|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mildred want the farm worker who retrieves her papers to take her?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To Eurpoe.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To church.
2. Why does Robert say Edna is cruel?
(a) For calling him a Mama's boy.
(b) For pressuring him into saying things he should not.
(c) For letting him see her with Alcée.
(d) For calling him impotent.
3. How does the character respond to the accident?
(a) It dies.
(b) It is cold.
(c) It is happy.
(d) At first it is afraid.
4. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His constant travels to exotic places.
(d) His charm.
5. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
(a) The resort owner.
(b) A friend of Edna's father.
(c) The resort manager.
(d) A wealthy, successful businessman.
6. For what does Edna yearn?
(a) Another child.
(b) A man who loves her for herself.
(d) She does not know.
7. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
8. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about her childhood.
(b) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(c) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
(d) A story about a rat and snake.
9. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) A gift.
(b) A letter with a poem.
(c) Divorce papers.
10. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(b) That she is not careful with her health.
(c) That she neglects the children.
(d) That she is working too hard.
11. What does Edna find when she gets home?
(a) A note from Robert saying he had to go.
(b) Her son who is quite ill.
(c) A note from Robert telling her where to meet him.
(d) Her husband who is in a rage.
12. Of what does Robert often daydream?
(a) Finding a wife as pretty as Edna.
(b) Going to make his fortune in Mexico.
(c) Finding a cure for his mother's illness.
(d) Going to make a fortune in Australia.
13. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
(b) No one.
(c) Her husband.
14. What is the main character in this story?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) An animal.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A bird.
15. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
(a) One she paints of a boy next door.
(b) Her brother's best friend.
(c) A famous actor.
(d) A famous playwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
2. What does Alcée give to Edna?
3. What does Mildred want to try?
4. What warms the character?
5. What does Edna begin attending?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)