|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to bring Tee Bob from hiding in the house in "The Samson House"?
(a) Jimmy Caya.
(b) Tom Joe.
2. What word from the narrative refers to a derogatory name for Spaniards, Italians, or Portuguese?
3. Where does Tee Bob return from in “A Flower in Winter”?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
4. Who is the expected driver to accompany the protest in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
(a) Amma Dean.
(d) Tom Joe.
5. Jackie Robinson was the first African American to do what?
(a) Play in the major leagues.
(b) Attend college.
(c) Graduate college.
(d) Run for the U.S. Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tee Bob been doing while he's been away in “A Flower in Winter”?
2. For what is a black girl arrested in Jimmy's plan in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
3. What local woman's family is kicked off the Samson Plantation in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 1)?
4. What invention has lessened the need for laborers on the plantations in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 1)?
5. Where was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jimmy's planned march "set up" in Book 4: The Quarters?
2. How is the theme of slavery versus freedom explored in Book 4: The Quarters?
3. In what endeavor does Jimmy solicit Jane's help in Book 4: The Quarters?
4. What leads Miss Lily to leave the Samson Plantation?
5. What does Jane remark about leaders in the beginning of Book 4: The Quarters?
6. How has the narrative style of the novel changed in Book 4: The Quarters?
7. How does the thematic concept of "the One" apply to the novel as a whole?
8. How is the relationship between Timmy and Tee Bob described in "Two Brothers of the South"?
9. What happens when Jimmy Caya arrives at the Samson home in "The Samson House"?
10. What does Jimmy Aaron reveal during a church service after his return to the plantation? How is his message received?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)