|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about her childhood.
(b) A story about a rat and snake.
(c) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(d) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
2. Where does Edna see Robert?
(a) At her home.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At Grand Isle.
(d) At mass.
3. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
(a) Walking in a field of tall grass.
(b) Falling into an icy pond.
(c) Being hit by a man in a carriage.
(d) Riding on the train.
4. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(a) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Tries to kill Léonce.
(d) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
5. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He has married.
(b) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
(c) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(d) He is engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edna grow up?
2. What does Edna think she understands?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
4. Who is Léonce Pontellier?
5. What has Robert been teaching Edna?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)