|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He is engaged.
(b) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(c) He has married.
(d) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
2. How does Edna speak to her husband?
(c) She refuses to speak to him at all.
3. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
(c) His mother.
(d) No one.
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
(b) A lively piece to cheer her up.
(c) A sad love ballet.
(d) A piece Robert requested for Edna.
5. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) The wife of another guest at the cottages.
(b) A cellist.
(c) A pianist.
(d) A young girl who Robert loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
2. What does Edna say to Robert about Léonce setting her free to marry Robert?
3. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
4. Of what does Robert often daydream?
5. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)