|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That they spent the entire day together.
(b) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(c) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
(d) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
2. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
(a) Madame Ratignolle is in labor.
(b) She is too distraught to stay with him.
(c) Léonce sends a servant over to fetch her.
(d) Madame Ratignolle dies giving birth.
3. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He is engaged.
(b) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(c) He has married.
(d) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
4. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(b) Her vows.
(c) A vase.
(d) A decorative plate.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(b) Edna to go to bed with him.
(c) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
(d) Edna to go back to the city with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
2. How does the character seem?
3. What does Alcée give to Edna?
4. Who is Madame Lebrun?
5. What habit does Robert do every summer?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)