|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her cook.
2. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That her children would disappear.
(b) That her husband would return to her.
(c) That the ride would never end.
(d) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
3. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
(a) Build a new home for Mr. Sublet.
(b) Some legal work.
(c) Pose for a picture.
(d) Some research.
4. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(a) Washington, D. C.
(d) New Orleans.
5. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To marry her.
(b) For her to bake him a cake.
(c) To borrow her horse.
(d) To borrow money.
6. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
(a) The cook.
(b) The laundress.
(d) Her brother.
7. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter what.
(c) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(d) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
8. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) To keep him out of mischief.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
(d) She does not follow him.
9. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
10. How does Gabriel die?
(a) He does not die.
(b) A fall from his horse.
(c) A mob.
11. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because her father survives the train accident.
(b) She is not relieved.
(c) Because her brother survives the accident.
(d) Because she is a free woman.
12. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(b) New Orleans.
13. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her money.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) For her political connections.
(d) His father forced him to do so.
14. What disgusts Gabriel?
(a) What Elodie has done.
(b) That his fiance sleeps with another man.
(c) That he killed a man.
(d) That he killed Elodie.
15. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
(a) Silk stockings.
(b) A stack of books.
(c) Chocolate for the children.
(d) Clothes for the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
2. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
3. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
4. Who adopts Désirée?
5. Who does Gabriel kill?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)