|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the character seem?
2. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) Divorce papers.
(b) A letter with a poem.
(c) A gift.
3. Who is Madame Lebrun?
(a) Léonce Pontellier's mother.
(b) The woman who rents out the vacation cottages.
(c) A woman who runs an illicit house.
(d) A famous pianist.
4. Who is Mildred Orme?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A scholarly, twenty-year-old woman, who is staying at a country farm.
(d) A matronly woman with 6 children.
5. In what faith is Edna raised?
6. What does the character keep doing?
(a) Crawling under its blankets.
(c) Falling asleep.
(d) Looking further and further into the outside world.
7. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) A pianist.
(b) A young girl who Robert loves.
(c) A cellist.
(d) The wife of another guest at the cottages.
8. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(d) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
9. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He is engaged.
(b) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(c) He has married.
(d) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
10. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(a) Dr. Mandelet.
11. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Leave Edna alone.
(d) Leave the city.
12. Why does Mildred feel ashamed?
(a) She doesn't really want to go to church.
(b) She tells her father she will not marry the man he wants her to marry.
(c) She does not send her mother any money that month.
(d) She lets a man embrace and kiss her.
13. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His charm.
(b) His constant travels to exotic places.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His devotion.
14. What warms the character?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A candle.
(c) A sunbeam.
(d) A fire.
15. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Edna not apologize?
2. What does Edna begin attending?
3. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
4. What habit does Robert do every summer?
5. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)