|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna speak to her husband?
(a) She refuses to speak to him at all.
2. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(b) That she is not careful with her health.
(c) That she neglects the children.
(d) That she is working too hard.
3. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to go back to the city with him.
(b) Edna to go to bed with him.
(d) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
4. What does Edna say to Robert about Léonce setting her free to marry Robert?
(a) That Léonce will be happy to set her free.
(b) That Léonce does not own her.
(c) That Léonce will make certain she never sees her children again.
(d) That Léonce has his affairs also.
5. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
(a) She doesn't ask him about his letters.
(b) Why he did not write her.
(c) Why all his letters were so prosaic.
(d) Why he sent more letters to his mother than to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adèle Ratignolle do that Edna would not be comfortable doing?
2. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
3. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
4. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)