|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Edna yearn?
(a) Another child.
(c) A man who loves her for herself.
(d) She does not know.
2. For what does Edna not apologize?
(a) Her desire for independence.
(b) Her honesty.
(c) Her desire for a divorce.
(d) Her desire to go away with Robert.
3. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) If he will leave the farm.
(b) If he marries her.
(c) If she can forgive herself.
(d) She will not ever forgive him.
4. Where does Edna plan to move?
(a) Grand Isle.
(c) New York.
(d) Into a smaller house nearby.
5. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
2. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
3. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
4. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
5. How does Edna speak to her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Léonce Pontellier treat his sunburned wife?
2. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
3. How does Louise Mallard respond to the news?
4. What does Désirée do after Armand tells her to leave?
5. How does Mrs. Sommers spend her fifteen dollars?
6. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
7. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
8. What does Madame worry about concerning Robert and Edna?
9. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
10. What does Ninette wish after being told she cannot attend the circus and how does it seem her wish is granted?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)