|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Godmother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor upset Edna at the dinner party?
(a) He tells Edna that Mr. Pontellier is not in New York, but rather at his mistress's house in New Orleans.
(b) He tells Edna Robert has married a Spanish woman.
(c) He sings a song Robert used to sing.
(d) He tells Edna Robert has married an Italian woman.
2. What does Edna say to Robert about Léonce setting her free to marry Robert?
(a) That Léonce will be happy to set her free.
(b) That Léonce has his affairs also.
(c) That Léonce will make certain she never sees her children again.
(d) That Léonce does not own her.
3. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
(a) She is having an affair with him.
(b) She likes his face.
(c) She offers no explanation.
(d) She is sketching him.
4. What does Elodie take from Everson?
(b) His watch and money.
(c) His cross.
(d) His gold teeth.
5. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she does not want Armand.
(b) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(c) That she is black.
(d) That she hates her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Madame Lebrun?
2. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
3. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
4. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)