|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) Pressure from his brother.
(b) His love for Edna.
(c) Pressure from Edna's husband.
(d) Pressure from his mother.
2. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
(a) Why he did not write her.
(b) She doesn't ask him about his letters.
(c) Why he sent more letters to his mother than to her.
(d) Why all his letters were so prosaic.
3. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) That he disapproves of her move.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) That he is worried about the children.
(d) He orders her to move back to his home.
4. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she neglects the children.
(b) That she is working too hard.
(c) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(d) That she is not careful with her health.
5. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) She wants to get out of the house.
(b) She wants to go with him to New York.
(c) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
(d) He does not scold her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna think she understands?
2. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
4. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
5. For what does Edna not apologize?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)