|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) His love for Edna.
(b) Pressure from Edna's husband.
(c) Pressure from his brother.
(d) Pressure from his mother.
2. Why does Edna have to leave Robert suddenly?
(a) Madame Ratignolle is in labor.
(b) Madame Ratignolle dies giving birth.
(c) She is too distraught to stay with him.
(d) Léonce sends a servant over to fetch her.
3. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be having an affair.
(b) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(c) If she has tried to kill herself.
(d) If she could be pregnant.
4. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
(b) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(c) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
(d) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
5. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
(a) Nothing but a few clothes.
(b) Those she brought with her from her family.
(c) Those she bought with her own money.
(d) The few presents her husband has given her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pontellier learn one week about Edna's visitation day?
2. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
3. What happens by accident one day?
4. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
5. What does Léonce fear about Edna?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)