|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
(a) If she can forgive herself.
(b) If he marries her.
(c) If he will leave the farm.
(d) She will not ever forgive him.
2. Who stays behind after the dinner party?
(a) Dr. Mandelet.
3. What does Mildred decide to do?
(a) Leave the farm.
(b) Apply for a nanny's position.
(c) Marry the farmhand.
(d) Go to a convent.
4. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
5. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
(a) To seduce her.
(b) To have Edna's portrait drawn.
(c) Edna is feeling ill.
(d) To introduce her to Madame Antoine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Mandelet say he will do?
2. Why does Edna cry after Robert leaves?
3. What does Léonce think he has learned by Edna's interaction with her father?
4. Where does Mildred want the farm worker who retrieves her papers to take her?
5. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)