|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Pair of Silk Stockings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
(a) That she had bought more chocolate for the children.
(b) That her children would disappear.
(c) That the ride would never end.
(d) That her husband would return to her.
2. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) Pressure from Edna's husband.
(b) His love for Edna.
(c) Pressure from his brother.
(d) Pressure from his mother.
3. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
(a) There is a family wedding.
(b) To help with the cotton picking.
(c) One of them is ill.
(d) To avoid being around Gouvernail.
4. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(d) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
5. How is Edna going to pay for her move?
(a) Money from Robert.
(b) Money from Alcée.
(c) Money her husband gives her.
(d) With money from her mother's estate and selling of her art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the culture of Edna's husband's circle of friends?
2. Where does Edna grow up?
3. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
4. What does Alcée give to Edna?
5. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)