|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(b) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
(c) Edna is feeling ill.
(d) To seduce her.
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
(a) That she still does not love him.
(b) That she is insane.
(c) That she has no emotions.
(d) That she is different.
3. What does the character not perceive?
(a) That it is owned.
(b) That it is in a cage.
(c) Its own self.
(d) The outside world.
4. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
5. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) She has habits that are like negroes.
(b) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
(c) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(d) Her baby is not white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
2. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
3. What does the character experience?
4. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
5. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)