|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gouvernail?
(a) Mrs. Baroda's sister.
(b) Gaston's sister.
(c) A college friend of Gaston's.
(d) Mrs. Baroda's sister-in-law.
2. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
(a) In a sea cave.
(b) Under a rock ledge.
(c) At Friedheimer's store.
(d) In a barn.
3. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She learns she is pregnant.
4. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
(a) 2 silver dollars.
(b) 10 silver dollars.
(d) 20 gold pieces.
5. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In the South.
(b) In Greece.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In the dry Southwest.
6. How does Gabriel die?
(a) He does not die.
(b) A fall from his horse.
(d) A mob.
7. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) For her to bake him a cake.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To borrow her horse.
8. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
(a) 1000 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 50 dollars.
(d) 15 dollars.
9. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
(d) No one.
10. How does Louise die?
(a) As a passenger in the train wreck.
(b) Her husband kills her when he learns she celebrated his passing.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) She does not die.
11. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
(a) Sticks by her.
(b) Withdraws his affections.
(c) Kills her.
(d) Divorces her.
12. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
13. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) Her baby is not white.
(b) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(c) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
(d) She has habits that are like negroes.
14. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Two couples in the story.
(c) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(d) Four siblings.
15. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
2. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
3. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
4. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
5. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)