|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(b) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
(c) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
(d) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
2. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) She has habits that are like negroes.
(b) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
(c) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(d) Her baby is not white.
3. What habit does Robert do every summer?
(a) Attaches himself to a different female guest.
(b) Goes to Canada to purchase new hunting guns.
(c) Goes into the Rockies hiking.
(d) Swims to the outer islands.
4. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter what.
(b) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(d) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
5. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
(a) She thinks is it a great idea.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
2. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
3. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
4. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
5. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)