|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say forced him to go to Mexico?
(a) Pressure from his mother.
(b) Pressure from Edna's husband.
(c) Pressure from his brother.
(d) His love for Edna.
2. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That they spent the entire day together.
(b) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(c) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(d) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
3. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
(d) No one; she is not home.
4. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is Catholic.
(b) He has no family in the United States.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is from Mexico.
5. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) Divorce papers.
(c) A letter with a poem.
(d) A gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Edna yearn?
2. Who is Dr. Mandelet?
3. Where does Edna see Robert?
4. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
5. What does Edna do in her distress?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)