|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(c) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(d) Why Robert went to Mexico.
2. What does the character keep doing?
(a) Looking further and further into the outside world.
(b) Crawling under its blankets.
(c) Falling asleep.
3. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Juan.
4. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
(a) Robert's cousin.
(b) Léonce Pontellier's mistress.
(c) Edna's friend.
(d) Robert's fiance.
5. What happens by accident one day?
(a) The fire gets too hot.
(b) The lamp burns out.
(c) The sun does not shine.
(d) The cage door is left open.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the character respond to the accident?
2. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
4. Of what does Robert often daydream?
5. How does the character seem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
2. What story does Edna tell and how does she explain knowing of the story?
3. What does the creature finally do?
4. About what do Edna and her father argue and what does her father say to Léonce?
5. Why do Edna and her husband argue and what does each do?
6. What does Louise Mallard learn and how does she learn of it?
7. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
8. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
9. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
10. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)