Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
(a) Withdraws his affections.
(b) Divorces her.
(c) Sticks by her.
(d) Kills her.
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
(a) That she still does not love him.
(b) That she is different.
(c) That she is insane.
(d) That she has no emotions.
3. Who is dead at the opening of the story?
(a) Elizabeth Stock's father.
(b) Elizabeth Stock's mother.
(c) Elizabeth Stock.
(d) Elizabeth Stock's sister.
4. What do Calixta and Alcée do?
(a) Pick berries.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Make love.
5. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
(a) Evariste Bonamour.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Evan Martinette.
6. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(b) Her baby is not white.
(c) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
(d) She has habits that are like negroes.
7. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(c) Four siblings.
(d) Two couples in the story.
8. Who breaks the news gently to a loved one of the accident?
9. What does Mr. Sublet want the 'Cadian man to do?
(a) Some legal work.
(b) Build a new home for Mr. Sublet.
(c) Some research.
(d) Pose for a picture.
10. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Washington, D. C.
11. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) At the post office in Stonelift.
(b) She is a baker's helper.
(c) She works at the local bank.
(d) She is unemployed.
12. Who is the successful planter?
(a) Alcée Laballière
13. What disgusts Gabriel?
(a) That his fiance sleeps with another man.
(b) That he killed Elodie.
(c) That he killed a man.
(d) What Elodie has done.
14. What does Clarisse not miss?
(a) Intimacy with Alcée.
(b) The injustice of the social system in the South.
(c) Her days of social obligations.
(d) The heat of New Orleans.
15. What is Louise imagining in her room?
(a) What her husband is doing in heaven.
(b) What her husband is doing in hell.
(c) How her brother must have suffered before dying.
(d) A future of endless possibilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Bobinôt and his son, four-year-old Bibi, waiting out a storm?
2. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
3. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
4. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
5. About what do Mrs. Sommers' neighbors gossip?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)