|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
(a) Attracted to him.
(b) That he does not respect her.
(c) Repulsed by him.
(d) That he is not human.
2. What do Calixta and Alcée do?
(a) Pick berries.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Make love.
3. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) At Friedheimer's store.
(b) Under a rock ledge.
(c) In a sea cave.
(d) In a barn.
4. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(a) New Orleans.
5. Who is the successful planter?
(b) Alcée Laballière
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Evariste save?
2. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
3. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
4. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
5. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
2. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
3. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
4. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
5. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
6. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
7. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
8. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
9. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
10. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)