|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(d) Dr. Mandelet.
2. What does Alcée give to Edna?
(a) A ring.
(b) A slap.
(c) A threat of blackmail.
(d) An apology.
3. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
(a) His father is ill.
(b) His wife has become badly sunburned.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) His latest business venture is failing.
4. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be pregnant.
(b) If she has tried to kill herself.
(c) If she could be having an affair.
(d) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
5. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) That he disapproves of her move.
(b) He orders her to move back to his home.
(c) That he is worried about the children.
(d) He wants a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
2. Why does Mildred feel ashamed?
3. What warms the character?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
5. What does Dr. Mandelet tell Edna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
2. What does Robert confess when he and Edna go back to the pigeon house and what is Edna's response?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
4. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
5. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
6. Describe Edna's last swim.
7. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
8. What does Edna start attending?
9. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
10. Describe Edna's terrifying water experience.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)