|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tee Bob lock himself away in the house in "The Samson House"?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the library.
2. When was Huey P. Long born?
3. What weapon has Tee Bob used to kill himself in "The Samson House"?
(a) A rope.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sword.
(d) A letter opener.
4. What was Huey P. Long's nickname?
(a) "The Cowboy."
(b) "The Inquisitor."
(c) "The Hustler."
(d) "The Kingfish."
5. Where does Jimmy claim to have been arrested in protests with Martin Luther King, Jr. in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
(a) In Arkansas and Missouri.
(b) In Alabama and Mississippi.
(c) In Washington, D.C. and New York.
(d) In Texas and Oklahoma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samson's wife?
2. During what years did Huey P. Long serves as the Governor of Louisiana?
3. What word from the narrative refers to a piece of furniture with drawers on one side and hanging space on the other?
4. Who is sent to bring Tee Bob from hiding in the house in "The Samson House"?
5. Who arrives to lead the crowd on their march in the end of Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between Timmy and Tee Bob described in "Two Brothers of the South"?
2. How would you describe the Creoles' position and stance in regard to race relations?
3. How is Jimmy's planned march "set up" in Book 4: The Quarters?
4. How does Mary Agnes respond to questioning by the sheriff and Raynard in "The Samson House"? What is she advised to do?
5. How is the character of Hardy described in the novel?
6. How has Jane evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to "Samson"?
7. Who concludes the true blame for Tee Bob's death in the end of "The Samson House"? Who is to blame?
8. How does the narrative style of the novel change in "The LeFabre Family"?
9. What theme is illustrated through Tee Bob's death in the novel?
10. How does Mary Agnes respond when Tee Bob confronts her in "Robert and Mary"?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)