|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mariequita?
(a) A young woman to whom Robert speaks on the boat.
(b) Edna's maid.
(c) Mr. Pontellier's secretary.
(d) Madame Ratignolle's nanny.
2. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
(a) A lively piece to cheer her up.
(b) A sad love ballet.
(d) A piece Robert requested for Edna.
3. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
4. What does Léonce write to Edna?
(a) That he is worried about the children.
(b) He orders her to move back to his home.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) That he disapproves of her move.
5. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
(a) She has more angst which offers more art.
(b) Her confidence.
(c) She has risen in a spiritual sense.
(d) Her ability to judge people more accurately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
2. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
3. Who adopts Désirée?
4. What does Edna begin attending?
5. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)