|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The War Years (Soldiers – Heading South).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the Introduction means unwilling to admit or accept something as truth?
2. How many in Jane's party are killed by the whites in “Massacre”?
(a) All but Jane.
(d) All but 2.
3. What word from the Introduction refers to something that recurs again and again?
4. How long after the narrator's last interview with Miss Jane does he say she died in the Introduction?
(a) 2 years after the last interview.
(b) 8 months after the last interview.
(c) 6 months after the last interview.
(d) 2 months after the last interview.
5. Who is the woman that lives in the same house and looks after Miss Jane, according to the narrator in the Introduction?
(a) Amma Dean.
(b) Madame Gautier.
(c) Mary Hodges.
(d) Mary Agnes LeFabre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane give to Ned after the massacre in “Massacre”?
2. Why do the blacks that Jane and Ned encounter mock her in “Heading South”?
3. How does Jane describe her mother's death in “Heading South”?
4. Hold is Miss Jane Pittman described in the Introduction?
5. How does the narrator describe recording Miss Jane's story in the Introduction?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)