|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character not perceive?
(a) That it is owned.
(b) That it is in a cage.
(c) Its own self.
(d) The outside world.
2. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(a) Tries to kill Léonce.
(b) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
3. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
(a) Try harder to convince him to go away with her.
(c) Avoid him.
(d) Tell her husband she is leaving him for Robert.
4. Where does Mildred want the farm worker who retrieves her papers to take her?
(a) To church.
(b) To a dance.
(c) To Eurpoe.
(d) To the movies.
5. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
(a) Talk to Edna's maid.
(b) Come to dinner to observe Edna.
(c) Examine Edna.
(d) Prescribe some pills.
6. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(b) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
(c) A story about a rat and snake.
(d) A story about her childhood.
7. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) He has a dreadful reputation.
(b) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
(c) That he is ill.
(d) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
8. What does Edna do in her distress?
(a) Says mean things to Robert.
(b) Swims out too far into the Gulf and drowns.
(c) Says mean things to Victor.
(d) Slaps Robert.
9. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) A little girl inside a grown woman.
(b) A whore.
(c) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(d) She does not know.
10. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
11. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Drops her baby.
(b) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Plays the piano in front of many others.
12. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be having an affair.
(b) If she has tried to kill herself.
(c) If she could be pregnant.
(d) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
13. How does Edna speak to her husband?
(a) She refuses to speak to him at all.
14. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is not home.
(b) Edna is still awake.
(c) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
(d) Edna is in the hammock.
15. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(b) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
(c) Her son who is quite ill.
(d) Her husband who is in a rage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
2. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
3. What happens by accident one day?
4. Who is Mariequita?
5. Who is Mildred Orme?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)