|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pledges devotion to Edna in a letter?
(a) No one.
(d) Her husband.
2. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
(a) That Edna will not have an affair until she is sure.
(b) That Edna will reconsider the move.
(c) That Edna will attend Madame Ratignolle when the baby comes.
(d) That Edna will not invite men into her home unless someone is present.
3. What does Désirée do with herself and her baby?
(a) Appeals to the priest to intervene.
(b) Kills Armand.
(c) Goes to live with her parents.
(d) Kills herself and her baby.
4. Who adopts Désirée?
(a) The Valmondé family.
(b) Her mother's older sister and her husband.
(c) Her father's parents.
(d) No one.
5. Though Edna has fallen from her high position in society, what does she feel has improved?
(a) Her confidence.
(b) Her ability to judge people more accurately.
(c) She has more angst which offers more art.
(d) She has risen in a spiritual sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Ratignolle tell Edna when Edna returns?
2. How does Edna feel when her children go to stay with their grandmother and Léonce is in New York?
3. What does Léonce write to Edna?
4. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
5. Who is at Mademoiselle Reisz's home when Edna goes for a visit?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)