|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
(a) How to swim.
(b) How to play the recorder.
(c) How to fish.
(d) How to make gumbo stew.
2. By what was Edna taken regarding Léonce before they marry?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His constant travels to exotic places.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His charm.
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
(a) Leave Edna alone.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Go to New Orleans and get her some children's toys.
(d) Leave the island.
4. About what do Léonce Pontellier and Edna often argue?
(a) That she is working too hard.
(b) That she is not careful with her health.
(c) That she neglects the children.
(d) That she will not learn to speak Creole French.
5. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
(a) Walking in a field of tall grass.
(b) Riding on the train.
(c) Falling into an icy pond.
(d) Being hit by a man in a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Léonce Pontellier concerned?
2. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
3. What habit does Robert do every summer?
4. How many children does Edna have?
5. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)