|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) Her vows.
(b) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(c) A decorative plate.
(d) A vase.
2. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(c) Madame Lebrun.
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz.
3. Where does Edna grow up?
4. What is Edna thinking about as she returns home from the Ratignolle home?
(a) What she is supposed to remember.
(b) Whether her husband will let her see her children if she runs off with Robert.
(c) What she wants to take with her when she leaves with Robert.
(d) How bad childbirth can be.
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(d) Dr. Mandelet.
6. What does Mildred decide to do?
(a) Apply for a nanny's position.
(b) Leave the farm.
(c) Go to a convent.
(d) Marry the farmhand.
7. How does the character seem?
8. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to make gumbo stew.
(b) How to play the recorder.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to fish.
9. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
10. Of what does Robert often daydream?
(a) Going to make a fortune in Australia.
(b) Finding a cure for his mother's illness.
(c) Finding a wife as pretty as Edna.
(d) Going to make his fortune in Mexico.
11. What is the culture of Edna's husband's circle of friends?
12. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) Pressure from his brother.
(b) His love for Edna.
(c) Pressure from Edna's husband.
(d) Pressure from his mother.
13. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
(a) The resort manager.
(b) The resort owner.
(c) A wealthy, successful businessman.
(d) A friend of Edna's father.
14. Why does Mildred feel ashamed?
(a) She lets a man embrace and kiss her.
(b) She doesn't really want to go to church.
(c) She tells her father she will not marry the man he wants her to marry.
(d) She does not send her mother any money that month.
15. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
(b) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(c) He has married.
(d) He is engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edna speak to her husband?
2. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
3. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
4. What happens by accident one day?
5. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)