|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(d) Why Robert went to Mexico.
2. How is Edna going to pay for her move?
(a) With money from her mother's estate and selling of her art.
(b) Money from Alcée.
(c) Money her husband gives her.
(d) Money from Robert.
3. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
4. Who is Madame Lebrun?
(a) The woman who rents out the vacation cottages.
(b) A famous pianist.
(c) Léonce Pontellier's mother.
(d) A woman who runs an illicit house.
5. Of what does Robert often daydream?
(a) Finding a wife as pretty as Edna.
(b) Going to make a fortune in Australia.
(c) Going to make his fortune in Mexico.
(d) Finding a cure for his mother's illness.
6. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(a) Madame Lebrun.
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz.
7. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to play the recorder.
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to make gumbo stew.
(d) How to fish.
8. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to go back to the city with him.
(c) Edna to go to bed with him.
(d) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
9. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(c) Drops her baby.
(d) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
10. What does Robert help Edna do?
(a) Fold clean clothes.
(b) Make tea.
(c) Put Ã‰tienne to bed.
(d) Put up the dinner dishes.
11. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
(a) To visit Robert.
(b) To Madame Ratignolle's for an evening of music.
(c) To see her painting show.
(d) To Mademoiselle Reisz for an evening of music.
12. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) If she can forgive herself.
(b) If he will leave the farm.
(c) She will not ever forgive him.
(d) If he marries her.
13. How does the character respond to the accident?
(a) It is cold.
(b) It dies.
(c) It is happy.
(d) At first it is afraid.
14. What happens by accident one day?
(a) The lamp burns out.
(b) The fire gets too hot.
(c) The sun does not shine.
(d) The cage door is left open.
15. What will Edna do before she moves?
(a) Host a wedding reception for her sister.
(b) Find another nanny for the children.
(c) Host a farewell dinner.
(d) Go to counseling with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
2. What does the character finally do?
3. About what does Edna argue with her father?
4. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
5. What does Alcée give to Edna?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)