|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
(a) Why he did not write her.
(b) She doesn't ask him about his letters.
(c) Why he sent more letters to his mother than to her.
(d) Why all his letters were so prosaic.
2. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(a) Madame Ratignolle.
(b) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(c) Madame Lebrun.
3. How does Victor upset Edna at the dinner party?
(a) He tells Edna Robert has married a Spanish woman.
(b) He tells Edna Robert has married an Italian woman.
(c) He sings a song Robert used to sing.
(d) He tells Edna that Mr. Pontellier is not in New York, but rather at his mistress's house in New Orleans.
4. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
(d) No one; she is not home.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(b) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
(c) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
(d) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Madame Lebrun?
2. For what does Edna yearn?
3. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
4. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
5. What is Edna thinking about as she returns home from the Ratignolle home?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)