|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That he wants a divorce.
(b) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
(c) That she should come home immediately.
(d) That he is ill.
2. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) Under a rock ledge.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a sea cave.
(d) At Friedheimer's store.
3. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
(b) No one.
4. Who does Evariste save?
(a) Mr. Sublet.
(b) No one.
(d) Mr. Sublet's son.
5. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
(a) The cruel gossip.
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) Finding a job.
(d) The needs of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elodie take from Everson?
2. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
3. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
4. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
5. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
2. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
3. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
4. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
5. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
6. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
7. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
8. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
9. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
10. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)