|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Humiliate him.
(d) Kill him.
2. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four siblings.
(b) Two couples in the story.
(c) Four friends.
(d) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
3. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter what.
(b) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(d) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
4. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Washington, D. C.
5. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
(a) Sticks by her.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Divorces her.
(d) Withdraws his affections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
2. What disgusts Gabriel?
3. Who is the successful planter?
4. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
5. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
2. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
3. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
4. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
5. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
6. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
7. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
8. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
9. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
10. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)