|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the successful planter?
(b) Alcée Laballière
2. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Washington, D. C.
3. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her maid.
4. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
(a) A stack of books.
(b) Silk stockings.
(c) Chocolate for the children.
(d) Clothes for the children.
5. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She learns she is pregnant.
(d) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
2. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
3. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
4. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
5. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
2. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
3. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
4. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
5. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
6. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
7. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
8. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
9. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
10. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)