|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
(a) A gift.
(c) A letter with a poem.
(d) Divorce papers.
2. About what does Edna argue with her father?
(a) Visiting her childhood male friend.
(b) Having an abortion.
(c) Attending her sister's wedding.
(d) Traveling to New York at the time of the wedding.
3. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
(a) That Edna is spoiled by her father.
(b) That she has a deep family attachment he had not noticed before.
(c) That she controls her father.
(d) That she is scared of her father.
4. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(b) A story about a rat and snake.
(c) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
(d) A story about her childhood.
5. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(c) Leave the island.
(d) Leave Edna alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
2. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
3. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
4. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
5. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)