|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Désirée's Baby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna promise Madame Ratignolle?
(a) That Edna will not invite men into her home unless someone is present.
(b) That Edna will reconsider the move.
(c) That Edna will not have an affair until she is sure.
(d) That Edna will attend Madame Ratignolle when the baby comes.
2. What does Mildred decide to do?
(a) Go to a convent.
(b) Apply for a nanny's position.
(c) Leave the farm.
(d) Marry the farmhand.
3. What does Armand's mother say in a letter to Armand's father?
(a) That she hates her husband.
(b) That she is black.
(c) That she had a daughter she puts up for adoption.
(d) That she does not want Armand.
4. What story does Edna tell at dinner when Dr. Mandalet visits?
(a) A story about a rabbit and deer.
(b) A story about two lovers who paddle off in a boat.
(c) A story about a rat and snake.
(d) A story about her childhood.
5. What does Edna decide to do about Robert?
(a) Avoid him.
(b) Try harder to convince him to go away with her.
(d) Tell her husband she is leaving him for Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert take Edna to Madame Antoine's home?
2. Who comes to the pigeon house while Robert is there?
3. Of what does Edna remind Robert?
4. When does Mr. Pontellier arrive at the cottage after the swim?
5. Where does Robert tell Edna he is going?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)