|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
(a) Finding a husband.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) The cruel gossip.
(d) The needs of her children.
2. Who is the successful planter?
(a) Alcée Laballière
3. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That her husband would return to her.
(b) That the ride would never end.
(c) That her children would disappear.
(d) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
4. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To borrow her horse.
(c) For her to bake him a cake.
(d) To borrow money.
5. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
(a) 2 silver dollars.
(b) 10 silver dollars.
(d) 20 gold pieces.
6. How does Mrs. Baroda feel when she speaks to Gouvernail?
(a) Attracted to him.
(b) That he is not human.
(c) That he does not respect her.
(d) Repulsed by him.
7. What is one other Chopin piece in which Gouvernail appears?
(a) The Awakening.
(b) "A Gentleman of Bayou Têche."
(c) "Désirée's Baby."
(d) "A Pair of Silk Stockings."
8. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
(a) The cook.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The laundress.
9. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She thinks is it a great idea.
(d) She objects.
10. Who does Gabriel kill?
(b) No one.
11. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
(a) 50 dollars.
(b) 1000 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 15 dollars.
12. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has said no.
(b) She has not yet given a response.
(c) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(d) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
13. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
(a) Pose for a picture.
(b) Some research.
(c) Build a new home for Mr. Sublet.
(d) Some legal work.
14. Who does Evariste save?
(a) Mr. Sublet's son.
(b) No one.
(d) Mr. Sublet.
15. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
(a) Evan Martinette.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Evariste Bonamour.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
2. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
3. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
4. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
5. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)