|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
(a) Flutes in the wind.
(b) People calling him by many different names.
(c) Blue light pulses chasing him.
(d) Fireflies in a windstorm.
2. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
3. Where is Frank Pollard when he wakes up?
(a) An alley.
(b) A diner.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) His driveway.
4. What does Frank run into?
(a) An abandoned school building.
(b) An abandoned van.
(c) An abandoned store.
(d) An abandoned apartment complex.
5. What does Frank find in his hands when he wakes up in the car?
(a) Black sand.
(c) More money.
6. What happens when Candy raises his hands as he is hunting?
(a) A roar of water comes down between his legs.
(b) The wind blows louder and stronger.
(c) A blue light comes from his fingers and the ground shakes.
(d) The air stills and a red glow permeates around him.
7. What does Candy consider a gift from his mother?
(a) His sisters.
(b) The plentiful amount of blood available to him.
(c) The fact that he is still alive.
(d) His awareness of his surroundings.
8. How does Frank know that the way he woke up is different than the way he went to sleep?
(a) He remembers looking at himself in the mirror before he went to sleep.
(b) The busy motel would not have let him get a room with blood on his clothes.
(c) There is no sign of blood outside of the room.
(d) The scratches on his face are still bleeding.
9. How does Julie reassure Bobby?
(a) She lets him sit on her lap.
(b) She takes him for a long walk.
(c) She rubs him on the head.
(d) She tells him she will stay with him.
10. What does Frank use to help him escape?
(a) A police cruiser.
(b) An unlocked car.
(c) A man and his wife.
(d) A skateboard.
11. Where does Thomas tell Julie he can feel badness?
(a) On his mind.
(b) In his head.
(c) In his heart.
(d) On his skin.
12. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
(a) For a few hours.
(b) Until the truck stops.
(c) Just a few blocks.
(d) For a few miles.
13. How does Candy kill people?
(a) He smothers them while they are sleeping.
(b) He bites their necks and drinks their blood.
(c) He pours sand in their mouths.
(d) He shoots them while they are sleeping.
14. Which of the following terms best describes how Bobby is feeling at this time?
15. How does Thomas create poems?
(a) Through pictures.
(b) Through movements.
(c) Through songs.
(d) Through words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie hope to learn from Rasmussen?
2. What seems to happen to Julie in Bobby's nightmare?
3. What does Frank seem to be most concerned about?
4. What was the name of the file on the discs that Rasmussen had attempted to steal?
5. Which word best describes Frank's reaction at the content of the bag?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)