|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Edna yearn?
(a) A man who loves her for herself.
(c) She does not know.
(d) Another child.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(b) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
(c) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
(d) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
3. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) A gift.
(b) A letter with a poem.
(c) Divorce papers.
4. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(c) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(d) Why Robert went to Mexico.
5. What does Dr. Mandelet tell Edna?
(a) She should stop seeing Robert.
(b) She can trust him.
(c) She should have another child to console her.
(d) She should go to her father's home for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna say to Robert about Léonce setting her free to marry Robert?
2. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
3. How many children does Edna have?
4. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
5. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)