|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jackie Robinson was the first African American to do what?
(a) Play in the major leagues.
(b) Graduate college.
(c) Run for the U.S. Senate.
(d) Attend college.
2. Who arrives to blame Mary Agnes for the situation of Tee Bob's suicide in "The Samson House"?
(a) Clamp Brown.
(b) Jules Raynard.
(c) Jimmy Caya.
(d) Albert Cluveau.
3. Where does Jane express desire to return at the plantation after Tee Bob's suicide in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 1)?
(a) To the cook's quarters.
(b) To the quarters.
(c) To the schoolroom.
(d) To the attic.
4. When was Huey P. Long assassinated?
5. Who tells Mary Agnes to leave the plantation and hide her whereabouts in "The Samson House"?
(a) Tom Joe.
(b) Jimmy Caya.
(c) Clamp Brown.
(d) Jules Raynard.
6. What news is related of Mary Agnes in "The Samson House"?
(a) She has been sexually assaulted.
(b) She has been kidnapped.
(c) She has been arrested.
(d) She has been murdered.
7. Who replaces the driver that backs out on the evening before the march in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
(b) Julius Jonsson.
(d) Amma Dean.
8. When does the flood occur that is described in “Of Men and Rivers”?
9. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
10. When did the African-American Civil Rights Movement begin?
11. What news does Samson deliver to the marching crowd in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
(a) That the courthouse is closed.
(b) That Jimmy has been killed.
(c) That Jimmy has been arrested.
(d) That John F. Kennedy has been assassinated.
12. What word from the narrative refers to large, heavy shoes?
13. What is the name of Samson's wife?
(a) Mary Agnes.
(b) Mary Hodges.
(c) Judy Major.
(d) Amma Dean.
14. Which of Samson's sons is white in “Two Brothers of the South”?
(b) Tom Joe.
(d) Tee Bob.
15. Who does the white man turn into in Jane's vision from “The Travels of Miss Jane Pittman”?
(a) The Devil.
(b) Ned, Joe, and Cluveau.
(c) Mary Agnes LeFabre.
(d) Madame Gautier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary Agnes turn down Tee Bob's suggestion in “Robert and Mary”?
2. For what type of protest was Martin Luther King, Jr. known?
3. What does Tee Bob suggest to Mary Agnes in “Robert and Mary”?
4. Who is Jimmy Aaron's great-aunt that raises him?
5. How is the door opened in the room where Tee Bob has locked himself in "The Samson House"?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)