|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) If she can forgive herself.
(b) If he will leave the farm.
(c) If he marries her.
(d) She will not ever forgive him.
2. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is from Mexico.
(c) He is Catholic.
(d) He has no family in the United States.
3. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
(a) Léonce Pontellier's mistress.
(b) Robert's cousin.
(c) Edna's friend.
(d) Robert's fiance.
4. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
(b) New Orleans.
5. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
2. For what does Edna yearn?
3. In what faith is Edna raised?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
5. For what does Edna not apologize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
2. Why does Edna go to Madame Antoine's home?
3. How does Edna plan to pay for her move?
4. Who is Robert LeBrun?
5. Describe Edna's last swim.
6. What does the creature finally do?
7. What analogy does Edna think of from her childhood?
8. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
9. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
10. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)