|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Edna not apologize?
(a) Her desire to go away with Robert.
(b) Her desire for independence.
(c) Her desire for a divorce.
(d) Her honesty.
2. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(b) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(c) Stay with him no matter what.
3. Why does Robert say Edna is cruel?
(a) For letting him see her with Alcée.
(b) For calling him impotent.
(c) For pressuring him into saying things he should not.
(d) For calling him a Mama's boy.
4. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(b) That she is not careful with her health.
(c) That she neglects the children.
(d) That she is working too hard.
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(c) Dr. Mandelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the culture of Edna's husband's circle of friends?
2. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
3. What does Robert help Edna do?
4. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
5. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)