|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Montgomery Movement Begins, Chapter 8: The Violence of Desperate Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King's experiences with the Intercollegiate Council convinced him there were many whites who were allies, particularly whom?
(a) Lower economic income.
(b) Younger generation.
(c) Religious professionals.
(d) Scholarly instructors.
2. What did King describe as the age-old problem faced by his mother and all black parents in America?
(a) Explaining racial hatred to a small child.
(b) Explaining segregation to a teenager.
(c) Explaining racial discrimination to a small child.
(d) Explaining segregation, discrimination to a small child.
3. Just prior to Brightman's death, King initiated his study of which philosopher with him?
4. King received his doctorate in what major?
(a) Systematic Theology.
(b) Biblical History.
(c) Theological Philosophy.
(d) Christian Theology.
5. Which social philosopher did King stipulate left an indelible imprint on his thinking?
(a) Walter Channing.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Walter Rauschenbusch.
(d) Walter Raleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure stood diagonally across the square from the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
2. When did King and other MIA leaders unsuccessfully meet with whites in an attempt to resolve the bus issue?
3. King had been desirous of what for some years prior to his graduation from Crozer Seminary?
4. King noted he had come to recognize the true meaning of what phrase through Coretta?
5. How long did King have to prepare what he considered the most important speech of his life?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)