|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
(a) To see her lawyer.
(b) A fancy restaurant.
(c) To a job interview.
(d) To her parents' home to borrow money.
2. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
(a) Attracted to him.
(b) Repulsed by him.
(c) That he is not human.
(d) That he does not respect her.
3. What does Clarisse not miss?
(a) Her days of social obligations.
(b) The injustice of the social system in the South.
(c) Intimacy with Alcée.
(d) The heat of New Orleans.
4. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
(c) Alcée Laballière.
(d) A hobo.
5. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
(a) One of them is ill.
(b) To help with the cotton picking.
(c) There is a family wedding.
(d) To avoid being around Gouvernail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
2. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
3. How does Gabriel die?
4. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
5. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
2. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
3. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
4. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
5. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
6. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
7. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
8. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
9. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
10. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)