|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
(a) She has a large inheritance and is independent.
(b) Because Robert writes her a letter and not Edna.
(c) She is having an affair with Edna's husband.
(d) She paints much better than Edna.
2. What is the culture of Edna's husband's circle of friends?
3. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
(a) Prescribe some pills.
(b) Talk to Edna's maid.
(c) Examine Edna.
(d) Come to dinner to observe Edna.
4. What will Edna do before she moves?
(a) Go to counseling with her husband.
(b) Host a farewell dinner.
(c) Find another nanny for the children.
(d) Host a wedding reception for her sister.
5. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
(a) By light the next morning.
(b) With Edna.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) Around 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edna see Robert?
2. What does the character not perceive?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
4. What is the main character in this story?
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame worry about concerning Robert and Edna?
2. Describe Madame Ratignolle.
3. Why do Edna and her husband argue and what does each do?
4. What does Edna learn when she returns from Chênière Caminada?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle ask of Edna and what does she think of the pigeon house?
6. Where does Robert decide to go and how does Edna react?
7. Why does Edna decide to move into a smaller house and what does the staff call the house?
8. Describe the scene between Robert and Edna at the cafe.
9. What story does Edna tell and how does she explain knowing of the story?
10. What does Edna start attending?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)