|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
(a) No one.
2. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Humiliate him.
(d) Torture him.
3. How does Louise die?
(a) As a passenger in the train wreck.
(b) Her husband kills her when he learns she celebrated his passing.
(c) She does not die.
(d) A heart attack.
4. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In the South.
(b) In the dry Southwest.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In Greece.
5. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her political connections.
(b) His father forced him to do so.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) For her money.
6. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) She works at the local bank.
(b) At the post office in Stonelift.
(c) She is a baker's helper.
(d) She is unemployed.
7. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(c) Two couples in the story.
(d) Four siblings.
8. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
(a) Pose for a picture.
(b) Some research.
(c) Some legal work.
(d) Build a new home for Mr. Sublet.
9. What does Alcée write to his wife?
(a) That she should come home immediately.
(b) That he is ill.
(c) That he wants a divorce.
(d) That she should stay longer in Biloxi if she wants.
10. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(a) His gold teeth.
(c) His cross.
(d) His watch and money.
11. Who is Gouvernail?
(a) Gaston's sister.
(b) Mrs. Baroda's sister-in-law.
(c) A college friend of Gaston's.
(d) Mrs. Baroda's sister.
12. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
13. What does Clarisse not miss?
(a) The injustice of the social system in the South.
(b) Intimacy with Alcée.
(c) The heat of New Orleans.
(d) Her days of social obligations.
14. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(b) She has said no.
(c) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(d) She has not yet given a response.
15. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
(a) About Mrs. Sommers' old world family.
(b) About Mrs. Sommers' male visitors.
(c) About Mrs. Sommers' deceased husband.
(d) About Mrs. Sommers' better days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
2. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
3. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
4. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
5. What is Louise imagining in her room?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)