|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the successful planter?
(d) Alcée Laballière
2. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That her husband would return to her.
(b) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
(c) That the ride would never end.
(d) That her children would disappear.
3. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
4. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
(a) The way his friends laughed when he told them who he planned to marry.
(b) A saying his mother told him on his wedding day.
(c) A slave his father once had to retrieve.
(d) Going to market.
5. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
(a) It has something written in code that she cannot read.
(b) It is about an urgent meeting the next day.
(c) It is about the weather in Greece.
(d) It predicts a change in the economic future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
2. Who has a weak heart?
3. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
4. What disgusts Gabriel?
5. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
2. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
3. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
4. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
5. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
6. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
7. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
8. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
9. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
10. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)