|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(b) That they spent the entire day together.
(c) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(d) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
2. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) A whore.
(b) She does not know.
(c) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(d) A little girl inside a grown woman.
3. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) Her husband who is in a rage.
(b) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
(c) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(d) Her son who is quite ill.
4. What habit does Robert do every summer?
(a) Attaches himself to a different female guest.
(b) Goes into the Rockies hiking.
(c) Swims to the outer islands.
(d) Goes to Canada to purchase new hunting guns.
5. How does Edna speak to her husband?
(d) She refuses to speak to him at all.
6. What will Edna do before she moves?
(a) Host a wedding reception for her sister.
(b) Go to counseling with her husband.
(c) Find another nanny for the children.
(d) Host a farewell dinner.
7. About what does Edna argue with her father?
(a) Having an abortion.
(b) Traveling to New York at the time of the wedding.
(c) Attending her sister's wedding.
(d) Visiting her childhood male friend.
8. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
(a) On a minister.
(b) On a farmer boy.
(c) On a cavalry officer.
(d) On a school teacher.
9. What does Alcée give to Edna?
(a) A slap.
(b) A threat of blackmail.
(c) A ring.
(d) An apology.
10. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He is engaged.
(b) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(c) He has married.
(d) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
11. For what does Edna yearn?
(b) She does not know.
(c) Another child.
(d) A man who loves her for herself.
12. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
(c) New Orleans.
13. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(b) On impulse.
14. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) To visit a voodoo practitioner.
(c) The breaker.
(d) Chênière Caminada.
15. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His devotion.
(b) His charm.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His constant travels to exotic places.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
2. What does the character finally do?
3. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
4. What does Mildred want to try?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)