|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
(a) About Mrs. Sommers' male visitors.
(b) About Mrs. Sommers' deceased husband.
(c) About Mrs. Sommers' better days.
(d) About Mrs. Sommers' old world family.
2. Who does Calixta allow to shelter in her home?
(b) A hobo.
(c) Alcée Laballière.
3. What is Louise imagining in her room?
(a) A future of endless possibilities.
(b) How her brother must have suffered before dying.
(c) What her husband is doing in heaven.
(d) What her husband is doing in hell.
4. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because her brother survives the accident.
(b) Because her father survives the train accident.
(c) Because she is a free woman.
(d) She is not relieved.
5. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
(a) Some legal work.
(b) Some research.
(c) Pose for a picture.
(d) Build a new home for Mr. Sublet.
6. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(c) New Orleans.
7. What does Clarisse not miss?
(a) The injustice of the social system in the South.
(b) Her days of social obligations.
(c) The heat of New Orleans.
(d) Intimacy with Alcée.
8. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her maid.
9. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
(a) Chocolate for the children.
(b) Clothes for the children.
(c) A stack of books.
(d) Silk stockings.
10. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
(a) To a job interview.
(b) To her parents' home to borrow money.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) To see her lawyer.
11. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
(a) Because she is late almost every day.
(b) For doing unauthorized actions.
(c) Because she steals from her employer.
(d) Because she is surly.
12. What frightens Calixta?
(a) The hobo starts acting strange.
(b) Bobinôt is late.
(c) Lightening strikes the house.
(d) Lightning striking a tree.
13. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has not yet given a response.
(b) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(c) She has said no.
(d) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
14. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(b) Stay with him no matter what.
(d) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
15. What does Elodie not tell Gabriel?
(a) That a knife is in his other coat.
(b) That Everson comes to her and he is not dead.
(c) That she robs Everson.
(d) That Everson talks to the sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elodie take from Everson?
2. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
3. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
4. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
5. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)