|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
(a) A saying his mother told him on his wedding day.
(b) A slave his father once had to retrieve.
(c) The way his friends laughed when he told them who he planned to marry.
(d) Going to market.
2. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
(b) No one.
3. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Humiliate him.
(c) Make him famous.
(d) Torture him.
4. Who has a weak heart?
5. Who adopts Désirée?
(a) Her father's parents.
(b) The Valmondé family.
(c) Her mother's older sister and her husband.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
2. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
3. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
4. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
5. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
2. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
3. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
4. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
5. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
6. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
7. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
8. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
9. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
10. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)