|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edna see Robert?
(a) At mass.
(b) At Grand Isle.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) At her home.
2. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
(b) She learns her husband is having an affair.
(c) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(d) Her husband wants a divorce.
3. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) That he disapproves of her move.
(b) He orders her to move back to his home.
(c) That he is worried about the children.
(d) He wants a divorce.
4. What does Mildred want to try?
(a) Driving a tractor.
(c) Horseback riding.
5. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
(b) No one.
(c) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
2. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
3. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
4. Who is Mariequita?
5. What does Edna think she understands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
2. What is Edna's life like in New Orleans?
3. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
4. About what do Edna and her father argue and what does her father say to Léonce?
5. What is the creature's situation like at the opening of the story?
6. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
7. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
8. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
9. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
10. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)