|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Mandelet ask about Edna?
(a) If she could be pregnant.
(b) If she has tried to kill herself.
(c) If she could be having an affair.
(d) If she has been associating with women who want equal rights.
2. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
(a) Her ability to judge people more accurately.
(b) She has more angst which offers more art.
(c) She has risen in a spiritual sense.
(d) Her confidence.
3. Who adopts Désirée?
(a) No one.
(b) Her father's parents.
(c) The Valmondé family.
(d) Her mother's older sister and her husband.
4. About what does Edna ask Robert concerning letters?
(a) She doesn't ask him about his letters.
(b) Why he sent more letters to his mother than to her.
(c) Why he did not write her.
(d) Why all his letters were so prosaic.
5. What explanation does Edna give Robert for having a photo of Alcée in her house?
(a) She likes his face.
(b) She is having an affair with him.
(c) She is sketching him.
(d) She offers no explanation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edna speak to her husband?
2. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
3. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
4. How does Mildred say she can forgive the man who is too forward?
5. Where does Edna take her father when he visits?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)