|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Athénaïse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clarisse follow Alcée to the ball?
(a) She does not follow him.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) To find out if he is really going to the ball.
(d) To keep him out of mischief.
2. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
(d) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
3. What are the only items Edna takes on her move?
(a) Nothing but a few clothes.
(b) Those she bought with her own money.
(c) The few presents her husband has given her.
(d) Those she brought with her from her family.
4. What is Calixta's response to Bobinôt's question?
(a) She has said no.
(b) She has said she will lend him her pony, but not her find mare.
(c) She will bake him a cake if he will introduce her to his brother.
(d) She has not yet given a response.
5. Who does Alcée flirt with at the ball?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edna miss at her party?
2. Upon whom does Athénaïse begin to depend for companionship?
3. Of what is Cazeau reminded when he goes to fetch his wife?
4. What will Edna do before she moves?
5. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)