|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That her children would disappear.
(b) That her husband would return to her.
(c) That the ride would never end.
(d) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
2. Who is the successful planter?
(b) Alcée Laballière
3. Who does Evariste save?
(b) No one.
(c) Mr. Sublet.
(d) Mr. Sublet's son.
4. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Evariste Bonamour.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Evan Martinette.
5. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) She is not relieved.
(b) Because her brother survives the accident.
(c) Because her father survives the train accident.
(d) Because she is a free woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alcée write to his wife?
2. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
3. What frightens Calixta?
4. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
5. Who has a weak heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
2. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
3. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
4. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
5. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
6. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
7. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
8. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
9. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
10. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)