|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas tell Julie he can feel badness?
(a) In his head.
(b) On his mind.
(c) On his skin.
(d) In his heart.
2. What does Frank hear in the wind?
(a) Screams for help.
(b) Strange flute like music.
(c) Police sirens.
(d) People calling his name.
3. What seems to happen to Julie in Bobby's nightmare?
(a) She is killed by an unseen force in front of him.
(b) She flies off with a stranger.
(c) She appears to be swallowed by the sea.
(d) She falls off a cliff.
4. Who does Frank think he really is?
(a) James Roman.
(b) Tom Rasmussen.
(c) Frank Pollard.
(d) George Farris.
5. What are Bobby and Julie discussing as the walk on the beach?
(a) The Dream.
(b) Their next case.
(c) Thomas's warnings.
(d) The Company.
6. What does Julie do when Bobby tells her there will be trouble?
(a) She leaves the scene.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She takes down Rasmussen.
(d) She comes to his rescue.
7. Why is Thomas unable to sleep?
(a) He is worried about Julie.
(b) He wants to go to visit the beach.
(c) He continues to have a bad feeling.
(d) He didn't get to finish his poem.
8. How long does Frank stay in the truck?
(a) For a few miles.
(b) Until the truck stops.
(c) Just a few blocks.
(d) For a few hours.
9. What does Thomas tell Julie about outside?
(a) He says that it is bad outside.
(b) He says that it is dangerous outside.
(c) He says that it is unkind outside.
(d) He says that it is now scary outside.
10. What does Frank look for when he finally feels safe?
(b) Phone contacts.
(d) A place to rest.
11. How does Julie reassure Bobby?
(a) She tells him she will stay with him.
(b) She takes him for a long walk.
(c) She lets him sit on her lap.
(d) She rubs him on the head.
12. What do Julie and Bobby hope can happen some day in regards to Thomas?
(a) He can come to live with them.
(b) He can move to a nicer facility.
(c) He can learn to read.
(d) He can overcome his illness.
13. What are Frank's last thoughts of as he falls asleep in the car?
(a) Blue light pulses chasing him.
(b) Flutes in the wind.
(c) Fireflies in a windstorm.
(d) People calling him by many different names.
14. Why does Candy hunt for animals near his home?
(a) To kill others would arouse the suspicion of the police.
(b) He prefers to use animal blood.
(c) He does not want to leave his sisters.
(d) It is the most convenient place for him.
15. What is unique about Verbina?
(a) She is always ill.
(b) She never speaks.
(c) She does not like animals.
(d) She is older than Violet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas create poems?
2. What type of music do Julie and Bobby enjoy?
3. How does Frank escape?
4. How does Candy feel about his brother?
5. What does Frank find right away in the bag he is holding?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)