|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) Her husband wants a divorce.
(b) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
(c) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(d) She learns her husband is having an affair.
2. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) She wants to get out of the house.
(b) He does not scold her.
(c) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
(d) She wants to go with him to New York.
3. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
4. Where does Edna ask Robert go with her the morning after the swim?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Chênière Caminada.
(c) To visit a voodoo practitioner.
(d) The breaker.
5. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(c) On impulse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
2. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
3. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
4. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
5. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)