|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Ned taken on in “Ned Leaves Home”?
(a) Edward Stephen Douglass.
(b) Edward James Wilson.
(c) Edward Agnes LeFabre.
(d) Edward Cluveau.
2. Whom does Albert Cluveau say he has been enlisted to kill in “Albert Cluveau”?
(c) Tom Joe.
3. Where does the Union soldier invite Jane to visit him after the emancipation in "Soldiers"?
(c) New York.
4. Why does Jane become angry and beat a man with a stick in “Heading North”?
(a) Because he attempted to hit Hardy.
(b) Because he attempted to stteal her bag of food.
(c) Because he decided to adopt her last name of Brown.
(d) Because he attempted to take Ned's flint from him.
5. How is Joe Pittman killed?
(a) He is beaten to death by a master.
(b) He is hit by a train.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) Trying to break a horse.
6. What is playtime dependent upon for Jane in “All Kinds of People”?
(a) She must plow the fields.
(b) She must learn the alphabet.
(c) She must pick cotton from the fields.
(d) She must work in the nursery.
7. What does the old man show Ned and Jane to help them on their journey in “An Old Man"?
(a) A railway schedule.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A history book.
(d) A map of the U.S.
8. Why does Ned get into a fight in “All Kinds of People”?
(a) A boy tries to steal his flint.
(b) Someone hits Jane.
(c) A boy steals his books.
(d) A man accuses him of theft.
9. How does the white man help Jane and Ned in “Shelter for a Night”?
(a) He calls the police when a mob tries to attack Jane and Ned.
(b) He sells them a gun.
(c) He gains them passage across the river.
(d) He returns them to their plantation.
10. How many years have passed on the ranch in the opening of “A Dollar for Two”?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
11. What does the white woman give to Jane and Ned on the road in “All Kinds of People”?
12. Where is Madame Gautier from?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) Little Rock.
13. How old is Pap described as in the Introduction?
(a) He is in his mid-40s.
(b) He is in his mid-80s.
(c) He is in his late 70s.
(d) He is in his early 60s.
14. Who is the fisherman that Jane lives with after Joe's death?
15. How does Job's wife respond when he brings Ned and Jane home in “Rednecks and Scalawags”?
(a) With tears.
(d) With open arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impasse have Jane and Ned reached at the end of “Massacre”?
2. Where does Jane move to live with the fisherman after Joe's death?
3. What options are the slaves on Jane's plantation given after they've been freed in "Freedom"?
4. When was the first movement of the Ku Klux Klan formed in America?
5. The white woman tells Jane and Ned in “Heading South” that they won't find a way to cross the river without what?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)