|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Montgomery Movement Begins, Chapter 8: The Violence of Desperate Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factors regarding King's parents' marriage had a great impact on his religious attitudes?
(a) They held a family prayer circle daily.
(b) They did not argue or have a great falling out.
(c) They read the Bible aloud daily.
(d) They were active in their church.
2. In a paper submitted at Crozer Seminary, King indicated he had nearly despaired over _______'s power to resolve social problems.
3. Just prior to Brightman's death, King initiated his study of which philosopher with him?
4. King received his doctorate in what major?
(a) Christian Theology.
(b) Theological Philosophy.
(c) Systematic Theology.
(d) Biblical History.
5. When did King receive his doctorate from Boston University?
(a) 5 June 1955.
(b) 5 June 1953.
(c) 5 June 1956.
(d) 5 June 1954.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure stood diagonally across the square from the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
2. After having read Karl Marx to understand Communism's appeal to so many, what had King concluded about his views?
3. What custom did King follow every Sunday morning?
4. Why was Coretta unable to travel frequently with King?
5. When was King elected head of the Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA)?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)