|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about a rat and snake.
(b) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(c) A story about her childhood.
(d) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
2. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to play the recorder.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to make gumbo stew.
3. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His charm.
(d) His constant travels to exotic places.
4. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
(a) With the children instead of letting the nanny care for them.
(b) In her art studio.
(c) In bed.
5. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(b) A letter with a poem.
(c) Divorce papers.
(d) A gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Robert often daydream?
2. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
3. What does Mildred decide to do?
4. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
5. What does Mildred want to try?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edna feel about living in the pigeon house?
2. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
3. Describe Edna's terrifying water experience.
4. What does Robert confess when he and Edna go back to the pigeon house and what is Edna's response?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
6. How does Edna plan to pay for her move?
7. What happens when Edna visits Madame Lebrun?
8. What story does Edna tell and how does she explain knowing of the story?
9. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
10. Describe Edna's last swim.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)