|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
2. What does Alcée give to Edna?
(a) A ring.
(b) A threat of blackmail.
(c) A slap.
(d) An apology.
3. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
(a) Robert's cousin.
(b) Edna's friend.
(c) Léonce Pontellier's mistress.
(d) Robert's fiance.
4. What will Edna do before she moves?
(a) Host a wedding reception for her sister.
(b) Find another nanny for the children.
(c) Go to counseling with her husband.
(d) Host a farewell dinner.
5. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(b) On impulse.
6. Why does Robert say Edna is cruel?
(a) For letting him see her with Alcée.
(b) For calling him a Mama's boy.
(c) For calling him impotent.
(d) For pressuring him into saying things he should not.
7. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) She does not know.
(b) A little girl inside a grown woman.
(c) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(d) A whore.
8. What happens by accident one day?
(a) The sun does not shine.
(b) The fire gets too hot.
(c) The cage door is left open.
(d) The lamp burns out.
9. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
(a) Being hit by a man in a carriage.
(b) Falling into an icy pond.
(c) Riding on the train.
(d) Walking in a field of tall grass.
10. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
(a) Nothing; her visits with Madam Ratignolle always cheer her.
(b) Getting out and seeing women moving freely on the streets.
(c) Seeing how happy Madam Ratignolle's children are.
(d) Seeing Madam Ratignolle happy with her husband.
11. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
(a) Madame Ratignolle is in labor.
(b) Madame Ratignolle dies giving birth.
(c) She is too distraught to stay with him.
(d) Léonce sends a servant over to fetch her.
12. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is from Mexico.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He has no family in the United States.
13. What warms the character?
(a) A fire.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A candle.
(d) A sunbeam.
14. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
(b) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
(c) He has a dreadful reputation.
(d) That he is ill.
15. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
(b) No one.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
2. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
3. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
4. Who is Dr. Mandelet?
5. For what does Edna yearn?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)