|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(b) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
(c) Drops her baby.
(d) Falls down the stairs.
2. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be pregnant.
(b) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(c) If she could be having an affair.
(d) If she has tried to kill herself.
3. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
(a) With the children instead of letting the nanny care for them.
(b) In bed.
(c) In her art studio.
4. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Juan.
5. What does the character experience?
(c) Hunger, thirst and danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
2. How does Edna feel she is acting?
3. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
4. What is the culture of Edna's husband's circle of friends?
5. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the creature's situation like at the opening of the story?
2. What happens when Edna visits Madame Lebrun?
3. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
4. How does Edna feel about living in the pigeon house?
5. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
6. What does Madame worry about concerning Robert and Edna?
7. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
8. What does the creature finally do?
9. Describe Edna's last swim.
10. Why does Edna go to Madame Antoine's home?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)