|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) Her son who is quite ill.
(b) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(c) Her husband who is in a rage.
(d) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
2. Who is Madame Lebrun?
(a) The woman who rents out the vacation cottages.
(b) Léonce Pontellier's mother.
(c) A woman who runs an illicit house.
(d) A famous pianist.
3. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(a) Madame Ratignolle.
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(d) Madame Lebrun.
4. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
(c) He has a dreadful reputation.
(d) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(b) Dr. Mandelet.
6. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
(a) The breaker.
(b) To visit a voodoo practitioner.
(c) Chênière Caminada.
(d) New Orleans.
7. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) She wants to get out of the house.
(b) He does not scold her.
(c) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
(d) She wants to go with him to New York.
8. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(b) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
(c) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
(d) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
9. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
(a) She has more angst which offers more art.
(b) Her ability to judge people more accurately.
(c) She has risen in a spiritual sense.
(d) Her confidence.
10. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
(a) Mr. Pontellier.
(b) Dr. Mandelet.
(d) Madame Reisz.
11. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
(a) To see her painting show.
(b) To Madame Ratignolle's for an evening of music.
(c) To visit Robert.
(d) To Mademoiselle Reisz for an evening of music.
12. What does the character keep doing?
(b) Crawling under its blankets.
(c) Looking further and further into the outside world.
(d) Falling asleep.
13. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
(a) No one; she is not home.
14. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
(a) On a minister.
(b) On a school teacher.
(c) On a cavalry officer.
(d) On a farmer boy.
15. What does Edna do in her distress?
(a) Says mean things to Victor.
(b) Swims out too far into the Gulf and drowns.
(c) Slaps Robert.
(d) Says mean things to Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Edna argue with her father?
2. How does Edna speak to her husband?
3. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
4. What warms the character?
5. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)