|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to go back to the city with him.
(b) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
(d) Edna to go to bed with him.
2. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
3. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A vase.
(b) A decorative plate.
(c) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(d) Her vows.
4. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) She will not ever forgive him.
(b) If she can forgive herself.
(c) If he will leave the farm.
(d) If he marries her.
5. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to swim.
(b) How to make gumbo stew.
(c) How to play the recorder.
(d) How to fish.
6. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
(a) Being hit by a man in a carriage.
(b) Riding on the train.
(c) Falling into an icy pond.
(d) Walking in a field of tall grass.
7. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
(b) San Juan.
(d) San Francisco.
8. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(b) She does not know.
(c) A whore.
(d) A little girl inside a grown woman.
9. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
(a) That Edna will reconsider the move.
(b) That Edna will not invite men into her home unless someone is present.
(c) That Edna will not have an affair until she is sure.
(d) That Edna will attend Madame Ratignolle when the baby comes.
10. Who is Dr. Mandelet?
(a) A good psychiatrist.
(b) Mr. Pontellier's physician and frirend.
(c) Robert's physician.
(d) A voodoo practitioner.
11. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
(a) She has a large inheritance and is independent.
(b) Because Robert writes her a letter and not Edna.
(c) She is having an affair with Edna's husband.
(d) She paints much better than Edna.
12. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His constant travels to exotic places.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His charm.
13. What does Mildred want to try?
(c) Driving a tractor.
(d) Horseback riding.
14. What does Mr. Pontellier learn one week about Edna's visitation day?
(a) Edna wants to have Mr. Pontellier join her on the visitation day.
(b) Edna changed the day.
(c) Edna saw only Robert.
(d) Edna does not receive visitors.
15. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To seduce her.
(b) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(c) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
(d) Edna is feeling ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character not perceive?
2. What habit does Robert do every summer?
3. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
4. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
5. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)