|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warms the character?
(a) A candle.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A fire.
(d) A sunbeam.
2. Who is Mariequita?
(a) Edna's maid.
(b) A young woman to whom Robert speaks on the boat.
(c) Mr. Pontellier's secretary.
(d) Madame Ratignolle's nanny.
3. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
(a) A friend of Edna's father.
(b) A wealthy, successful businessman.
(c) The resort manager.
(d) The resort owner.
4. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
(b) Edna is not home.
(c) Edna is in the hammock.
(d) Edna is still awake.
5. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
(a) It sees the outside world.
(b) It is sorry to see how bad it is out there.
(c) It learns there are others like it.
(d) It is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the character crouch?
2. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
3. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
4. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
5. Who is Mildred Orme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
2. How does the creature survive and how does it see?
3. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
4. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
5. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
6. Why does Edna go to Madame Antoine's home?
7. Why does Edna decide to move into a smaller house and what does the staff call the house?
8. About what do Edna and her father argue and what does her father say to Léonce?
9. What analogy does Edna think of from her childhood?
10. How does Léonce Pontellier treat his sunburned wife?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)