|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the character crouch?
(a) In the corner.
(b) In a depression in his cave.
(c) In the center of his cage.
(d) In a branch of the tree.
2. What is one other Chopin piece in which Gouvernail appears?
(a) "A Pair of Silk Stockings."
(b) "A Gentleman of Bayou Têche."
(c) The Awakening.
(d) "Désirée's Baby."
3. What does Léonce fear about Edna?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she is unrealistic in her expectations.
(d) That she is becoming unstable.
4. What does Mildred decide to do?
(a) Leave the farm.
(b) Apply for a nanny's position.
(c) Marry the farmhand.
(d) Go to a convent.
5. What does the character keep doing?
(a) Crawling under its blankets.
(b) Falling asleep.
(d) Looking further and further into the outside world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
2. Where does Edna grow up?
3. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
4. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
5. What does Désirée husband do soon after their first child is born?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)