|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mildred want to try?
(b) Horseback riding.
(d) Driving a tractor.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) He has a dreadful reputation.
(c) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
(d) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
3. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) Pressure from his mother.
(b) Pressure from his brother.
(c) Pressure from Edna's husband.
(d) His love for Edna.
4. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
(a) She doesn't ask him about his letters.
(b) Why he did not write her.
(c) Why all his letters were so prosaic.
(d) Why he sent more letters to his mother than to her.
5. For what does Edna yearn?
(a) She does not know.
(b) Another child.
(d) A man who loves her for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Robert before he left?
2. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
3. Who is the successful planter?
4. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
5. What does Edna find when she gets home?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)