|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) He has a dreadful reputation.
(c) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
(d) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
2. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(b) Edna is feeling ill.
(c) To seduce her.
(d) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
3. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) She wants to get out of the house.
(b) She wants to go with him to New York.
(c) He does not scold her.
(d) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
4. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
(a) His wife has become badly sunburned.
(b) His latest business venture is failing.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) His father is ill.
5. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
(a) Mr. Pontellier.
(b) Dr. Mandelet.
(d) Madame Reisz.
6. How is Edna going to pay for her move?
(a) With money from her mother's estate and selling of her art.
(b) Money from Alcée.
(c) Money her husband gives her.
(d) Money from Robert.
7. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His devotion.
(b) His good looks.
(c) His constant travels to exotic places.
(d) His charm.
8. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
(b) Edna is still awake.
(c) Edna is in the hammock.
(d) Edna is not home.
9. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
(a) It sees the outside world.
(b) It is sorry to see how bad it is out there.
(c) It learns there are others like it.
(d) It is happy.
10. About what does Edna argue with her father?
(a) Attending her sister's wedding.
(b) Traveling to New York at the time of the wedding.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Visiting her childhood male friend.
11. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
(a) She is too distraught to stay with him.
(b) Léonce sends a servant over to fetch her.
(c) Madame Ratignolle dies giving birth.
(d) Madame Ratignolle is in labor.
12. What does Dr. Mandelet tell Edna?
(a) She should stop seeing Robert.
(b) She can trust him.
(c) She should have another child to console her.
(d) She should go to her father's home for a while.
13. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
(a) No one; she is not home.
14. For what does Edna yearn?
(b) She does not know.
(c) Another child.
(d) A man who loves her for herself.
15. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(b) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(c) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(d) The meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
2. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
3. What does Mildred decide to do?
4. What will Edna do before she moves?
5. What does Edna find when she gets home?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)