|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Elodie and Gabriel playing?
2. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has said no.
(b) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(c) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(d) She has not yet given a response.
3. Who has a weak heart?
4. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her political connections.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) His father forced him to do so.
5. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) New Orleans.
6. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she does not want Armand.
(b) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(c) That she hates her husband.
(d) That she is black.
7. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Kills herself and her baby.
(b) Goes to live with her parents.
(c) Kills Armand.
(d) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
8. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That her husband would return to her.
(b) That the ride would never end.
(c) That her children would disappear.
(d) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
9. Who unnerves Mrs. Baroda?
(a) Her maid.
(c) Her cook.
10. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In Mexico.
(b) In the South.
(c) In the dry Southwest.
(d) In Greece.
11. What disgusts Gabriel?
(a) What Elodie has done.
(b) That his fiance sleeps with another man.
(c) That he killed Elodie.
(d) That he killed a man.
12. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(b) New Orleans.
13. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
14. What does Evariste ask to be identified as?
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A rogue.
(d) A 'Cadian.
15. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) She does not follow him.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) To keep him out of mischief.
(d) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
2. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
3. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
4. What does Alcée write to his wife?
5. What frightens Calixta?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)