|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edna plan to move?
(a) Grand Isle.
(b) Into a smaller house nearby.
(d) New York.
2. What habit does Robert do every summer?
(a) Swims to the outer islands.
(b) Attaches himself to a different female guest.
(c) Goes into the Rockies hiking.
(d) Goes to Canada to purchase new hunting guns.
3. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to go to bed with him.
(c) Edna to go back to the city with him.
(d) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
4. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
5. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A vase.
(b) Her vows.
(c) A decorative plate.
(d) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edna feel she is acting?
2. What is the main character in this story?
3. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
4. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
5. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
2. Why does Edna decide to move into a smaller house and what does the staff call the house?
3. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
4. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
5. What happens between Robert and Edna by the end of Chapter 35?
6. Why do Edna and her husband argue and what does each do?
7. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
8. What happens when Edna visits Madame Lebrun?
9. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
10. What analogy does Edna think of from her childhood?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)