|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) A pianist.
(b) A cellist.
(c) A young girl who Robert loves.
(d) The wife of another guest at the cottages.
2. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
(a) Chênière Caminada.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) To visit a voodoo practitioner.
(d) The breaker.
3. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
(a) In bed.
(c) With the children instead of letting the nanny care for them.
(d) In her art studio.
4. What warms the character?
(a) A sunbeam.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A fire.
(d) A candle.
5. Where does Edna grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character not perceive?
2. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
3. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
4. Why does Robert say Edna is cruel?
5. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mildred's first meeting with the "farm worker."
2. What analogy does Edna think of from her childhood?
3. What does Edna start attending?
4. Why does Edna go to Madame Antoine's home?
5. Why does Edna decide to move into a smaller house and what does the staff call the house?
6. What does the letter say that Mildred receives from her family?
7. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
8. What does Mademoiselle Reisz show and tell Edna concerning Robert?
9. What does Madame worry about concerning Robert and Edna?
10. Describe Edna's last swim.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)