|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(b) Her husband who is in a rage.
(c) Her son who is quite ill.
(d) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
2. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
(a) It is happy.
(b) It learns there are others like it.
(c) It is sorry to see how bad it is out there.
(d) It sees the outside world.
3. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her honor.
(d) Her husband.
4. What does the character keep doing?
(b) Looking further and further into the outside world.
(c) Falling asleep.
(d) Crawling under its blankets.
5. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
(a) Talk to Edna's maid.
(b) Prescribe some pills.
(c) Examine Edna.
(d) Come to dinner to observe Edna.
6. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That they spent the entire day together.
(b) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(c) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(d) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
7. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(a) Tries to kill herself.
(b) Tries to kill Léonce.
(c) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
8. Where does Mildred want the farm worker who retrieves her papers to take her?
(a) To church.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To Eurpoe.
9. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
(a) That she has a deep family attachment he had not noticed before.
(b) That she is scared of her father.
(c) That she controls her father.
(d) That Edna is spoiled by her father.
10. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
11. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) That he disapproves of her move.
(b) That he is worried about the children.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He orders her to move back to his home.
12. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To seduce her.
(b) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(c) Edna is feeling ill.
(d) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
13. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(b) Madame Lebrun.
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(d) Madame Ratignolle.
14. What happens by accident one day?
(a) The cage door is left open.
(b) The fire gets too hot.
(c) The sun does not shine.
(d) The lamp burns out.
15. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to play the recorder.
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to fish.
(d) How to make gumbo stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
2. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
3. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
4. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)