|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
(a) Léonce Pontellier's mistress.
(b) Robert's cousin.
(c) Robert's fiance.
(d) Edna's friend.
2. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) A vase.
(b) Her vows.
(c) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
(d) A decorative plate.
3. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
(b) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(c) He has married.
(d) He is engaged.
4. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
(a) Her ability to judge people more accurately.
(b) She has risen in a spiritual sense.
(c) She has more angst which offers more art.
(d) Her confidence.
5. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His charm.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His constant travels to exotic places.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
2. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
3. Who is Dr. Mandelet?
4. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
5. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)