|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
(a) Those she bought with her own money.
(b) Those she brought with her from her family.
(c) The few presents her husband has given her.
(d) Nothing but a few clothes.
2. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
(c) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(d) Drops her baby.
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Leave Edna alone.
(d) Leave the island.
4. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
(b) In her art studio.
(c) In bed.
(d) With the children instead of letting the nanny care for them.
5. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
(b) No one; she is not home.
6. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(b) On impulse.
7. How does Victor upset Edna at the dinner party?
(a) He tells Edna Robert has married an Italian woman.
(b) He tells Edna Robert has married a Spanish woman.
(c) He tells Edna that Mr. Pontellier is not in New York, but rather at his mistress's house in New Orleans.
(d) He sings a song Robert used to sing.
8. About what does Edna argue with her father?
(a) Attending her sister's wedding.
(b) Visiting her childhood male friend.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Traveling to New York at the time of the wedding.
9. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(b) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
(c) A story about a rat and snake.
(d) A story about her childhood.
10. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(c) Madame Lebrun.
11. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That the children will be hurt.
(b) That she will now have a bad reputation.
(c) That her husband will be hurt.
(d) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
12. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) A gift.
(c) Divorce papers.
(d) A letter with a poem.
13. Where does Edna plan to move?
(a) Into a smaller house nearby.
(c) New York.
(d) Grand Isle.
14. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she has tried to kill herself.
(b) If she could be having an affair.
(c) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(d) If she could be pregnant.
15. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to make gumbo stew.
(b) How to fish.
(c) How to play the recorder.
(d) How to swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
2. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
3. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
4. Why does Mildred feel ashamed?
5. How does the character seem?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)