|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Elizabeth Stock's One Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
(a) Mr. Pontellier.
(b) Madame Reisz.
(d) Dr. Mandelet.
2. How is Edna going to pay for her move?
(a) With money from her mother's estate and selling of her art.
(b) Money from Alcée.
(c) Money from Robert.
(d) Money her husband gives her.
3. For whom does Mr. Sublet ask when he visits Bayou Têche?
(a) Evan Martinette.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Evariste Bonamour.
(d) A police officer.
4. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
(a) Her confidence.
(b) She has more angst which offers more art.
(c) Her ability to judge people more accurately.
(d) She has risen in a spiritual sense.
5. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Two couples in the story.
(b) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(c) Four siblings.
(d) Four friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much advance payment does Sublet give the 'Cadian man?
2. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
3. Why is Edna jealous of Madame Lebrun?
4. Where does Mr. Brightman go for a meeting?
5. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)