|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Montgomery Movement Begins, Chapter 8: The Violence of Desperate Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was primarily under Edgar S. Brightman and L. Harold DeWolf that King studied what?
(a) Christian theology.
(b) Personalistic philosophy.
(c) Socialistic philosophy.
(d) Calvinistic philosophy.
2. King believed that, in order to advance forward, man had to step back and find what God?
(a) "Of social justice and the God that will last through the ages."
(b) "Of universal freedom and the God that will last through the ages."
(c) "Of the universe and the God that will last through the ages."
(d) "Of social equality and the God that will last through the ages."
3. Why was Coretta unable to travel frequently with King?
(a) She had obligations in their church.
(b) She stayed home with their 4 children.
(c) Their limited budget precluded her accompanying him.
(d) She had to work while he was gone.
4. When did King and other MIA leaders unsuccessfully meet with whites in an attempt to resolve the bus issue?
(a) 17 December 1955.
(b) 22 December 1955.
(c) 12 December 1955.
(d) 5 December 1955.
5. King described his father as having been what?
(a) "As strong in his faith as...in his will."
(b) "As strong in his body as...in his vision."
(c) "As strong in his faith as...in his vision."
(d) "As strong in his will as...in his body."
Short Answer Questions
1. King was initially exposed to what position of Dr. A.J. Muste that deeply moved but did not convince him?
2. After having read Karl Marx to understand Communism's appeal to so many, what had King concluded about his views?
3. King indicated that what the world needed was a group of women and men willing to do what?
4. What was it King admired most about his father?
5. In what year of college did King enter the ministry?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)