|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
(a) Tell her husband she is leaving him for Robert.
(b) Try harder to convince him to go away with her.
(c) Avoid him.
2. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
(a) The first one from her husband.
(b) She says she has never really responded to any kiss.
(c) One from Alcée.
(d) The one Robert gave her during the summer.
3. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
(a) By light the next morning.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) With Edna.
(d) Around 11.
4. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
(a) Her husband.
(b) No one.
5. Where does the character crouch?
(a) In a branch of the tree.
(b) In the center of his cage.
(c) In the corner.
(d) In a depression in his cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
2. What does the character not perceive?
3. About what does Edna argue with her father?
4. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
5. What warms the character?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)