|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
(a) His life.
(c) What happened to Bobby.
2. Where do Bobby and Julie live?
3. What does Frank find right away in the bag he is holding?
(b) A book.
4. How does Candy capture his prey?
(a) He lies in wait until he sees an animal and then grabs it.
(b) The animals are attracted to the light and run to him.
(c) As the animals run from the shaking earth, he grabs them.
(d) The light shows where the animals are hiding, so he can grab them.
5. How does Candy hope to find Frankie?
(a) By following his footsteps.
(b) By using the cats to track his scent.
(c) By waiting for him to return.
(d) By getting a sense of him from where he stood outside.
6. What does Julie do when Bobby tells her there will be trouble?
(a) She leaves the scene.
(b) She takes down Rasmussen.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She comes to his rescue.
7. How does Thomas try to communicate with Julie?
8. Where do Bobby and Julie want to live?
(a) On a beach.
(b) In another country.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On a lake.
9. What does Candy consider a gift from his mother?
(a) His awareness of his surroundings.
(b) The plentiful amount of blood available to him.
(c) The fact that he is still alive.
(d) His sisters.
10. What does Thomas (Julie's brother) have?
(a) Down's syndrome.
(c) Mental health issues.
(d) Mental retardation.
11. Whose picture is on the documents Frank finds in the bag?
(a) A man he does not recognize.
(b) Someone who he recognizes but cannot name.
(c) No ones.
12. Why does Candy tell Violet he will hurt Frankie?
(a) Because of what he did to their mother.
(b) Because of what he does to Violet and Verbina.
(c) Because of what he did to Candy.
(d) Because of what he did to the cats.
13. What does Julie like to do after visiting Thomas to bring up her spirits?
(a) Go out to eat.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Go for a walk on the beach.
(d) Go home and relax.
14. What does Bobby want Julie to do to help with his feelings of uneasiness?
(a) Stop working completely.
(b) Work in the office for awhile.
(c) Go and stay with Thomas.
(d) Work from home.
15. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candy believe happened to Samantha?
2. Which of the following is the best descriptor of Rasmussen?
3. Why does Julie get angry with Bobby?
4. What are Bobby and Julie afraid Rasmussen has stolen?
5. What seems to happen to Julie in Bobby's nightmare?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)