|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor upset Edna at the dinner party?
(a) He tells Edna Robert has married an Italian woman.
(b) He tells Edna Robert has married a Spanish woman.
(c) He tells Edna that Mr. Pontellier is not in New York, but rather at his mistress's house in New Orleans.
(d) He sings a song Robert used to sing.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Leave the island.
(b) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(c) Leave Edna alone.
(d) Leave the city.
3. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
4. In what faith is Edna raised?
5. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna think she understands?
2. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
3. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
4. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
5. What does Dr. Mandelet tell Edna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Edna's last swim.
2. How does Edna feel about living in the pigeon house?
3. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
5. How does the creature survive and how does it see?
6. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
7. What do Edna and her father do when he visits and how does Léonce respond?
8. Describe Edna's terrifying water experience.
9. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
10. About what do Edna and her father argue and what does her father say to Léonce?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)