|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
(a) Wears a bathing suit in public.
(b) Cries freely in public.
(c) Talks about intimate matters to any of her male friends.
(d) Laughs outrageously loudly.
2. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
(a) She offers no explanation.
(b) She likes his face.
(c) She is sketching him.
(d) She is having an affair with him.
3. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be pregnant.
(b) If she could be having an affair.
(c) If she has tried to kill herself.
(d) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
4. In what faith is Edna raised?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Leave the island.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(d) Leave Edna alone.
6. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
(b) Dr. Mandelet.
(c) Madame Reisz.
(d) Mr. Pontellier.
7. What does Edna begin attending?
(a) The symphony.
(b) The theater.
(c) The horse races.
(d) Noon mass.
8. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A vase.
(b) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(c) A decorative plate.
(d) Her vows.
9. What does the character experience?
(b) Hunger, thirst and danger.
10. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
(a) She has a large inheritance and is independent.
(b) Because Robert writes her a letter and not Edna.
(c) She is having an affair with Edna's husband.
(d) She paints much better than Edna.
11. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
(a) A sad love ballet.
(b) A lively piece to cheer her up.
(d) A piece Robert requested for Edna.
12. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
(a) It is sorry to see how bad it is out there.
(b) It sees the outside world.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It learns there are others like it.
13. About what does Edna argue with her father?
(a) Having an abortion.
(b) Visiting her childhood male friend.
(c) Traveling to New York at the time of the wedding.
(d) Attending her sister's wedding.
14. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(b) She does not know.
(c) A whore.
(d) A little girl inside a grown woman.
15. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
(a) Léonce sends a servant over to fetch her.
(b) She is too distraught to stay with him.
(c) Madame Ratignolle dies giving birth.
(d) Madame Ratignolle is in labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
2. What does Edna say to Robert about Léonce setting her free to marry Robert?
3. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
4. What does Alcée give to Edna?
5. Who is Madame Lebrun?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)