|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) A gift.
(b) A letter with a poem.
(d) Divorce papers.
2. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) She will not ever forgive him.
(b) If he will leave the farm.
(c) If he marries her.
(d) If she can forgive herself.
3. What does Mildred want to try?
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Driving a tractor.
4. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) Pressure from his brother.
(b) Pressure from his mother.
(c) His love for Edna.
(d) Pressure from Edna's husband.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her honor.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
2. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
3. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
4. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
5. What is the main character in this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
2. Who is Robert LeBrun?
3. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
4. What happens when Edna visits Madame Lebrun?
5. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
6. How is Edna's life changing?
7. How does Edna feel about living in the pigeon house?
8. What does Edna start attending?
9. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
10. What do Edna and her father do when he visits and how does Léonce respond?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)