|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The War Years (Shelter for a Night – Rednecks and Scalawags).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ned and Jane ask of Job in “An Old Man"?
(a) For a newspaper.
(b) For a ride in his wagon.
(c) For directions to Arkansas.
(d) For a cup of water.
2. What are the poor whites called that make it their job to track down slaves in “Massacre”?
3. How does Job's wife respond when he brings Ned and Jane home in “Rednecks and Scalawags”?
(b) With tears.
(d) With open arms.
4. What does the white woman give to Jane and Ned on the road in “All Kinds of People”?
5. Where did the white woman that is accompanied by the black flee from in “Heading South”?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pap described as in the Introduction?
2. What impasse have Jane and Ned reached at the end of “Massacre”?
3. The white woman tells Jane and Ned in “Heading South” that they won't find a way to cross the river without what?
4. Who is Miss Jane's strongest defender in the Introduction?
5. How old is Miss Jane Pittman's caretaker described as in the Introduction?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)