|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred decide to do?
(a) Leave the farm.
(b) Marry the farmhand.
(c) Go to a convent.
(d) Apply for a nanny's position.
2. What is the main character in this story?
(a) A wizard.
(b) An animal.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dragonfly.
3. What does the character keep doing?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Crawling under its blankets.
(d) Looking further and further into the outside world.
4. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
5. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she is working too hard.
(b) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(c) That she neglects the children.
(d) That she is not careful with her health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
2. How many children does Edna have?
3. What does Edna think she understands?
4. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Pontellier arrives home at eleven?
2. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
3. How is Edna's life changing?
4. Describe Edna's last swim.
5. What does Edna find when she visits Mademoiselle Reisz and how does Edna react?
6. How does the creature survive and how does it see?
7. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
8. What does Madame worry about concerning Robert and Edna?
9. Why do Edna and her husband argue and what does each do?
10. Describe Mildred's first meeting with the "farm worker."
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)