|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Grand Isle, Louisiana.
(c) Grand Isle, Georgia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
2. Where does Edna grow up?
3. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
(a) 10 silver dollars.
(c) 20 gold pieces.
(d) 2 silver dollars.
4. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Drops her baby.
(b) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
(c) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(d) Falls down the stairs.
5. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she is black.
(b) That she does not want Armand.
(c) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(d) That she hates her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
2. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
4. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
5. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)