|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
2. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
(a) Madame Ratignolle.
(b) Madame Lebrun.
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz.
3. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(b) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
(c) To seduce her.
(d) Edna is feeling ill.
4. What habit does Robert do every summer?
(a) Swims to the outer islands.
(b) Goes to Canada to purchase new hunting guns.
(c) Attaches himself to a different female guest.
(d) Goes into the Rockies hiking.
5. Who is Mildred Orme?
(a) A scholarly, twenty-year-old woman, who is staying at a country farm.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A matronly woman with 6 children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character experience?
2. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
3. How does the character respond to the accident?
4. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
5. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
2. Describe Edna's last swim.
3. Describe Mildred's first meeting with the "farm worker."
4. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
5. Why does Edna decide to move into a smaller house and what does the staff call the house?
6. What does the creature finally do?
7. How does Léonce Pontellier treat his sunburned wife?
8. What does Edna start attending?
9. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
10. Why do Edna and her husband argue and what does each do?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)