|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Godmother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He has no family in the United States.
(c) He is Catholic.
(d) He is from Mexico.
2. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she has tried to kill herself.
(b) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(c) If she could be having an affair.
(d) If she could be pregnant.
3. What does Mr. Pontellier learn one week about Edna's visitation day?
(a) Edna saw only Robert.
(b) Edna changed the day.
(c) Edna wants to have Mr. Pontellier join her on the visitation day.
(d) Edna does not receive visitors.
4. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Leave Edna alone.
(d) Leave the city.
5. What does the character keep doing?
(a) Looking further and further into the outside world.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Crawling under its blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
3. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
4. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
5. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)