|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Mrs. Sommers buys at the store with her newly-acquired money?
(a) Chocolate for the children.
(b) Clothes for the children.
(c) Silk stockings.
(d) A stack of books.
2. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her political connections.
(b) For her money.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) His father forced him to do so.
3. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(b) She has habits that are like negroes.
(c) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
(d) Her baby is not white.
4. About what is Edna pleased to have broken?
(a) Her vows.
(b) A vase.
(c) A decorative plate.
(d) A pair of earrings Léonce gave her.
5. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She learns she is pregnant.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alcée give to Edna?
2. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
3. Whose picture did Edna keep when she is a child?
4. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
5. Where does Mrs. Sommers go after the store?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)