|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Edna visit in Chapter 21?
(a) Madame Lebrun.
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(d) Mademoiselle Reisz.
2. Why does Désirée's husband think she is not white?
(a) He has no reason; just an instinctive feeling.
(b) She has habits that are like negroes.
(c) Her grandfather is dark skinned.
(d) Her baby is not white.
3. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
(a) That a fresh catch of fish has just arrived.
(b) That Ã‰tienne was naughty.
(c) That LÃ©once will be delayed getting back.
(d) That Ã‰tienne is quite ill.
4. Who is Mildred Orme?
(a) A scholarly, twenty-year-old woman, who is staying at a country farm.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A matronly woman with 6 children.
5. Why does Edna think Robert does not love her?
(a) He is engaged.
(b) He has married.
(c) He refuses to see her when she goes to his house.
(d) He has been in town for two days and has not visited her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
2. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
3. Who adopts Désirée?
4. What does Mildred decide to do?
5. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)