|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) In a sea cave.
(b) In a barn.
(c) Under a rock ledge.
(d) At Friedheimer's store.
2. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In the South.
(b) In Greece.
(c) In the dry Southwest.
(d) In Mexico.
3. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Humiliate him.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Kill him.
4. What does Elodie not tell Gabriel?
(a) That a knife is in his other coat.
(b) That Everson talks to the sheriff.
(c) That Everson comes to her and he is not dead.
(d) That she robs Everson.
5. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
(a) A saying his mother told him on his wedding day.
(b) The way his friends laughed when he told them who he planned to marry.
(c) A slave his father once had to retrieve.
(d) Going to market.
6. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
(a) To see her lawyer.
(b) A fancy restaurant.
(c) To her parents' home to borrow money.
(d) To a job interview.
7. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
(b) The laundress.
(c) Her brother.
(d) The cook.
8. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) She does not follow him.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) To keep him out of mischief.
(d) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
9. Who is the successful planter?
(c) Alcée Laballière
10. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
(a) Withdraws his affections.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Sticks by her.
(d) Divorces her.
11. How does Louise die?
(a) As a passenger in the train wreck.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) She does not die.
(d) Her husband kills her when he learns she celebrated his passing.
12. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
(a) Because she is late almost every day.
(b) For doing unauthorized actions.
(c) Because she is surly.
(d) Because she steals from her employer.
13. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because she is a free woman.
(b) She is not relieved.
(c) Because her brother survives the accident.
(d) Because her father survives the train accident.
14. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she does not want Armand.
(b) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(c) That she is black.
(d) That she hates her husband.
15. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter what.
(c) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(d) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
2. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
3. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
4. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
5. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)