|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Drops her baby.
(b) Falls down the stairs.
(c) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(d) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
2. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
(a) His father is ill.
(b) His latest business venture is failing.
(c) His wife has become badly sunburned.
(d) His mother is ill.
3. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A decorative plate.
(b) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(c) A vase.
(d) Her vows.
4. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
(a) A friend of Edna's father.
(b) The resort owner.
(c) The resort manager.
(d) A wealthy, successful businessman.
5. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) His love for Edna.
(b) Pressure from Edna's husband.
(c) Pressure from his brother.
(d) Pressure from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
2. What does Léonce fear about Edna?
3. What does Mildred decide to do?
4. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
5. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
2. How does Edna plan to pay for her move?
3. What is the creature's situation like at the opening of the story?
4. Describe Mildred's first meeting with the "farm worker."
5. How is Edna's life changing?
6. How does Léonce Pontellier treat his sunburned wife?
7. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
8. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
9. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
10. How does Edna feel about living in the pigeon house?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)