|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Leave Edna alone.
(c) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(d) Leave the island.
2. What is the culture of Edna's husband's circle of friends?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to go back to the city with him.
(b) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
(d) Edna to go to bed with him.
4. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(b) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
(c) She learns her husband is having an affair.
(d) Her husband wants a divorce.
5. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to make gumbo stew.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to play the recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert say Edna is cruel?
2. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
3. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
4. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
5. How does Edna speak to her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one of Edna's childhood crushes.
2. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
3. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
4. Why do Edna and her husband argue and what does each do?
5. How does Edna feel about living in the pigeon house?
6. How does Léonce Pontellier treat his sunburned wife?
7. Describe the Pontellier family.
8. What does Edna start attending?
9. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
10. What is Edna's life like in New Orleans?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)