|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gouvernail?
(a) Mrs. Baroda's sister.
(b) Gaston's sister.
(c) A college friend of Gaston's.
(d) Mrs. Baroda's sister-in-law.
2. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To borrow her horse.
(b) For her to bake him a cake.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To borrow money.
3. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
(a) Humiliate him.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Kill him.
4. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she does not want Armand.
(b) That she hates her husband.
(c) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(d) That she is black.
5. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) In a sea cave.
(b) At Friedheimer's store.
(c) In a barn.
(d) Under a rock ledge.
6. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(b) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(d) Stay with him no matter what.
7. Who does Evariste save?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Sublet.
(d) Mr. Sublet's son.
8. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
9. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
(a) A hobo.
(c) Alcée Laballière.
10. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) She works at the local bank.
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) At the post office in Stonelift.
(d) She is a baker's helper.
11. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) Washington, D. C.
12. How does Louise die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) As a passenger in the train wreck.
(c) Her husband kills her when he learns she celebrated his passing.
(d) She does not die.
13. Who does Gabriel kill?
(b) No one.
14. Who has a weak heart?
15. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
(a) There is a family wedding.
(b) To avoid being around Gouvernail.
(c) To help with the cotton picking.
(d) One of them is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
2. What does Elodie take from Everson?
3. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
4. What disgusts Gabriel?
5. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)