|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Montgomery Movement Begins, Chapter 8: The Violence of Desperate Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just prior to Brightman's death, King initiated his study of which philosopher with him?
2. What shackles did King describe as being removed from his body during his first two college years?
3. How old was King when he participated in an oratorical contest in Dublin, Georgia?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
4. When did King meet Coretta Scott?
(a) January 1952.
(b) January 1950.
(c) January 1951.
(d) January 1953.
5. When was King elected head of the Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA)?
(a) 5 December 1955.
(b) 1 December 1955.
(c) 3 December 1955.
(d) 7 December 1955.
Short Answer Questions
1. King was arrested and jailed on what date for speeding during the "Get Tough" campaign?
2. It was primarily under Edgar S. Brightman and L. Harold DeWolf that King studied what?
3. What structure stood diagonally across the square from the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
4. Where was Martin Luther King, Jr., born?
5. Why was Coretta unable to travel frequently with King?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)