|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Athénaïse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(b) She has not yet given a response.
(c) She has said no.
(d) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
2. How does Victor upset Edna at the dinner party?
(a) He tells Edna that Mr. Pontellier is not in New York, but rather at his mistress's house in New Orleans.
(b) He tells Edna Robert has married a Spanish woman.
(c) He tells Edna Robert has married an Italian woman.
(d) He sings a song Robert used to sing.
3. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
(c) New Orleans.
4. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
(b) Her brother.
(c) The cook.
(d) The laundress.
5. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
(a) The way his friends laughed when he told them who he planned to marry.
(b) Going to market.
(c) A saying his mother told him on his wedding day.
(d) A slave his father once had to retrieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna think she understands?
2. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
3. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
4. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
5. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)