|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(a) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
(b) Tries to kill Léonce.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
2. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That they spent the entire day together.
(b) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(c) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(d) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
3. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she is working too hard.
(b) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(c) That she neglects the children.
(d) That she is not careful with her health.
4. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
(a) Léonce sends a servant over to fetch her.
(b) Madame Ratignolle is in labor.
(c) She is too distraught to stay with him.
(d) Madame Ratignolle dies giving birth.
5. Who is Mariequita?
(a) Madame Ratignolle's nanny.
(b) A young woman to whom Robert speaks on the boat.
(c) Mr. Pontellier's secretary.
(d) Edna's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edna miss at her party?
2. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
3. Where does the character crouch?
4. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
5. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)