|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That he wants a divorce.
(b) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
(c) That she should come home immediately.
(d) That he is ill.
2. Who has a weak heart?
3. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) To keep him out of mischief.
(b) She does not follow him.
(c) Because she loves him.
(d) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
4. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
(c) No one.
5. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(a) His cross.
(b) His gold teeth.
(c) His watch and money.
6. Who adopts Désirée?
(a) No one.
(b) Her mother's older sister and her husband.
(c) The Valmondé family.
(d) Her father's parents.
7. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A rogue.
(c) A 'Cadian.
8. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
(b) Kills herself and her baby.
(c) Goes to live with her parents.
(d) Kills Armand.
9. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
(a) No one.
10. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That her children would disappear.
(b) That her husband would return to her.
(c) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
(d) That the ride would never end.
11. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because she is a free woman.
(b) She is not relieved.
(c) Because her brother survives the accident.
(d) Because her father survives the train accident.
12. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
(c) A hobo.
(d) Alcée Laballière.
13. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
14. Who does Gabriel kill?
(d) No one.
15. Who is the successful planter?
(b) Alcée Laballière
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
2. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
3. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
4. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
5. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)