|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
(a) Elizabeth Stock.
(b) Elizabeth Stock's father.
(c) Elizabeth Stock's mother.
(d) Elizabeth Stock's sister.
2. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Evariste Bonamour.
(c) Evan Martinette.
(d) A police officer.
3. Who is Gouvernail?
(a) Gaston's sister.
(b) A college friend of Gaston's.
(c) Mrs. Baroda's sister-in-law.
(d) Mrs. Baroda's sister.
4. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That she should come home immediately.
(b) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
(c) That he wants a divorce.
(d) That he is ill.
5. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
2. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
3. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
4. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
5. What does Clarisse not miss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
2. What is the difference between Calixta and Clarissa?
3. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
4. Why does Mr. Sublet change his attitude towards Evariste?
5. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
6. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
7. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
8. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
9. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
10. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)