|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
(b) That they spent the entire day together.
(c) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(d) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
2. What does Léonce fear about Edna?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she is unrealistic in her expectations.
(d) That she is becoming unstable.
3. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Drops her baby.
(c) Plays the piano in front of many others.
(d) Swims out too far in the Gulf.
4. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(b) A whore.
(c) She does not know.
(d) A little girl inside a grown woman.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(b) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
(c) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
(d) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
2. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
3. Who saw Robert before he left?
4. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
5. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)