|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frank Pollard when he wakes up?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) An alley.
(c) A diner.
(d) His driveway.
2. What does Candy consider a gift from his mother?
(a) His sisters.
(b) The plentiful amount of blood available to him.
(c) The fact that he is still alive.
(d) His awareness of his surroundings.
3. What form of entertainment does Frank engage in before he heads back to the motel?
(a) He goes to a park.
(b) He goes to a fair.
(c) He goes to a movie.
(d) He goes for a run.
4. Why is Thomas unable to sleep?
(a) He continues to have a bad feeling.
(b) He wants to go to visit the beach.
(c) He is worried about Julie.
(d) He didn't get to finish his poem.
5. Why does Candy pray to his mother?
(a) For strength.
(b) For forgiveness.
(c) For love.
(d) For support.
6. What does Thomas (Julie's brother) have?
(b) Mental retardation.
(c) Mental health issues.
(d) Down's syndrome.
7. How many sisters does Candy have?
8. What do Julie and Bobby hope can happen some day in regards to Thomas?
(a) He can learn to read.
(b) He can overcome his illness.
(c) He can move to a nicer facility.
(d) He can come to live with them.
9. What does Frank hear in the wind?
(a) Police sirens.
(b) People calling his name.
(c) Strange flute like music.
(d) Screams for help.
10. What does Frank look for when he finally feels safe?
(a) A place to rest.
(d) Phone contacts.
11. What indicates to Frank that he should leave his current location?
(a) He sees a man enter the same place as he is.
(b) He hears a voice calling to him to escape.
(c) The sound of flutes
(d) A blue light pulse.
12. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
(b) What happened to Bobby.
(d) His life.
13. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
(a) Fireflies in a windstorm.
(b) People calling him by many different names.
(c) Blue light pulses chasing him.
(d) Flutes in the wind.
14. Who is Frankie?
(a) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's neighbor.
(b) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's friend.
(c) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's brother.
(d) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's father.
15. Why does Candy go out into the night?
(a) To find his brother.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To get food for the cats.
(d) To protect his sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie hope to learn from Rasmussen?
2. What does Thomas tell Julie about outside?
3. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
4. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
5. How does Bobby know Julie?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)