|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Awakening, Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonce fear about Edna?
(a) That she is unrealistic in her expectations.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is becoming unstable.
2. What does Edna begin attending?
(a) The theater.
(b) The symphony.
(c) Noon mass.
(d) The horse races.
3. Why does Léonce scold Edna?
(a) She wants to go with him to New York.
(b) She wants to go back to the summer cottage.
(c) He does not scold her.
(d) She wants to get out of the house.
4. What does Edna do in response to her thwarted need?
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Tries to destroy her wedding ring.
(d) Tries to kill Léonce.
5. What is the only thing that makes Edna happy since Robert left?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
2. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
3. What does Mr. Pontellier find that surprises him when he returns to the cottage?
4. On what day does Edna receive visitors at her home?
5. How does Edna feel she is acting?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)