|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louise die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) As a passenger in the train wreck.
(c) She does not die.
(d) Her husband kills her when he learns she celebrated his passing.
2. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has said no.
(b) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(c) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(d) She has not yet given a response.
3. What disgusts Gabriel?
(a) That his fiance sleeps with another man.
(b) That he killed a man.
(c) That he killed Elodie.
(d) What Elodie has done.
4. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
(a) The needs of her children.
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) The cruel gossip.
(d) Finding a job.
5. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) To keep him out of mischief.
(b) She does not follow him.
(c) Because she loves him.
(d) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
2. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
3. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
4. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
5. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gabriel tell Tnate Elodie and what does she say in response?
2. What changes everything for Athénaïse and what does she do?
3. How does Mrs. Baroda feel towards Gourvernail at the opening of the story, and what does she do as a result?
4. How does Elizabeth help Mr. Brightman?
5. How does Mrs. Baroda's feelings alter towards Gouvernail and what does she do?
6. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
7. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
8. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
9. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
10. How does Calixta become involved with Alcée Laballière?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)