|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Agnes turn down Tee Bob's suggestion in “Robert and Mary”?
(a) It is impossible for them to be together because of racial differences.
(b) It is impossible for them to be together because he is already married.
(c) It is impossible for them to be together because of their different political backgrounds.
(d) It is impossible for them to be together because she is already married.
2. For what is a black girl arrested in Jimmy's plan in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
(a) Going to a white school.
(b) Going into an all-white store.
(c) Sitting in the front of a bus.
(d) Drinking from a white water fountain.
3. What is the name of Tee Bob's godfather?
(a) Clamp Brown.
(b) Jules Raynard.
(c) Albert Cluveau.
(d) Jimmy Caya.
4. For what type of protest was Martin Luther King, Jr. known?
(a) Press Conference.
(b) Riot, Melee, Mob Violence.
(c) Nonviolent civil disobedience.
(d) Dramaturgical demonstration.
5. What is Mr. Samson's first name?
6. What decade is it when Jane leaves the Samson Plantation?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1950s.
7. In what sport was Joe Lewis renowned?
8. Where does Jimmy say he wants to bring the protests in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
(d) Little Rock.
9. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
10. What has Tee Bob been doing while he's been away in “A Flower in Winter”?
(a) Attending college.
(b) Working in a factory.
(c) Running a plantation.
(d) Working at a bank.
11. How does Mary Agnes describe her injuries to the sheriff in "The Samson House"?
(a) She claims she fell on a letter opener.
(b) She claims she hit her head when Tee Bob tried to stop her from leaving.
(c) She claims she fell while walking down the staircase.
(d) She claims she broke her arm at the store.
12. What was Huey P. Long's nickname?
(a) "The Cowboy."
(b) "The Hustler."
(c) "The Inquisitor."
(d) "The Kingfish."
13. What does Mary Agnes deny when she is questioned by the sheriff in "The Samson House"?
(a) She denies being pregnant.
(b) She denies marrying Tee Bob.
(c) She denies being raped.
(d) She denies being black.
14. When did the African-American Civil Rights Movement begin?
15. What word from the narrative refers to a Louisianan dish that is thickened with okra or file?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the overseer on Samson's plantation in “Two Brothers of the South”?
2. Who arrives to lead the crowd on their march in the end of Book 4: The Quarters (Part 2)?
3. What word is used to mean "godfather" in the narrative?
4. Who is Tee Bob's friend that he confesses his true attraction to at his engagement party?
5. What organization did Martin Luther King, Jr. help found in 1957?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)