|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: The Quarters (Part 1).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jane decide to go after the slaves on her plantation are freed in "Freedom"?
(a) To New York.
(b) To Missouri.
(c) To Pennsylvania.
(d) To Ohio.
2. What job does Ned eventually take, according to Jane in “Two Letters from Kansas”?
(a) He becomes a doctor.
(b) He becomes a teacher.
(c) He becomes a lawyer.
(d) He becomes an author.
3. Whom do each member of the black plantation community take turns feeding in “A Flicker of Light; and Again Darkness”?
(a) The cook.
(b) The field runner.
(c) The slave master.
(d) The schoolteacher.
4. Where does Jane express desire to return at the plantation after Tee Bob's suicide in Book 4: The Quarters (Part 1)?
(a) To the cook's quarters.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the quarters.
(d) To the schoolroom.
5. Who is Ned's mother?
(a) Madame Gautier.
(b) Big Laura.
(c) Black Harriet.
(d) Amma Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does the narrator describe his sessions lasting with Miss Jane in the Introduction?
2. What imposing woman leads the slaves on their journey in “Heading North”?
3. Why does Molly leave her position to find work elsewhere in “Molly”?
4. Where does Job give Ned and Jane a place to sleep in “Rednecks and Scalawags”?
5. Who is the woman that lives in the same house and looks after Miss Jane, according to the narrator in the Introduction?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)