|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) That he disapproves of her move.
(c) He orders her to move back to his home.
(d) That he is worried about the children.
2. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
(a) Chênière Caminada.
(b) The breaker.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) To visit a voodoo practitioner.
3. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
(a) His latest business venture is failing.
(b) His father is ill.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) His wife has become badly sunburned.
4. What does Edna do in her distress?
(a) Swims out too far into the Gulf and drowns.
(b) Says mean things to Robert.
(c) Slaps Robert.
(d) Says mean things to Victor.
5. What does the character finally do?
(a) Leaps off the tree and flies.
(b) Lets itself die.
(c) Ventures completely into the outside world.
(d) Seeks vengeance against its master.
6. Where does Edna see Robert?
(a) At Grand Isle.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At mass.
(d) At her home.
7. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(b) If she has tried to kill herself.
(c) If she could be pregnant.
(d) If she could be having an affair.
8. How does the character seem?
9. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) Her son who is quite ill.
(b) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(c) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
(d) Her husband who is in a rage.
10. What warms the character?
(a) A fire.
(b) A sunbeam.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A candle.
11. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
(a) Léonce's sister's.
(b) Léonce's brother's.
(d) Edna's sister's.
12. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A decorative plate.
(b) Her vows.
(c) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(d) A vase.
13. What is Edna thinking about as she returns home from the Ratignolle home?
(a) Whether her husband will let her see her children if she runs off with Robert.
(b) How bad childbirth can be.
(c) What she is supposed to remember.
(d) What she wants to take with her when she leaves with Robert.
14. Where does Edna grow up?
15. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she neglects the children.
(b) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(c) That she is working too hard.
(d) That she is not careful with her health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
2. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
3. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
4. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
5. How does Edna feel she is acting?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)