Because of what he did to their mother.
(c) Because of what he did to Candy.
(d) Because of what he did to the cats.
6. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He has amnesia.
(c) He is used to being up at night.
(d) He is waiting.
7. What does Frank use to help him escape?
(a) A man and his wife.
(b) An unlocked car.
(c) A police cruiser.
(d) A skateboard.
8. How does Thomas create poems?
(a) Through pictures.
(b) Through words.
(c) Through movements.
(d) Through songs.
9. Why does Bobby think he should get out of the van?
(a) He has lost contact with Rasmussen.
(b) He needs to check to see how Julie is doing.
(c) He needs to find out who tried to kill him.
(d) He is afraid it will explode.
10. Which word best describes Frank's reaction at the content of the bag?
11. Why does Bobby think Julie will be sick now that they are home?
(a) She could not eat all day.
(b) The adrenaline rush is over.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She does not like their new home.
12. Where does Bobby's dream take place?
(a) In the house he and Julie will one day live inside.
(b) At the computer company.
(c) At the place where Thomas lives.
(d) At Julie and his current home.
13. How does Bobby know Julie?
(a) They are partners.
(b) They do not know each other.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They work together.
14. What do Bobby and Julie want to do while they are still young?
(a) Be successful.
(b) Have children.
(c) Move to a new place.
15. Who does Candy know will be upset with his plans to kill?
(a) His deceased mother.
(b) His deceased brothers.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Rasumussen?
2. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
3. How many sisters does Candy have?
4. What is the only other living thing Frank notices in the alley?
5. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)