Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what faith is Edna raised?
2. Who is Mariequita?
(a) Mr. Pontellier's secretary.
(b) Madame Ratignolle's nanny.
(c) Edna's maid.
(d) A young woman to whom Robert speaks on the boat.
3. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) Her husband wants a divorce.
(b) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(c) She learns her husband is having an affair.
(d) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
4. How does Edna feel she is acting?
(a) On impulse.
5. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(b) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
(c) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(d) That they spent the entire day together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Robert often daydream?
2. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
3. How many children does Edna have?
4. What is the opening setting for the novelette The Awakening?
5. What does Léonce Pontellier send Edna after he returns to the city?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)