|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: The Quarters (Part 1).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ned's murderer in “The People”?
(a) He is hanged for murder and assassination.
(b) He is jailed for 6 months.
(c) The judge drops the case against him.
(d) He is jailed for 3 years.
2. Who is Ned's mother?
(a) Madame Gautier.
(b) Amma Dean.
(c) Black Harriet.
(d) Big Laura.
3. The white woman tells Jane and Ned in “Heading South” that they won't find a way to cross the river without what?
(a) A boat.
(b) A raft.
(c) A white chaperone.
(d) Money for the ferry.
4. What imposing woman leads the slaves on their journey in “Heading North”?
(a) Black Harriet.
(b) Big Laura.
(c) Madame Gautier.
(d) Amma Dean.
5. How is Tee Bob's death reported in the paper?
(a) As a homicide.
(b) As a freak accident.
(c) As an unsolved murder.
(d) Simply as a suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator "sign off" in the conclusion of the Introduction?
2. Who tells Mary Agnes to leave the plantation and hide her whereabouts in "The Samson House"?
3. What has Tee Bob been doing while he's been away in “A Flower in Winter”?
4. How many in Jane's party are killed by the whites in “Massacre”?
5. What is the old black man cooking when Jane and Ned encounter him in “Hunter”?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)