|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: Birth of a New Nation, Chapter 12: Brush with Death, Chapter 13: Pilgrimage to Nonviolence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did a Montgomery Grand Jury indict King and others on an antiboycott law?
(a) 14 February 1956.
(b) 21 February 1956.
(c) 28 February 1956.
(d) 7 February 1956.
2. Where was Martin Luther King, Jr., born?
3. King attended the midnight ceremony that marked the independence of which nation on 6 March 1957?
4. King indicated that what the world needed was a group of women and men willing to do what?
(a) Preach moral spirituality, denounce sin.
(b) Teach socialism, reject communism.
(c) Promote peace, oppose conflict.
(d) Stand up for right, oppose wrong.
5. When was King elected head of the Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA)?
(a) 5 December 1955.
(b) 1 December 1955.
(c) 3 December 1955.
(d) 7 December 1955.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to King, how many people were indicted in Montgomery on antiboycott charges in February, 1956?
2. Why was Coretta unable to travel frequently with King?
3. When did King and other civil rights leaders meet with Eisenhower?
4. What was King's fine when found guilty of the antiboycott law?
5. In what year of college did King enter the ministry?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)