|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Victor with when Edna arrives at Grand Isle?
(b) No one.
(d) His mother.
2. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
(a) That the children will be hurt.
(b) That she will now have a bad reputation.
(c) That her husband will be hurt.
(d) That she is not unfaithful because of love.
3. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(b) That they spent the entire day together.
(c) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(d) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
4. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
(a) One she paints of a boy next door.
(b) A famous actor.
(c) A famous playwright.
(d) Her brother's best friend.
5. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
(a) Why he did not write her.
(b) Why all his letters were so prosaic.
(c) Why he sent more letters to his mother than to her.
(d) She doesn't ask him about his letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
2. Of what does Robert often daydream?
3. What is Edna thinking about as she returns home from the Ratignolle home?
4. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
5. What does Edna begin attending?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)