|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The War Years (Shelter for a Night – Rednecks and Scalawags).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impasse have Jane and Ned reached at the end of “Massacre”?
(a) A giant lake.
(b) A river.
(c) A cliffside.
(d) A swamp.
2. What does the old man show Ned and Jane to help them on their journey in “An Old Man"?
(a) A railway schedule.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A map of the U.S.
(d) A history book.
3. How does Job's wife respond when he brings Ned and Jane home in “Rednecks and Scalawags”?
(a) With open arms.
(b) With tears.
4. What are the Confederate soldiers called in "Soldiers"?
5. Who is the plantation owner that Job takes Ned and Jane to meet in “Rednecks and Scalawags”?
(a) Mr. Bones.
(b) Mr. Cluveau.
(c) Mr. Samson.
(d) Mr. Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ned's mother?
2. What is the old black man cooking when Jane and Ned encounter him in “Hunter”?
3. From what narrative tense is the Introduction related?
4. Why does Ned get into a fight in “All Kinds of People”?
5. How old is Miss Jane Pittman's caretaker described as in the Introduction?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)