|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
(a) To Mademoiselle Reisz for an evening of music.
(b) To visit Robert.
(c) To see her painting show.
(d) To Madame Ratignolle's for an evening of music.
2. How many children does Edna have?
3. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(b) Her son who is quite ill.
(c) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
(d) Her husband who is in a rage.
4. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
(a) No one; she is not home.
5. Of what does Robert often daydream?
(a) Finding a wife as pretty as Edna.
(b) Going to make a fortune in Australia.
(c) Finding a cure for his mother's illness.
(d) Going to make his fortune in Mexico.
6. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
(b) Léonce's sister's.
(c) Edna's sister's.
(d) Léonce's brother's.
7. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
(a) On a cavalry officer.
(b) On a farmer boy.
(c) On a minister.
(d) On a school teacher.
8. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) He has a dreadful reputation.
(b) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
(c) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
(d) That he is ill.
9. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) She wants to go with him to New York.
(b) She wants to get out of the house.
(c) He does not scold her.
(d) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
10. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(b) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) Why Robert went to Mexico.
11. What does Edna say to Robert about Léonce setting her free to marry Robert?
(a) That Léonce has his affairs also.
(b) That Léonce will make certain she never sees her children again.
(c) That Léonce will be happy to set her free.
(d) That Léonce does not own her.
12. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) A cellist.
(b) A young girl who Robert loves.
(c) The wife of another guest at the cottages.
(d) A pianist.
13. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
(b) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(c) Edna is feeling ill.
(d) To seduce her.
14. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) That he disapproves of her move.
(c) That he is worried about the children.
(d) He orders her to move back to his home.
15. Where does Edna plan to move?
(b) Grand Isle.
(c) Into a smaller house nearby.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
2. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
3. Who is Madame Lebrun?
4. What does the character finally do?
5. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)