|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four siblings.
(b) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(c) Four friends.
(d) Two couples in the story.
2. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
(b) She does not follow him.
(c) To keep him out of mischief.
(d) Because she loves him.
3. How does Gabriel die?
(a) A fall from his horse.
(b) A mob.
(c) He does not die.
4. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Kills Armand.
(b) Kills herself and her baby.
(c) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
(d) Goes to live with her parents.
5. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In the South.
(c) In Greece.
(d) In the dry Southwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gouvernail?
2. Who does Evariste save?
3. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
4. Who is the successful planter?
5. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
2. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
3. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
4. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
5. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
6. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
7. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
8. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
9. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
10. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)