|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) Edna is feeling ill.
(b) To seduce her.
(c) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
(d) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
2. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
(a) Getting out and seeing women moving freely on the streets.
(b) Nothing; her visits with Madam Ratignolle always cheer her.
(c) Seeing Madam Ratignolle happy with her husband.
(d) Seeing how happy Madam Ratignolle's children are.
3. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
(b) He has a dreadful reputation.
(c) That he is ill.
(d) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
4. What does Alcée give to Edna?
(a) A slap.
(b) A threat of blackmail.
(c) An apology.
(d) A ring.
5. Where does Edna plan to move?
(a) Into a smaller house nearby.
(c) New York.
(d) Grand Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
2. What does Mrs. Baroda say about her husband wanting Gouvernail for a second visit?
3. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
4. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
5. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)