|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(c) On impulse.
2. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is from Mexico.
(b) He has no family in the United States.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is Catholic.
3. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
4. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
(a) Nothing; her visits with Madam Ratignolle always cheer her.
(b) Seeing how happy Madam Ratignolle's children are.
(c) Getting out and seeing women moving freely on the streets.
(d) Seeing Madam Ratignolle happy with her husband.
5. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) Her vows.
(b) A vase.
(c) A decorative plate.
(d) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
2. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
4. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
5. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)