|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(b) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
(c) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
(d) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
2. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) She learns her husband is having an affair.
(b) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(c) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
(d) Her husband wants a divorce.
3. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
(a) He is from Mexico.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He has no family in the United States.
(d) He is poor.
4. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to play the recorder.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to make gumbo stew.
5. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
(a) Grand Isle, Louisiana.
(b) Grand Isle, Georgia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Mobile, Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what faith is Edna raised?
2. What does Edna do that terrifies her?
3. How does Edna feel she is acting?
4. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
5. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)