|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
2. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
(a) About Mrs. Sommers' better days.
(b) About Mrs. Sommers' old world family.
(c) About Mrs. Sommers' deceased husband.
(d) About Mrs. Sommers' male visitors.
3. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
(a) Elizabeth Stock's mother.
(b) Elizabeth Stock's sister.
(c) Elizabeth Stock.
(d) Elizabeth Stock's father.
4. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(b) Four siblings.
(c) Four friends.
(d) Two couples in the story.
5. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In Greece.
(b) In the South.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In the dry Southwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
2. What does Elodie take from Everson?
3. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
4. What does Alcée write to his wife?
5. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)