|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edna plan to move?
(b) New York.
(c) Grand Isle.
(d) Into a smaller house nearby.
2. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That her husband will be hurt.
(b) That she will now have a bad reputation.
(c) That the children will be hurt.
(d) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
3. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
(a) Try harder to convince him to go away with her.
(b) Tell her husband she is leaving him for Robert.
(c) Avoid him.
4. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) He orders her to move back to his home.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) That he disapproves of her move.
(d) That he is worried about the children.
5. Who is Dr. Mandelet?
(a) Mr. Pontellier's physician and frirend.
(b) A good psychiatrist.
(c) A voodoo practitioner.
(d) Robert's physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
2. What warms the character?
3. Why does Robert say Edna is cruel?
4. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
5. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edna start attending?
2. How does Edna plan to pay for her move?
3. What does the creature finally do?
4. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
5. What analogy does Edna think of from her childhood?
6. Describe Edna's last swim.
7. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
8. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
9. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
10. What does Robert confess when he and Edna go back to the pigeon house and what is Edna's response?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)