|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
(a) Cries freely in public.
(b) Talks about intimate matters to any of her male friends.
(c) Wears a bathing suit in public.
(d) Laughs outrageously loudly.
2. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(d) Why Robert went to Mexico.
3. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She thinks is it a great idea.
(d) She objects.
4. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
(a) With the children instead of letting the nanny care for them.
(b) In bed.
(c) In her art studio.
5. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
(a) Grand Isle, Georgia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Grand Isle, Louisiana.
(d) Mobile, Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mildred decide to do?
2. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
3. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
4. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
5. How many children does Edna have?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)