|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Athénaïse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
(a) Those she bought with her own money.
(b) Nothing but a few clothes.
(c) Those she brought with her from her family.
(d) The few presents her husband has given her.
2. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(b) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(c) She has said no.
(d) She has not yet given a response.
3. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(b) New Orleans.
4. How does Victor upset Edna at the dinner party?
(a) He tells Edna Robert has married a Spanish woman.
(b) He sings a song Robert used to sing.
(c) He tells Edna that Mr. Pontellier is not in New York, but rather at his mistress's house in New Orleans.
(d) He tells Edna Robert has married an Italian woman.
5. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
(a) She does not bring up the subject with Alcée.
(b) She does not know.
(c) A whore.
(d) A little girl inside a grown woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
2. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
3. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
4. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
5. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)