|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To borrow her horse.
(b) To marry her.
(c) For her to bake him a cake.
(d) To borrow money.
2. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(b) Her maid.
(d) Her cook.
3. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(b) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(d) Stay with him no matter what.
4. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) She works at the local bank.
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) At the post office in Stonelift.
(d) She is a baker's helper.
5. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
(a) The cruel gossip.
(b) Finding a job.
(c) Finding a husband.
(d) The needs of her children.
6. Who has a weak heart?
7. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her political connections.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) His father forced him to do so.
8. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(a) His gold teeth.
(b) His cross.
(d) His watch and money.
9. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because her father survives the train accident.
(b) Because her brother survives the accident.
(c) Because she is a free woman.
(d) She is not relieved.
10. What is Louise imagining in her room?
(a) What her husband is doing in hell.
(b) A future of endless possibilities.
(c) How her brother must have suffered before dying.
(d) What her husband is doing in heaven.
11. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
(a) 10 silver dollars.
(c) 20 gold pieces.
(d) 2 silver dollars.
12. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
(b) A rogue.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A 'Cadian.
13. What does Clarisse not miss?
(a) Her days of social obligations.
(b) The injustice of the social system in the South.
(c) Intimacy with Alcée.
(d) The heat of New Orleans.
14. Who is the successful planter?
(a) Alcée Laballière
15. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
(a) Because she is late almost every day.
(b) Because she steals from her employer.
(c) For doing unauthorized actions.
(d) Because she is surly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disgusts Gabriel?
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
3. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
4. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
5. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)