|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(a) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(b) Stay with him no matter what.
(d) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
2. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(a) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Tries to kill Léonce.
3. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(b) Edna is feeling ill.
(c) To seduce her.
(d) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
4. Where does Léonce think Edna spends too much time?
(a) In her art studio.
(b) With the children instead of letting the nanny care for them.
(d) In bed.
5. Who is Mademoiselle Reisz?
(a) A cellist.
(b) The wife of another guest at the cottages.
(c) A pianist.
(d) A young girl who Robert loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edna's family opposed to marriage to Léonce?
2. What depresses Edna when she visits Madam Ratignolle?
3. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
4. Upon what is Mrs. Sommers focused?
5. How does the character seem?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)