|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Respectable Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
(b) Goes to live with her parents.
(c) Kills Armand.
(d) Kills herself and her baby.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
(a) Her honor.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
3. What is Edna thinking about as she returns home from the Ratignolle home?
(a) How bad childbirth can be.
(b) What she is supposed to remember.
(c) What she wants to take with her when she leaves with Robert.
(d) Whether her husband will let her see her children if she runs off with Robert.
4. About what does Edna argue with her father?
(a) Traveling to New York at the time of the wedding.
(b) Visiting her childhood male friend.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Attending her sister's wedding.
5. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Drops her baby.
(b) Falls down the stairs.
(c) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(d) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
2. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
3. What does the character not perceive?
4. What does Léonce fear about Edna?
5. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)