|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elodie not tell Gabriel?
(a) That a knife is in his other coat.
(b) That Everson comes to her and he is not dead.
(c) That Everson talks to the sheriff.
(d) That she robs Everson.
2. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
(b) No one.
3. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
(a) The needs of her children.
(b) The cruel gossip.
(c) Finding a husband.
(d) Finding a job.
5. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
(a) Because she steals from her employer.
(b) Because she is surly.
(c) For doing unauthorized actions.
(d) Because she is late almost every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
2. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
3. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
4. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
5. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
2. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
3. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
4. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
5. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
6. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
7. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
8. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
9. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
10. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)