|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is still awake.
(b) Edna is in the hammock.
(c) Edna is not home.
(d) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
2. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(a) Tries to kill herself.
(b) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
(d) Tries to kill Léonce.
3. How does the character respond to the accident?
(a) It dies.
(b) It is cold.
(c) It is happy.
(d) At first it is afraid.
4. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) His latest business venture is failing.
(c) His wife has become badly sunburned.
(d) His father is ill.
5. Who is Mariequita?
(a) Madame Ratignolle's nanny.
(b) Mr. Pontellier's secretary.
(c) A young woman to whom Robert speaks on the boat.
(d) Edna's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
2. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
3. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
4. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
5. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)