|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) At Friedheimer's store.
(b) In a sea cave.
(c) Under a rock ledge.
(d) In a barn.
2. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She learns she is pregnant.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
3. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She thinks is it a great idea.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She objects.
4. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because her brother survives the accident.
(b) Because she is a free woman.
(c) Because her father survives the train accident.
(d) She is not relieved.
5. Who does Gabriel kill?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Evariste save?
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
3. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
4. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
5. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
2. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
3. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
4. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
5. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
6. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
7. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
8. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
9. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
10. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)