|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(b) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
(c) Her husband wants a divorce.
(d) She learns her husband is having an affair.
2. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be pregnant.
(b) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(c) If she has tried to kill herself.
(d) If she could be having an affair.
3. Who is Adèle Ratignolle?
(a) Robert's fiance.
(b) Edna's friend.
(c) Léonce Pontellier's mistress.
(d) Robert's cousin.
4. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is not home.
(b) Edna is still awake.
(c) Edna is in the hammock.
(d) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
5. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
(a) Seeing Madam Ratignolle happy with her husband.
(b) Nothing; her visits with Madam Ratignolle always cheer her.
(c) Getting out and seeing women moving freely on the streets.
(d) Seeing how happy Madam Ratignolle's children are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
2. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
3. Where does Edna grow up?
4. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
5. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)