|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Edna going to pay for her move?
(a) Money from Alcée.
(b) With money from her mother's estate and selling of her art.
(c) Money her husband gives her.
(d) Money from Robert.
2. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
(b) She wants to get out of the house.
(c) He does not scold her.
(d) She wants to go with him to New York.
3. What does the character experience?
(b) Hunger, thirst and danger.
4. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
(a) It is sorry to see how bad it is out there.
(b) It learns there are others like it.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It sees the outside world.
5. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
(a) Come to dinner to observe Edna.
(b) Talk to Edna's maid.
(c) Prescribe some pills.
(d) Examine Edna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Robert do every summer?
2. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
3. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
4. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
5. How does Edna feel she is acting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the creature survive and how does it see?
2. What is Edna's life like in New Orleans?
3. What do Edna and her father do when he visits and how does Léonce respond?
4. What does the creature finally do?
5. Why do Edna and her husband argue and what does each do?
6. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
7. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
8. Describe the Pontellier family.
9. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
10. What happens when Edna goes to be with Madame Ratignolle as she is having her baby?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)