|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
(a) It predicts a change in the economic future.
(b) It is about the weather in Greece.
(c) It has something written in code that she cannot read.
(d) It is about an urgent meeting the next day.
2. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she hates her husband.
(b) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(c) That she is black.
(d) That she does not want Armand.
3. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Kills Armand.
(b) Goes to live with her parents.
(c) Kills herself and her baby.
(d) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
4. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
(a) Because she is surly.
(b) Because she steals from her employer.
(c) Because she is late almost every day.
(d) For doing unauthorized actions.
5. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She learns she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
2. What disgusts Gabriel?
3. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
4. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
5. Who is Gouvernail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
2. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
3. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
4. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
5. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
6. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
7. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
8. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
9. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
10. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)