|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Edna going to pay for her move?
(a) Money from Robert.
(b) Money her husband gives her.
(c) With money from her mother's estate and selling of her art.
(d) Money from Alcée.
2. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
(a) Grand Isle, Louisiana.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Grand Isle, Georgia.
(d) Mobile, Alabama.
3. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) She learns her husband is having an affair.
(b) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(c) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
(d) Her husband wants a divorce.
4. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(b) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
(c) He is engaged.
(d) He has married.
5. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
(b) Edna's sister's.
(c) Léonce's brother's.
(d) Léonce's sister's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
2. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
3. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
5. Where does Edna see Robert?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)