|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Calixta?
(a) The hobo starts acting strange.
(b) Lightening strikes the house.
(c) Bobinôt is late.
(d) Lightning striking a tree.
2. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
(a) It is about an urgent meeting the next day.
(b) It predicts a change in the economic future.
(c) It has something written in code that she cannot read.
(d) It is about the weather in Greece.
3. Who is the successful planter?
(c) Alcée Laballière
4. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
(a) The laundress.
(b) The cook.
(c) Her brother.
5. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her political connections.
(b) His father forced him to do so.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) For her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
2. What does Elodie take from Everson?
3. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
4. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
5. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)