|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
(a) She says she has never really responded to any kiss.
(b) The first one from her husband.
(c) One from Alcée.
(d) The one Robert gave her during the summer.
2. What does Mildred want to try?
(a) Driving a tractor.
(d) Horseback riding.
3. Who saw Robert before he left?
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(d) No one.
4. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) If she can forgive herself.
(b) If he marries her.
(c) If he will leave the farm.
(d) She will not ever forgive him.
5. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
(a) The few presents her husband has given her.
(b) Those she brought with her from her family.
(c) Nothing but a few clothes.
(d) Those she bought with her own money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
2. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
3. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
4. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Edna visits Madame Lebrun?
2. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
4. About what do Edna and her father argue and what does her father say to Léonce?
5. What story does Edna tell and how does she explain knowing of the story?
6. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
7. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
8. Describe Edna's last swim.
9. What happens when the cage door is left open by accident one day?
10. Describe the scene when Victor upsets Edna.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)