|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
(b) San Juan.
(c) San Francisco.
2. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Kills herself and her baby.
(b) Kills Armand.
(c) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
(d) Goes to live with her parents.
3. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) She will not ever forgive him.
(b) If she can forgive herself.
(c) If he marries her.
(d) If he will leave the farm.
4. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
(b) Her baby is not white.
(c) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(d) She has habits that are like negroes.
5. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
(a) She just then realizes how infatuated she is with him.
(b) Her husband wants a divorce.
(c) She doesn't want to go back to the city.
(d) She learns her husband is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
2. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
3. How does Edna speak to her husband?
4. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
5. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)