|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert help Edna do?
(a) Put up the dinner dishes.
(b) Put Ã‰tienne to bed.
(c) Make tea.
(d) Fold clean clothes.
2. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is still awake.
(b) Edna is not home.
(c) Edna is in the hammock.
(d) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
3. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
(a) Seeing how happy Madam Ratignolle's children are.
(b) Getting out and seeing women moving freely on the streets.
(c) Nothing; her visits with Madam Ratignolle always cheer her.
(d) Seeing Madam Ratignolle happy with her husband.
4. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
(a) To Mademoiselle Reisz for an evening of music.
(b) To Madame Ratignolle's for an evening of music.
(c) To see her painting show.
(d) To visit Robert.
5. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
(a) She has risen in a spiritual sense.
(b) Her ability to judge people more accurately.
(c) Her confidence.
(d) She has more angst which offers more art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
2. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
3. How many children does Edna have?
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
5. In what faith is Edna raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
2. How does Edna feel about living in the pigeon house?
3. Describe Edna's terrifying water experience.
4. Describe the scene when Victor upsets Edna.
5. What happens between Robert and Edna by the end of Chapter 35?
6. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
7. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
8. Describe the Pontellier family.
9. Describe Edna's last swim.
10. What is Edna's life like in New Orleans?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)