|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
(a) There is a family wedding.
(b) To help with the cotton picking.
(c) To avoid being around Gouvernail.
(d) One of them is ill.
2. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She thinks is it a great idea.
(d) She objects.
3. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(b) His cross.
(c) His gold teeth.
(d) His watch and money.
4. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(a) Her maid.
(b) Her cook.
5. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To borrow her horse.
(c) To borrow money.
(d) For her to bake him a cake.
6. Why is Louise feeling relieved?
(a) Because she is a free woman.
(b) She is not relieved.
(c) Because her brother survives the accident.
(d) Because her father survives the train accident.
7. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In Greece.
(c) In the South.
(d) In the dry Southwest.
8. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) At the post office in Stonelift.
(b) She works at the local bank.
(c) She is a baker's helper.
(d) She is unemployed.
9. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
(a) Finding a job.
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) The needs of her children.
(d) The cruel gossip.
10. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
(a) Clothes for the children.
(b) Chocolate for the children.
(c) Silk stockings.
(d) A stack of books.
11. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
(c) To keep him out of mischief.
(d) She does not follow him.
12. What does Elodie not tell Gabriel?
(a) That a knife is in his other coat.
(b) That Everson talks to the sheriff.
(c) That Everson comes to her and he is not dead.
(d) That she robs Everson.
13. Why is Elizabeth fired from her job?
(a) Because she steals from her employer.
(b) Because she is late almost every day.
(c) For doing unauthorized actions.
(d) Because she is surly.
14. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter what.
(b) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(c) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
15. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A 'Cadian.
(c) A rogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
3. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
4. Who has just been killed in a railroad accident?
5. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)