|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a weak heart?
2. How does Louise die?
(a) Her husband kills her when he learns she celebrated his passing.
(b) She does not die.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) As a passenger in the train wreck.
3. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(b) Stay with him no matter what.
(c) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
4. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Four siblings.
(c) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(d) Two couples in the story.
5. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) His father forced him to do so.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) For her money.
(d) For her political connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
2. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
3. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
4. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
5. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
2. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
3. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
4. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
5. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
6. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
7. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
8. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
9. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
10. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)