|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gouvernail?
(a) Mrs. Baroda's sister.
(b) Gaston's sister.
(c) A college friend of Gaston's.
(d) Mrs. Baroda's sister-in-law.
2. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Evan Martinette.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Evariste Bonamour.
3. Who does Gabriel kill?
(b) No one.
4. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
(d) No one.
5. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
(a) 15 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 1000 dollars.
(d) 50 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
2. What frightens Calixta?
3. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
4. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
5. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
2. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
3. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
4. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
5. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
6. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
7. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
8. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
9. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
10. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)