|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Godmother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) His latest business venture is failing.
(c) His wife has become badly sunburned.
(d) His father is ill.
2. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(b) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
(c) That they spent the entire day together.
(d) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
3. What does Alcée give to Edna?
(a) A slap.
(b) A ring.
(c) A threat of blackmail.
(d) An apology.
4. Where did Elizabeth Stock work?
(a) She is unemployed.
(b) She is a baker's helper.
(c) At the post office in Stonelift.
(d) She works at the local bank.
5. What does the character finally do?
(a) Leaps off the tree and flies.
(b) Seeks vengeance against its master.
(c) Lets itself die.
(d) Ventures completely into the outside world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
2. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
3. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
4. What is the main character in this story?
5. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)