|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(a) His cross.
(b) His gold teeth.
(c) His watch and money.
2. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 1000 dollars.
(c) 50 dollars.
(d) 15 dollars.
3. What does Clarisse not miss?
(a) The injustice of the social system in the South.
(b) The heat of New Orleans.
(c) Intimacy with Alcée.
(d) Her days of social obligations.
4. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
(a) Elizabeth Stock.
(b) Elizabeth Stock's mother.
(c) Elizabeth Stock's father.
(d) Elizabeth Stock's sister.
5. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
(a) Repulsed by him.
(b) That he is not human.
(c) Attracted to him.
(d) That he does not respect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
2. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
3. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
4. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
5. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)