|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Athénaïse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobinôt want of Calixta?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To borrow her horse.
(c) For her to bake him a cake.
(d) To borrow money.
2. What is the reason Cazeau tells his wife that he married her?
(a) For her political connections.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) For her money.
(d) His father forced him to do so.
3. How is Edna going to pay for her move?
(a) Money from Robert.
(b) Money from Alcée.
(c) With money from her mother's estate and selling of her art.
(d) Money her husband gives her.
4. What does Edna think she understands?
(a) Why Robert went to Mexico.
(b) Why her husband treats her the way he does.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) How Alcée is able to seduce her.
5. What makes Athénaïse decide to return to Cazeau?
(a) She is in trouble with some shady characters.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She learns she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Edna yearn?
2. Who is the successful planter?
3. What will Edna do before she moves?
4. What does Alcée give to Edna?
5. Where does Athénaïse go when she leaves Cazeau a second time?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)