|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Leave the island.
(b) Leave Edna alone.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
2. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(b) Edna to go to bed with him.
(c) Edna to go back to the city with him.
(d) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
3. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(b) That she neglects the children.
(c) That she is not careful with her health.
(d) That she is working too hard.
4. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
(a) It sees the outside world.
(b) It learns there are others like it.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It is sorry to see how bad it is out there.
5. Where does Edna see Robert?
(a) At her home.
(b) At Grand Isle.
(c) At mass.
(d) At a cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
2. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
3. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
4. What will Edna do before she moves?
5. What does Mildred decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
2. Describe one of Edna's childhood crushes.
3. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
4. Describe Edna's terrifying water experience.
5. What analogy does Edna think of from her childhood?
6. What does the creature finally do?
7. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
8. What happens between Robert and Edna by the end of Chapter 35?
9. How does the creature survive and how does it see?
10. How is Edna's life changing?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)