|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Montgomery Movement Begins, Chapter 8: The Violence of Desperate Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did King meet Coretta?
(a) In the university's cafeteria.
(b) In a church just off campus.
(c) In the university's library.
(d) Through a mutual friend.
2. King noted he had come to recognize the true meaning of what phrase through Coretta?
(a) "A wife can either make or break a husband."
(b) "A wife determines whether or not a husband is a success."
(c) "A wife is the foundation which supports a husband."
(d) "The spine of a husband is his wife."
3. Coretta inherited a talent for what from her mother?
4. King was arrested and jailed on what date for speeding during the "Get Tough" campaign?
(a) 26 January 1956.
(b) 31 January 1956.
(c) 21 January 1956.
(d) 16 January 1956.
5. When did King enter Crozer Theological Seminary?
(a) 14 September 1948.
(b) 14 September 1947.
(c) 14 September 1950.
(d) 14 September 1949.
Short Answer Questions
1. King indicated that what the world needed was a group of women and men willing to do what?
2. Which social philosopher did King stipulate left an indelible imprint on his thinking?
3. King received his doctorate in what major?
4. What factors regarding King's parents' marriage had a great impact on his religious attitudes?
5. After having read Karl Marx to understand Communism's appeal to so many, what had King concluded about his views?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)