|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
2. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to go to bed with him.
(c) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
(d) Edna to go back to the city with him.
3. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she is working too hard.
(b) That she neglects the children.
(c) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
(d) That she is not careful with her health.
4. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
(a) Talk to Edna's maid.
(b) Examine Edna.
(c) Come to dinner to observe Edna.
(d) Prescribe some pills.
5. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is from Mexico.
(c) He has no family in the United States.
(d) He is Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
2. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
3. In what faith is Edna raised?
4. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
5. How many children does Edna have?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)