Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(b) On impulse.
2. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
(b) That her husband will be hurt.
(c) That the children will be hurt.
(d) That she will now have a bad reputation.
3. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
(a) Dr. Mandelet.
(c) Mr. Pontellier.
(d) Madame Reisz.
4. How does the character seem?
5. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
(b) Drops her baby.
(c) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(d) Falls down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
2. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
3. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
4. How does Edna speak to her husband?
5. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
2. What does Robert confess when he and Edna go back to the pigeon house and what is Edna's response?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
4. Why does Edna go to Madame Antoine's home?
5. What does Elodie learn while at a wedding reception?
6. What does Mr. Sublet ask Evariste Bonamour and what Sublet give Evariste?
7. What does Alcée write to his wife and what is her response?
8. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
9. Why does Elizabeth lose her job at the post office?
10. Why does Armand withdraw from Désirée?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)