|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mariequita?
(a) Mr. Pontellier's secretary.
(b) Edna's maid.
(c) A young woman to whom Robert speaks on the boat.
(d) Madame Ratignolle's nanny.
2. What does Armand want Désirée to do?
(b) Swear to the local priest that she is white.
(c) Find out if someone in her ancestry is negro.
(d) Stay with him no matter what.
3. Whose wedding does Edna refuse to attend?
(a) Edna's sister's.
(b) Léonce's sister's.
(c) Léonce's brother's.
4. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
(a) That they spent the entire day together.
(b) That he is going to Mexico the next morning.
(c) That he is to talk to Mr. Pontellier the next day.
(d) That he is going to teach her to float on the waves the next morning.
5. What does Mr. Pontellier want?
(a) Edna to stay with the children in their room for the night.
(b) Edna to go to bed with him.
(c) Edna to go back to the city with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
2. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
3. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
4. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
5. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)