|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
(b) No one.
2. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Two couples in the story.
(c) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(d) Four siblings.
3. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
(a) That she has no emotions.
(b) That she is different.
(c) That she is insane.
(d) That she still does not love him.
4. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) Under a rock ledge.
(b) At Friedheimer's store.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a sea cave.
5. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her political connections.
(b) His father forced him to do so.
(c) For her money.
(d) Because he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
2. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
3. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
4. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
5. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
2. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
3. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
4. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
5. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
6. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
7. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
8. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
9. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
10. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)