|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mariequita?
(a) Edna's maid.
(b) Mr. Pontellier's secretary.
(c) A young woman to whom Robert speaks on the boat.
(d) Madame Ratignolle's nanny.
2. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) She will not ever forgive him.
(b) If he marries her.
(c) If he will leave the farm.
(d) If she can forgive herself.
3. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
(b) Léonce's sister's.
(c) Léonce's brother's.
(d) Edna's sister's.
4. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
(a) It is happy.
(b) It is sorry to see how bad it is out there.
(c) It learns there are others like it.
(d) It sees the outside world.
5. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(c) Madame Ratignolle.
(d) Madame Lebrun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character experience?
2. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
3. Where does Edna see Robert?
4. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
5. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
2. What is the creature's situation like at the opening of the story?
3. About what do Edna and her father argue and what does her father say to Léonce?
4. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
5. What does Clarisse do when she learns Alcée is going to see Calixta and why does she do what she does?
6. What does Madame worry about concerning Robert and Edna?
7. How does Athénaïse develop a relationship with Gouvernail?
8. Describe Edna's terrifying water experience.
9. Why does Edna go to Madame Antoine's home?
10. Describe one of Edna's childhood crushes.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)