|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) Her husband who is in a rage.
(b) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(c) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
(d) Her son who is quite ill.
2. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) Divorce papers.
(b) A letter with a poem.
(d) A gift.
3. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
(a) San Juan.
(c) San Francisco.
4. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
(a) No one.
(c) His mother.
5. What does the character experience?
(b) Hunger, thirst and danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
2. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
5. How does the character respond to the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ninette wish after being told she cannot attend the circus and how does it seem her wish is granted?
2. What does Mrs. Sommers receive and what does she plan to do with it?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
4. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
6. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
7. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
8. How does the creature survive and how does it see?
9. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
10. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)