|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
(a) About Mrs. Sommers' male visitors.
(b) About Mrs. Sommers' deceased husband.
(c) About Mrs. Sommers' better days.
(d) About Mrs. Sommers' old world family.
2. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) She works at the local bank.
(b) At the post office in Stonelift.
(c) She is a baker's helper.
(d) She is unemployed.
3. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(d) New Orleans.
4. Who is the successful planter?
(d) Alcée Laballière
5. Who does Gabriel kill?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
2. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
3. What does Alcée write to his wife?
4. What frightens Calixta?
5. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
2. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
3. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
4. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
5. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
6. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
7. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
8. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
9. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
10. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)