|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
(a) That she has a deep family attachment he had not noticed before.
(b) That she controls her father.
(c) That Edna is spoiled by her father.
(d) That she is scared of her father.
2. What does Madame Ratignolle say about Alcée?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) He has gotten a woman pregnant before and abandoned her.
(c) He has a dreadful reputation.
(d) That he is very poor and looking to live off a naive woman.
3. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be having an affair.
(b) If she has tried to kill herself.
(c) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
(d) If she could be pregnant.
4. Who is Dr. Mandelet?
(a) Robert's physician.
(b) A good psychiatrist.
(c) A voodoo practitioner.
(d) Mr. Pontellier's physician and frirend.
5. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Kills Armand.
(b) Kills herself and her baby.
(c) Goes to live with her parents.
(d) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
2. What does Robert help Edna do?
3. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
4. Who is Mildred Orme?
5. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)