|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the doctor advise Elizabeth to spend the winter?
(a) In the South.
(b) In Mexico.
(c) In the dry Southwest.
(d) In Greece.
2. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
(a) That Edna will attend Madame Ratignolle when the baby comes.
(b) That Edna will not invite men into her home unless someone is present.
(c) That Edna will reconsider the move.
(d) That Edna will not have an affair until she is sure.
3. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(b) That she hates her husband.
(c) That she does not want Armand.
(d) That she is black.
4. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
(a) To Madame Ratignolle's for an evening of music.
(b) To see her painting show.
(c) To Mademoiselle Reisz for an evening of music.
(d) To visit Robert.
5. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
(a) A famous playwright.
(b) One she paints of a boy next door.
(c) A famous actor.
(d) Her brother's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
2. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
3. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
4. What is one childhood crush Edna remembers?
5. How much money does Mrs. Sommers receive?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)