|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
(a) About Mrs. Sommers' male visitors.
(b) About Mrs. Sommers' better days.
(c) About Mrs. Sommers' deceased husband.
(d) About Mrs. Sommers' old world family.
2. Who adopts Désirée?
(a) No one.
(b) The Valmondé family.
(c) Her father's parents.
(d) Her mother's older sister and her husband.
3. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In Greece.
(c) In the dry Southwest.
(d) In the South.
4. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That he wants a divorce.
(b) That she should come home immediately.
(c) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
(d) That he is ill.
5. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elodie take from Everson?
2. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
3. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
4. What is one other Chopin piece in which Gouvernail appears?
5. What does Elodie not tell Gabriel?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)