|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
(d) No one.
2. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) She is unemployed.
(b) She is a baker's helper.
(c) At the post office in Stonelift.
(d) She works at the local bank.
3. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
(a) To see her lawyer.
(b) To a job interview.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) To her parents' home to borrow money.
4. Who has a weak heart?
5. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Two couples in the story.
(c) Four siblings.
(d) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
2. Who adopts Désirée?
3. What does Clarisse not miss?
4. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
5. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
2. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
3. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
4. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
5. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
6. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
7. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
8. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
9. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
10. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)