|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
(b) That they spent the entire day together.
(c) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
(d) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
2. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) She has habits that are like negroes.
(b) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(c) Her baby is not white.
(d) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
3. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He is engaged.
(b) He has married.
(c) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(d) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
4. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
(b) That he is ill.
(c) He has a dreadful reputation.
(d) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(a) Dr. Mandelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert help Edna do?
2. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
3. Where does Mildred want the farm worker who retrieves her papers to take her?
4. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
5. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)