|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the character crouch?
(a) In a depression in his cave.
(b) In the center of his cage.
(c) In the corner.
(d) In a branch of the tree.
2. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) A gift.
(b) A letter with a poem.
(c) Divorce papers.
3. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
(b) That the children will be hurt.
(c) That her husband will be hurt.
(d) That she will now have a bad reputation.
4. About what does Edna argue with her father?
(a) Visiting her childhood male friend.
(b) Traveling to New York at the time of the wedding.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Attending her sister's wedding.
5. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) A cellist.
(b) The wife of another guest at the cottages.
(c) A young girl who Robert loves.
(d) A pianist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
2. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
3. Why does Mrs. Baroda tell her husband she is going to visit some relatives?
4. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
5. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)