|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Athénaïse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To borrow her horse.
(c) To marry her.
(d) For her to bake him a cake.
2. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(b) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
3. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has not yet given a response.
(b) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(c) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(d) She has said no.
4. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) She does not know.
(b) A little girl inside a grown woman.
(c) A whore.
(d) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
5. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Two couples in the story.
(c) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(d) Four siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
3. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
4. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
5. What will Edna do before she moves?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)