|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Athénaïse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Bobinôt and Calixta and Alcée Laballière and Clarisse?
(a) Two couples in the story.
(b) Four characters in a fairy tale told to the child in the story.
(c) Four siblings.
(d) Four friends.
2. Who does Edna miss at her party?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz.
(b) Madame Ratignolle.
(d) Madame Lebrun.
3. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(b) She has said no.
(c) She has not yet given a response.
(d) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
4. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(b) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(c) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(d) The meaning of life.
5. What is the first kiss to which Edna has ever responded?
(a) The one Robert gave her during the summer.
(b) One from Alcée.
(c) She says she has never really responded to any kiss.
(d) The first one from her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edna plan to move?
2. What does Cazeau sense when he embraces Athénaïse?
3. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
4. Why does Edna feel regret about her infidelity?
5. What kind of woman does Edna tell Alcée she is?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)