|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jane and Ned ask for when they encounter the Union soldiers in “All Kinds of People”?
(a) Colonel Jackson.
(b) Colonel Dye.
(c) Corporal Brown.
(d) Colonel Williams.
2. When was Frederick Douglass born?
3. What job does Ned eventually take, according to Jane in “Two Letters from Kansas”?
(a) He becomes a doctor.
(b) He becomes an author.
(c) He becomes a lawyer.
(d) He becomes a teacher.
4. Until what year is Ned's school in operation?
5. What are the poor whites called that make it their job to track down slaves in “Massacre”?
6. Where does the Union soldier invite Jane to visit him after the emancipation in "Soldiers"?
(d) New York.
7. What do Ned and Jane ask of Job in “An Old Man"?
(a) For a newspaper.
(b) For directions to Arkansas.
(c) For a cup of water.
(d) For a ride in his wagon.
8. What name has Ned taken on in “Ned Leaves Home”?
(a) Edward Stephen Douglass.
(b) Edward Agnes LeFabre.
(c) Edward James Wilson.
(d) Edward Cluveau.
9. Where was Frederick Douglass born?
10. Where does the majority of the acton take place in The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman?
11. What does the white woman give to Jane and Ned on the road in “All Kinds of People”?
12. Who does the old black man say he is attempting to find in “Hunter”?
(a) His brother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
13. What does Jane receive from Madam Gautier in “Man’s Way”?
14. When does the narrator make arrangements to come and hear Miss Jane's story in the Introduction?
(a) On Thursday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) On Wednesday.
15. How long after the narrator's last interview with Miss Jane does he say she died in the Introduction?
(a) 2 months after the last interview.
(b) 8 months after the last interview.
(c) 6 months after the last interview.
(d) 2 years after the last interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ned and Jane encounter the old white man in “An Old Man"?
2. What options are the slaves on Jane's plantation given after they've been freed in "Freedom"?
3. Why does Molly leave her position to find work elsewhere in “Molly”?
4. Who is the Union soldier that tells Jane the slaves are about to be freed in "Soldiers"?
5. What impasse have Jane and Ned reached at the end of “Massacre”?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)