|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louise die?
(a) As a passenger in the train wreck.
(b) She does not die.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Her husband kills her when he learns she celebrated his passing.
2. What is Louise imagining in her room?
(a) How her brother must have suffered before dying.
(b) A future of endless possibilities.
(c) What her husband is doing in heaven.
(d) What her husband is doing in hell.
3. What does the postcard say that Elizabeth Stock read?
(a) It has something written in code that she cannot read.
(b) It is about the weather in Greece.
(c) It predicts a change in the economic future.
(d) It is about an urgent meeting the next day.
4. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) His father forced him to do so.
(c) For her money.
(d) For her political connections.
5. What does Clarisse not miss?
(a) Intimacy with Alcée.
(b) The heat of New Orleans.
(c) Her days of social obligations.
(d) The injustice of the social system in the South.
6. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
(a) Some legal work.
(b) Pose for a picture.
(c) Build a new home for Mr. Sublet.
(d) Some research.
7. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(d) New Orleans.
8. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She learns she is pregnant.
(d) She is lonely.
9. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) She does not follow him.
(c) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
(d) To keep him out of mischief.
10. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
(a) No one.
11. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To borrow her horse.
(d) For her to bake him a cake.
12. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
(a) Because she steals from her employer.
(b) Because she is late almost every day.
(c) For doing unauthorized actions.
(d) Because she is surly.
13. Who adopts Désirée?
(a) Her mother's older sister and her husband.
(b) Her father's parents.
(c) No one.
(d) The Valmondé family.
14. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(a) His gold teeth.
(c) His cross.
(d) His watch and money.
15. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
(b) The cook.
(c) The laundress.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Dicey say Sublet will do to the 'Cadian man?
2. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
3. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
4. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
5. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)