|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A vase.
(b) Her vows.
(c) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(d) A decorative plate.
2. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Juan.
3. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
(a) Edna's friend.
(b) Léonce Pontellier's mistress.
(c) Robert's fiance.
(d) Robert's cousin.
4. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) Around 11.
(c) By light the next morning.
(d) With Edna.
5. How does Victor upset Edna at the dinner party?
(a) He tells Edna that Mr. Pontellier is not in New York, but rather at his mistress's house in New Orleans.
(b) He tells Edna Robert has married a Spanish woman.
(c) He tells Edna Robert has married an Italian woman.
(d) He sings a song Robert used to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Robert often daydream?
2. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
3. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
4. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
5. Who is Mariequita?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)