|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(b) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
(c) He has married.
(d) He is engaged.
2. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
(a) Grand Isle, Louisiana.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Mobile, Alabama.
(d) Grand Isle, Georgia.
3. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) A whore.
(b) She does not know.
(c) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(d) A little girl inside a grown woman.
4. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
(a) Léonce Pontellier's mistress.
(b) Robert's fiance.
(c) Robert's cousin.
(d) Edna's friend.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier learn one week about Edna's visitation day?
(a) Edna does not receive visitors.
(b) Edna saw only Robert.
(c) Edna wants to have Mr. Pontellier join her on the visitation day.
(d) Edna changed the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
2. What does Edna think she understands?
3. What does Léonce write to Edna?
4. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
5. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)