|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Robert often daydream?
(a) Going to make his fortune in Mexico.
(b) Finding a cure for his mother's illness.
(c) Finding a wife as pretty as Edna.
(d) Going to make a fortune in Australia.
2. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
(b) Léonce's brother's.
(c) Edna's sister's.
(d) Léonce's sister's.
3. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That she will now have a bad reputation.
(b) That the children will be hurt.
(c) That her husband will be hurt.
(d) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
4. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(c) Madame Lebrun.
5. What warms the character?
(a) A candle.
(b) A sunbeam.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
2. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
3. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
4. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
5. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)