|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
(a) To a job interview.
(b) To see her lawyer.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) To her parents' home to borrow money.
2. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) She is unemployed.
(b) She works at the local bank.
(c) She is a baker's helper.
(d) At the post office in Stonelift.
3. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) She does not follow him.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) To keep him out of mischief.
(d) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
4. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
(a) That she is insane.
(b) That she still does not love him.
(c) That she is different.
(d) That she has no emotions.
5. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That he wants a divorce.
(b) That she should come home immediately.
(c) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
(d) That he is ill.
6. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That her children would disappear.
(b) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
(c) That her husband would return to her.
(d) That the ride would never end.
7. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Evariste Bonamour.
(c) Evan Martinette.
(d) The mayor.
8. Who is Gouvernail?
(a) Mrs. Baroda's sister.
(b) Mrs. Baroda's sister-in-law.
(c) Gaston's sister.
(d) A college friend of Gaston's.
9. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
(a) 2 silver dollars.
(b) 10 silver dollars.
(d) 20 gold pieces.
10. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
(a) Sticks by her.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Divorces her.
(d) Withdraws his affections.
11. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(a) Her maid.
(d) Her cook.
12. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
(a) There is a family wedding.
(b) To help with the cotton picking.
(c) One of them is ill.
(d) To avoid being around Gouvernail.
13. What do Calixta and Alcée do?
(a) Pick berries.
(b) Play chess.
(d) Make love.
14. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
(a) Chocolate for the children.
(b) Silk stockings.
(c) Clothes for the children.
(d) A stack of books.
15. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
(a) About Mrs. Sommers' deceased husband.
(b) About Mrs. Sommers' old world family.
(c) About Mrs. Sommers' better days.
(d) About Mrs. Sommers' male visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
2. What does Clarisse not miss?
3. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
4. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
5. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)