|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Desegregation at Last, Chapter 10: The Expanding Struggle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King described which individual as his "closest associate and most trusted friend" from the start of the boycott?
(a) Jack Crenshaw.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) E.D. Nixon.
(d) Roy Bennett.
2. King's experiences with the Intercollegiate Council convinced him there were many whites who were allies, particularly whom?
(a) Scholarly instructors.
(b) Lower economic income.
(c) Younger generation.
(d) Religious professionals.
3. Who was the Governor of Arkansas when federal troops were called in to protect students at Central High School in Little Rock?
(a) Orval Faubus.
(b) Orval Tessier.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Dobie Gillis.
4. King received his doctorate in what major?
(a) Systematic Theology.
(b) Theological Philosophy.
(c) Christian Theology.
(d) Biblical History.
5. Coretta inherited a talent for what from her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King describe as the age-old problem faced by his mother and all black parents in America?
2. King stipulated there was something in the universe that justified Cullen Bryant when he said what?
3. King indicated that what the world needed was a group of women and men willing to do what?
4. Montgomery's Police Commissioner instructed taxi drivers not to do what during the bus boycott?
5. King noted he had come to recognize the true meaning of what phrase through Coretta?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)