|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
(a) With Edna.
(b) By light the next morning.
(c) Around 11.
(d) 3 a.m.
2. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
(a) She likes his face.
(b) She is sketching him.
(c) She offers no explanation.
(d) She is having an affair with him.
3. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be having an affair.
(b) If she could be pregnant.
(c) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(d) If she has tried to kill herself.
4. Who is Madame Lebrun?
(a) A woman who runs an illicit house.
(b) Léonce Pontellier's mother.
(c) The woman who rents out the vacation cottages.
(d) A famous pianist.
5. For what does Edna yearn?
(a) A man who loves her for herself.
(c) Another child.
(d) She does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
2. About what does Edna argue with her father?
3. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
4. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
5. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)