|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
(a) That Edna is spoiled by her father.
(b) That she controls her father.
(c) That she is scared of her father.
(d) That she has a deep family attachment he had not noticed before.
2. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
(a) Edna is in the hammock.
(b) Edna is asleep in the children's room.
(c) Edna is still awake.
(d) Edna is not home.
3. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
4. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
(b) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(c) A story about a rat and snake.
(d) A story about her childhood.
5. Where does Edna plan to move?
(a) New York.
(b) Into a smaller house nearby.
(d) Grand Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
2. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
3. About what does Edna argue with her father?
4. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
5. Where do the Pontelliers live in the non-summer months?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)