|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Athénaïse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alcée give to Edna?
(a) An apology.
(b) A threat of blackmail.
(c) A ring.
(d) A slap.
2. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has not yet given a response.
(b) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(c) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(d) She has said no.
3. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) To keep him out of mischief.
(b) She does not follow him.
(c) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
(d) Because she loves him.
4. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
(a) Those she bought with her own money.
(b) Nothing but a few clothes.
(c) Those she brought with her from her family.
(d) The few presents her husband has given her.
5. Where does Edna plan to move?
(a) Into a smaller house nearby.
(b) New York.
(d) Grand Isle.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Edna yearn?
2. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
3. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
4. What does Edna think she understands?
5. Who is the successful planter?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)