|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one other Chopin piece in which Gouvernail appears?
(a) "Désirée's Baby."
(b) "A Pair of Silk Stockings."
(c) The Awakening.
(d) "A Gentleman of Bayou Têche."
2. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
(a) It is about an urgent meeting the next day.
(b) It is about the weather in Greece.
(c) It predicts a change in the economic future.
(d) It has something written in code that she cannot read.
3. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
(c) That he wants a divorce.
(d) That she should come home immediately.
4. Who is the successful planter?
(c) Alcée Laballière
5. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
(a) Alcée Laballière.
(b) A hobo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louise die?
2. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
3. What does Clarisse not miss?
4. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
5. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
2. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
3. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
4. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
5. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
6. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
7. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
8. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
9. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
10. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)