|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
(a) Wears a bathing suit in public.
(b) Talks about intimate matters to any of her male friends.
(c) Laughs outrageously loudly.
(d) Cries freely in public.
2. Why does Mildred feel ashamed?
(a) She does not send her mother any money that month.
(b) She tells her father she will not marry the man he wants her to marry.
(c) She doesn't really want to go to church.
(d) She lets a man embrace and kiss her.
3. What does Léonce fear about Edna?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she is becoming unstable.
(d) That she is unrealistic in her expectations.
4. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
(b) Edna is not home.
(c) Edna is in the hammock.
(d) Edna is still awake.
5. Where does Edna plan to move?
(a) New York.
(b) Grand Isle.
(d) Into a smaller house nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the character respond to the accident?
2. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
3. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
4. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
5. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Victor upsets Edna.
2. Describe one of Edna's childhood crushes.
3. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
4. How is Edna's life changing?
5. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
6. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
7. How does the creature survive and how does it see?
8. What does Edna start attending?
9. How does Edna plan to pay for her move?
10. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)