|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
(a) It is about the weather in Greece.
(b) It predicts a change in the economic future.
(c) It is about an urgent meeting the next day.
(d) It has something written in code that she cannot read.
2. Who is Gouvernail?
(a) Mrs. Baroda's sister-in-law.
(b) Mrs. Baroda's sister.
(c) A college friend of Gaston's.
(d) Gaston's sister.
3. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) For her political connections.
(c) His father forced him to do so.
(d) For her money.
4. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That she should come home immediately.
(b) That he is ill.
(c) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
(d) That he wants a divorce.
5. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(b) Two couples in the story.
(c) Four siblings.
(d) Four friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
2. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
3. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
4. What is Louise imagining in her room?
5. Who does Gabriel kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
2. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
3. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
4. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
5. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
6. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
7. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
8. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
9. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
10. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)