|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(b) His gold teeth.
(c) His cross.
(d) His watch and money.
2. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
(a) One of them is ill.
(b) To help with the cotton picking.
(c) There is a family wedding.
(d) To avoid being around Gouvernail.
3. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
(a) That she has no emotions.
(b) That she is insane.
(c) That she is different.
(d) That she still does not love him.
4. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
(a) 20 gold pieces.
(c) 10 silver dollars.
(d) 2 silver dollars.
5. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her maid.
6. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The laundress.
(d) The cook.
7. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) At Friedheimer's store.
(b) In a sea cave.
(c) Under a rock ledge.
(d) In a barn.
8. What is Louise imagining in her room?
(a) What her husband is doing in hell.
(b) How her brother must have suffered before dying.
(c) What her husband is doing in heaven.
(d) A future of endless possibilities.
9. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
(a) Finding a husband.
(b) The needs of her children.
(c) The cruel gossip.
(d) Finding a job.
10. What does Elodie not tell Gabriel?
(a) That Everson comes to her and he is not dead.
(b) That she robs Everson.
(c) That Everson talks to the sheriff.
(d) That a knife is in his other coat.
11. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She learns she is pregnant.
(b) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She is lonely.
12. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Kills Armand.
(b) Goes to live with her parents.
(c) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
(d) Kills herself and her baby.
13. Who adopts Désirée?
(a) No one.
(b) Her mother's older sister and her husband.
(c) The Valmondé family.
(d) Her father's parents.
14. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) That he wants a divorce.
(c) That she should come home immediately.
(d) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
15. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To borrow her horse.
(d) For her to bake him a cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
2. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
3. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
4. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
5. What frightens Calixta?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)