|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The War Years (Shelter for a Night – Rednecks and Scalawags).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hold is Miss Jane Pittman described in the Introduction?
(a) She is more than 100 years old.
(b) She is in her mid-70s.
(c) She is in her mid-90s.
(d) She is in her late 80s.
2. By what name is Miss Jane called as a slave-child on the plantation?
3. What is the white man's position who approaches Jane and Ned in “Shelter for a Night”?
(a) He is a government investigator.
(b) He is a game warden.
(c) He is a bounty hunter.
(d) He is a local mayor.
4. How does Job's wife respond when he brings Ned and Jane home in “Rednecks and Scalawags”?
(c) With tears.
(d) With open arms.
5. When does the narrator describe going to the plantation where Miss Jane Pittman lives in the Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the narrator's last interview with Miss Jane does he say she died in the Introduction?
2. The white woman tells Jane and Ned in “Heading South” that they won't find a way to cross the river without what?
3. When does the narrator make arrangements to come and hear Miss Jane's story in the Introduction?
4. What options are the slaves on Jane's plantation given after they've been freed in "Freedom"?
5. What does Jane describe as her chore on the plantation all day when the soldiers were to come in "Soldiers"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)