|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The War Years (Soldiers – Heading South).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Confederate soldiers called in "Soldiers"?
2. Where did the white woman that is accompanied by the black flee from in “Heading South”?
3. The white woman tells Jane and Ned in “Heading South” that they won't find a way to cross the river without what?
(a) A raft.
(b) A boat.
(c) A white chaperone.
(d) Money for the ferry.
4. How many in Jane's party are killed by the whites in “Massacre”?
(a) All but 2.
(d) All but Jane.
5. Who is Miss Jane's strongest defender in the Introduction?
(a) Amma Dean.
(b) Clamp Brown.
(c) Judy Major.
(d) Mary Hodges.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does the narrator describe his sessions lasting with Miss Jane in the Introduction?
2. How does the narrator "sign off" in the conclusion of the Introduction?
3. Whose shotgun does Miss Jane's caretaker threaten to get if needed in the Introduction?
4. From what narrative tense is the Introduction related?
5. Why do the blacks that Jane and Ned encounter mock her in “Heading South”?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)