|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(b) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
(c) Tries to kill Léonce.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
2. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
(a) His mother.
(d) No one.
3. Who saw Robert before he left?
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(c) No one.
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz.
4. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
(a) To visit Robert.
(b) To Mademoiselle Reisz for an evening of music.
(c) To see her painting show.
(d) To Madame Ratignolle's for an evening of music.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to go back to the city with him.
(c) Edna to go to bed with him.
(d) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
6. What does the character not perceive?
(a) That it is in a cage.
(b) Its own self.
(c) That it is owned.
(d) The outside world.
7. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) She will not ever forgive him.
(b) If he will leave the farm.
(c) If she can forgive herself.
(d) If he marries her.
8. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(a) On impulse.
9. How does the character seem?
10. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
(b) That she will now have a bad reputation.
(c) That the children will be hurt.
(d) That her husband will be hurt.
11. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) Her son who is quite ill.
(b) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
(c) Her husband who is in a rage.
(d) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
12. For what does Edna yearn?
(a) She does not know.
(c) Another child.
(d) A man who loves her for herself.
13. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
(b) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(c) He is engaged.
(d) He has married.
14. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she neglects the children.
(b) That she is not careful with her health.
(c) That she is working too hard.
(d) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
15. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is from Mexico.
(d) He has no family in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edna miss at her party?
2. What will Edna do before she moves?
3. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
4. Who is Mildred Orme?
5. What does Edna say to Robert about Léonce setting her free to marry Robert?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)