|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
(a) The resort owner.
(b) The resort manager.
(c) A friend of Edna's father.
(d) A wealthy, successful businessman.
2. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That her husband will be hurt.
(b) That the children will be hurt.
(c) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
(d) That she will now have a bad reputation.
3. What does Edna begin attending?
(a) The horse races.
(b) Noon mass.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The theater.
4. What does the character keep doing?
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Crawling under its blankets.
(d) Looking further and further into the outside world.
5. For what does Edna not apologize?
(a) Her desire for independence.
(b) Her desire to go away with Robert.
(c) Her honesty.
(d) Her desire for a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
2. Who does Edna miss at her party?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna to remember?
4. What happens when the character looks out from its home?
5. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)