|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank truly believe he is unable to sleep?
(a) He is used to being up at night.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He has amnesia.
(d) He is waiting.
2. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
(a) Fireflies in a windstorm.
(b) People calling him by many different names.
(c) Blue light pulses chasing him.
(d) Flutes in the wind.
3. What does Julie think Thomas is talking about when he talks about the badness?
(a) What happened to Bobby.
(d) His life.
4. What does Julie like to do after visiting Thomas to bring up her spirits?
(a) Go for a walk on the beach.
(b) Go out to eat.
(c) Go dancing.
(d) Go home and relax.
5. Who is Frankie?
(a) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's friend.
(b) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's brother.
(c) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's neighbor.
(d) Candy, Verbina, and Violet's father.
6. How many sisters does Candy have?
7. Who does Candy ask Violet about when he returns from being outside?
8. Where do Bobby and Julie live?
9. What does Frank use to help him escape?
(a) A man and his wife.
(b) A police cruiser.
(c) An unlocked car.
(d) A skateboard.
10. What does Frank find in his hands when he wakes up in the car?
(a) More money.
(d) Black sand.
11. What does Julie hope to learn from Rasmussen?
(a) Why he wanted the discs.
(b) Why he fired at Bobby.
(c) Where he hid the discs.
(d) Who hired him.
12. Which of the following is not true according to Candy?
(a) He is the only family member who has special gifts.
(b) He is the most gifted member of his family.
(c) Their mother was responsible.
(d) Everyone in his family has special gifts.
13. Why is Julie cautious about accepting Frank as a client?
(a) Because she thinks he is not being honest with them.
(b) Because Thomas warned her about him.
(c) Because of the things he has described doing in his sleep.
(d) Because she wants to avoid dangerous situations now.
14. What does Julie find when she reaches Bobby's van?
(a) He is unharmed.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is bleeding profusely.
(d) He is dead.
15. What has finally driven Frank to seek out help from Bobby and Julie?
(a) He had a dream of his own death.
(b) He tried to stay awake, but couldn't and woke up with more unexplained things.
(c) He thinks that he is losing his mind.
(d) He does not feel safe again and hopes they can find out to protect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bobby and Julie discussing as the walk on the beach?
2. What is unique about Verbina?
3. How does Bobby know Julie?
4. How does Thomas try to communicate with Julie?
5. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)