|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation: A Life Fable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(b) Edna is feeling ill.
(c) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
(d) To seduce her.
2. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) A cellist.
(b) A young girl who Robert loves.
(c) The wife of another guest at the cottages.
(d) A pianist.
3. For what does Edna not apologize?
(a) Her desire for independence.
(b) Her honesty.
(c) Her desire for a divorce.
(d) Her desire to go away with Robert.
4. What does the character keep doing?
(a) Looking further and further into the outside world.
(b) Crawling under its blankets.
(c) Falling asleep.
5. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
(a) One from Alcée.
(b) The first one from her husband.
(c) She says she has never really responded to any kiss.
(d) The one Robert gave her during the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
2. What does the character finally do?
3. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
4. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
5. What is the main character in this story?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)