|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(c) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(d) Why Robert went to Mexico.
2. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His constant travels to exotic places.
(b) His good looks.
(c) His charm.
(d) His devotion.
3. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
(b) A story about a rat and snake.
(c) A story about her childhood.
(d) A story about a rabbit and deer.
4. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(b) Dr. Mandelet.
5. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
(a) That Edna will not invite men into her home unless someone is present.
(b) That Edna will attend Madame Ratignolle when the baby comes.
(c) That Edna will reconsider the move.
(d) That Edna will not have an affair until she is sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edna grow up?
2. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
3. What does Robert help Edna do?
4. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
5. For what does Edna yearn?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)