|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the character seem?
2. What does the character keep doing?
(a) Looking further and further into the outside world.
(b) Crawling under its blankets.
(c) Falling asleep.
3. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
(a) On a cavalry officer.
(b) On a farmer boy.
(c) On a minister.
(d) On a school teacher.
4. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(b) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) Why Robert went to Mexico.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is not home.
(b) Edna is still awake.
(c) Edna is in the hammock.
(d) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
2. What will Edna do before she moves?
3. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
4. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
5. What warms the character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the creature finally do?
2. What happens between Robert and Edna by the end of Chapter 35?
3. What does Madame worry about concerning Robert and Edna?
4. Describe Edna's last swim.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
6. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
7. Why does Edna go to Madame Antoine's home?
8. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
9. Describe Mildred's first meeting with the "farm worker."
10. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)