|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the character respond to the accident?
(a) At first it is afraid.
(b) It dies.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It is cold.
2. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(b) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(c) That they spent the entire day together.
(d) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
3. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
(a) Examine Edna.
(b) Prescribe some pills.
(c) Talk to Edna's maid.
(d) Come to dinner to observe Edna.
4. What vision does Edna have of herself as a little girl?
(a) Riding on the train.
(b) Being hit by a man in a carriage.
(c) Falling into an icy pond.
(d) Walking in a field of tall grass.
5. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) He does not scold her.
(b) She wants to get out of the house.
(c) She wants to go with him to New York.
(d) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mildred want the farm worker who retrieves her papers to take her?
2. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle ask Robert to do?
4. What does Mrs. Sommers wish as she is riding home on the bus?
5. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)