|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(b) Stay with him no matter what.
(d) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
2. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because her brother survives the accident.
(b) She is not relieved.
(c) Because she is a free woman.
(d) Because her father survives the train accident.
3. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To borrow her horse.
(c) For her to bake him a cake.
(d) To marry her.
4. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
(a) A rogue.
(c) A 'Cadian.
(d) A gentleman.
5. What is one other Chopin piece in which Gouvernail appears?
(a) "Désirée's Baby."
(b) The Awakening.
(c) "A Gentleman of Bayou Têche."
(d) "A Pair of Silk Stockings."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adopts Désirée?
2. Who has a weak heart?
3. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
4. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
5. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
2. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
3. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
4. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
5. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
6. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
7. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
8. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
9. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
10. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)