|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
(b) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
(c) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
(d) That Léonce will be delayed getting back.
2. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
(a) She doesn't ask him about his letters.
(b) Why all his letters were so prosaic.
(c) Why he did not write her.
(d) Why he sent more letters to his mother than to her.
3. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
(a) Madame Ratignolle.
(b) Madame Lebrun.
(c) Mademoiselle Reisz.
4. What does Mildred decide to do?
(a) Marry the farmhand.
(b) Go to a convent.
(c) Leave the farm.
(d) Apply for a nanny's position.
5. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(b) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(c) Stay with him no matter what.
(d) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mademoiselle Reisz play on the piano?
2. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
3. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
4. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
5. Why does Mildred feel ashamed?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)