|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Madame Lebrun?
(a) A woman who runs an illicit house.
(b) The woman who rents out the vacation cottages.
(c) A famous pianist.
(d) Léonce Pontellier's mother.
2. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He has no family in the United States.
(b) He is from Mexico.
(c) He is Catholic.
(d) He is poor.
3. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be pregnant.
(b) If she could be having an affair.
(c) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(d) If she has tried to kill herself.
4. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
(a) A friend of Edna's father.
(b) The resort owner.
(c) The resort manager.
(d) A wealthy, successful businessman.
5. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Edna argue with her father?
2. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
3. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
5. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)