|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Desegregation at Last, Chapter 10: The Expanding Struggle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King described which individual as his "closest associate and most trusted friend" from the start of the boycott?
(a) Roy Bennett.
(b) E.D. Nixon.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Jack Crenshaw.
2. King believed that, in order to advance forward, man had to step back and find what God?
(a) "Of the universe and the God that will last through the ages."
(b) "Of universal freedom and the God that will last through the ages."
(c) "Of social justice and the God that will last through the ages."
(d) "Of social equality and the God that will last through the ages."
3. When did the bus desegregation order reached Montgomery?
(a) 20 December 1956.
(b) 15 December 1956.
(c) 5 December 1956.
(d) 10 December 1956.
4. When did King receive his doctorate from Boston University?
(a) 5 June 1953.
(b) 5 June 1956.
(c) 5 June 1955.
(d) 5 June 1954.
5. King indicated that what the world needed was a group of women and men willing to do what?
(a) Promote peace, oppose conflict.
(b) Preach moral spirituality, denounce sin.
(c) Stand up for right, oppose wrong.
(d) Teach socialism, reject communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it King's college training did, especially during his first two years?
2. At what age was King ready to enter the ministry?
3. King become head of what on 14 February 1957?
4. King noted he had come to recognize the true meaning of what phrase through Coretta?
5. In addition to King, how many people were indicted in Montgomery on antiboycott charges in February, 1956?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)