|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alcée give to Edna?
(a) An apology.
(b) A ring.
(c) A slap.
(d) A threat of blackmail.
2. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Kills herself and her baby.
(b) Goes to live with her parents.
(c) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
(d) Kills Armand.
3. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
(a) She objects.
(b) She thinks is it a great idea.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is frightened.
4. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(b) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
5. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she hates her husband.
(b) That she does not want Armand.
(c) That she is black.
(d) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edna miss at her party?
2. What will Edna do before she moves?
3. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
4. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
5. How does the character seem?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)