|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has not yet given a response.
(b) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(c) She has said no.
(d) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
2. How does Gabriel die?
(a) He does not die.
(b) A mob.
(c) A fall from his horse.
3. What is one other Chopin piece in which Gouvernail appears?
(a) "Désirée's Baby."
(b) "A Pair of Silk Stockings."
(c) The Awakening.
(d) "A Gentleman of Bayou Têche."
4. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her political connections.
(c) His father forced him to do so.
(d) Because he loves her.
5. Who does Evariste save?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Sublet.
(c) Mr. Sublet's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
3. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
4. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
5. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
2. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
3. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
4. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
5. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
6. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
7. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
8. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
9. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
10. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)